• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Security Advisers: No Trump

The answer to that should be 0. It should have been glaringly obvious to anyone who bothered to rub 2 neurons together that the man is totally unsuited to the job.

You would think so. I know Hillary Clinton has her skeletons in the closet, but they have accumulated over 30 years in the spot light in politics. No ones going to look squeaky clean after that. Trump has not only thrown skeletons in his closet, he's also shown an ignorance to politics and foreign affairs that's terrifying, a temperament that's only comparable to an internet troll, an inability to put together even a semblance of a decent campaign etc. and he's shown all of this in just the last year. He's good at making headlines and staying in the news and being bombastic. There's a segment of the population that love the idea of a president that will literally tell the entire world and their political enemies to go **** themselves, and trump has that vote locked up. Now we need the adults of the country to understand that even though that would be hilarious to watch, it would be terrifying for our country as a whole.

Now we need the adults of the country to understand that even though that would be hilarious to watch, it would be terrifying for our country as a whole.

8 more years of liberalism is far more terrifying. If were going down in flames we might as well make it entertaining.

I didn't realize its had come to this, the EPA has no business in this arena. What a load of horse manure.

It's only the tip of the iceberg. Worse still, there is little to no public exposure by agencies like the EPA to these efforts.

This Environmental Justice initiative has been underway for a couple of years now.

Why is it such a secret? The answer is obvious.

Where did Tom Ridge fall?

I can't watch YouTube videos on my work computer.

Okay, I get it. Every one of those 50 experts are idiots, including the guy who prevented any further terror attacks on this country for the 4 years he was responsible for that, and Trump is a genius when it comes to national security.

Okay, I get it. Every one of those 50 experts are idiots, including the guy who prevented any further terror attacks on this country for the 4 years he was responsible for that, and Trump is a genius when it comes to national security.

Well he is the only one so far smart enough to identify Islam with terrorism. That's a start.

It's remarkable that the Rs are coming out against Trump, and solidifies his candidacy as the true outsider. If they had started lining up behind him, it would have indicated that they thought they could control him, or the usual backroom deals had occurred, and continue with whatever agenda they have. The fact that the establishment candidate, HRC, is getting support from the establishment Rs is not surprising in such a light.

There is plenty of middle ground between genius and totally unqualified idiot.

It's remarkable that the Rs are coming out against Trump, and solidifies his candidacy as the true outsider. If they had started lining up behind him, it would have indicated that they thought they could control him, or the usual backroom deals had occurred, and continue with whatever agenda they have. The fact that the establishment candidate, HRC, is getting support from the establishment Rs is not surprising in such a light.

Not at all, the Republicrats are really one

Is it stupid to consider the motivations of people who speak publicly?

And yes...I have considered the fact that they have an interest in the outcome. That's the problem. Their interest prompts them to prefer Hillary over Trump. For members of the Republican Party, to do so is outright disloyalty to their own Party.

I think I stated pretty obviously that yes motivations - I called them "vested interests" matter and should be taken into consideration.

Having an interest in the outcome doesn't disqualify the statement. It may be a false statement that they're using to further their interest or it may well be true and simply bolsters their argument. It needs to analyzed in light of a number of factors of which motivations are just one.

My loyalty is to America. Disloyalty to American trumps disloyalty to a political party. So if these people are acting on principal they are patriots in the truest sense of the word.

You would think so. I know Hillary Clinton has her skeletons in the closet, but they have accumulated over 30 years in the spot light in politics. No ones going to look squeaky clean after that. Trump has not only thrown skeletons in his closet, he's also shown an ignorance to politics and foreign affairs that's terrifying, a temperament that's only comparable to an internet troll, an inability to put together even a semblance of a decent campaign etc. and he's shown all of this in just the last year. He's good at making headlines and staying in the news and being bombastic. There's a segment of the population that love the idea of a president that will literally tell the entire world and their political enemies to go **** themselves, and trump has that vote locked up. Now we need the adults of the country to understand that even though that would be hilarious to watch, it would be terrifying for our country as a whole.

QFT.

I couldn't agree more.

You honestly think they'd release something like this if Rubio or Cruz had won the primary? How many republicans have to openly admit that Trump isn't capable before it's obvious to everyone?

Actually, the ones objecting, to most of us, that's an advertisement for Trump. Same group of yahoos that have done nothing they promised.

I think I stated pretty obviously that yes motivations - I called them "vested interests" matter and should be taken into consideration.

Having an interest in the outcome doesn't disqualify the statement. It may be a false statement that they're using to further their interest or it may well be true and simply bolsters their argument. It needs to analyzed in light of a number of factors of which motivations are just one.

My loyalty is to America. Disloyalty to American trumps disloyalty to a political party. So if these people are acting on principal they are patriots in the truest sense of the word.

LOL!!

Believe me, the GOP Elite are not acting because they are patriotic. They are acting because Trump threatens their golden goose.

Or... They fear another Goldwater blowout of an election.

If they were acting in fear of a Goldwater blowout, they would not be publicly denouncing Trump. Rather, they would hold their noses and hope he doesn't hurt too much down-ticket. What they fear is him actually winning, which admittedly is a relatively small prospect given the current polls but which would effectively give DT control of the Republican party. Better to concede this one, and wrest control back a la Nixon.

add:
It is unclear whether the former secretaries plan to stay silent or will issue their own statements. But particularly striking is how many of Ms. Rice’s closest aides at the White House and the State Department, including Philip Zelikow, Eliot A. Cohen, Meghan O’Sullivan, Kori Schake and Michael Green, are all signatories.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0

C'mon young lady! ;) There is always something to worry about in politics. Like its often said - anything is possible. But in this case its far from probable, likely or a serious prospect.

The demographic numbers are just so set against Trump that a win for him simply is not at all something on the horizon.

But we can still worry. Woody Allen said he was worried he would not get lucky on his wedding night. ;)

if the wikileaks threat to soon release damning email material is a valid one, that would seem to loom as the biggest threat to the clinton candidacy

and 'up' is now 'down'

having prominent republicans in large numbers express their objection to tRump is beneficial to his candidacy you insist

however, had they supported him, you and your ilk would be crowing about how the republicans are now unified under tRump

maybe you can understand why many of us view your take as nothing more than a weak attempt to spin bad news as good

and 'up' is now 'down'

having prominent republicans in large numbers express their objection to tRump is beneficial to his candidacy you insist

however, had they supported him, you and your ilk would be crowing about how the republicans are now unified under tRump

maybe you can understand why many of us view your take as nothing more than a weak attempt to spin bad news as good
Actually, it's not beneficial to his prospect of winning, rather it solidifies and legitimizes the premise that he is a true outsider. Many in his nominal party are against him, that's what it means to be an outsider. Every election, people bitch and moan about the lack of choice and wish for an outsider, and every election they re-elect the establishment out of hopped up fear of the wrong person getting in. Hell, even Sanders is playing that game, even though Trump is a great deal closer to Sanders on trade than HRC. There is no reason that I see that this election will be any different.

As for me and "my ilk", they don't include professional establishment politicians. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom