• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Security Advisers: No Trump

Ummm...

I don't get the connection.

In any case, I don't go to Starbucks for anything.

No worries....as another one bites the dust. :lol:

My conclusion about Mr. Trump’s unsuitability for office is based on his disregard for the precept of treating others with respect, an idea that should transcend politics. Instead, he opts to mock the vulnerable and inflame prejudices by attacking ethnic and religious minorities. Three incidents in particular have led me to the inescapable conclusion that Mr. Trump lacks the temperament, self-discipline and judgment required to be president.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...1095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html

Well you don't know what you are missing mate.

The Double Chocolately Chip Frappuccino is to ****ing die for.

0f46ba6a60ec63380efe4756f5dcdc7c.jpg

shrug...

3 fried eggs, 2 big sausage patties, half a plate of hash browns and two slices of sourdough toast slathered in butter is to die for...and, like that frappuccino thing...will probably kill me.

I'm only half serious. The drink is only 270 mg's of sodium for the 16 oz. serving, but that is more than 1/10th of my daily sodium restriction. Like the breakfast, I've learned to stay away from that stuff.

You honestly think they'd release something like this if Rubio or Cruz had won the primary? How many republicans have to openly admit that Trump isn't capable before it's obvious to everyone?

You would have done it in pink instead of black? I will admit that this is politically somewhat incorrect.

I am so glad these clowns can get themselves organized for something.

Given the recent achievements of the US Security Elite, both the D and the R divisions, this is indeed an accomplishment.

:sarcasticclap

Ummm...

I don't get the connection.

In any case, I don't go to Starbucks for anything.
Right, because you probably get your coffee from a gas station like you seek security advice from Ivanka's handbag holder.

You would have done it in pink instead of black? I will admit that this is politically somewhat incorrect.

Not even sure what the pink is for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would these be the same (excellent character, values and experience) GOP security advisors that got us into a multi-trillion dollar, decades long, military and nation building fiasco in the ME and SW Asia?

The NY Times seems to be quite selective in when these folks make wise, correct and brilliant recommendations. ;)

No. For instance, Tom Ridge was a former Governor of Pennsylvania and the first Director of Homeland Security, and served in that role for 4 years. His job was to prevent another 9/11 after 9/11. Which we all know he did. He was not involved in the invasion decisions.

Right, because experts in national security have absolutely no idea about security. Better to ask some uneducated moron who falls for Trump's latest slogan of the day.

You apparently aren't getting it. Trump knows everything there is to know about the economy, because....well, he built big buildings and golf courses. No need to actually see any kind of details, financials, or anything of that nature. He said he's an expert, so he's an expert!

Now here we have 50 people, many of whom spent their entire lives in national security roles. Studied it, lived it, some made mistakes, some didn't. But they don't know anything! Nothing!

Please try to keep up.

This will leave a mark.

Unbelievable.

If Trump supporters don't understand there is a consistent effort to disenfranchise them, they are naive. Neither side of the aisle wants an outsider. And perhaps that is just what we need.

Faint praise, indeed!

“He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood,” the letter says. “He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be president and commander in chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.”

Okay - but other than being a racist demagogue with strong authoritarian tendencies fueled by a mental disposition to narcissism and rather thin skin with an inability to absorb policy information and has an almost instinctive hate of learning anything new - what are the mans bad points?

Not even sure what the pink is for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought that I had watching the intensely pink Whities walk by on their way back from the beach.

No. For instance, Tom Ridge was a former Governor of Pennsylvania and the first Director of Homeland Security, and served in that role for 4 years. His job was to prevent another 9/11 after 9/11. Which we all know he did. He was not involved in the invasion decisions.

Hmm...

In running the department, Mr. Ridge also strongly espoused Mr. Bush's view that the best way to protect the nation was to root out terrorists overseas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/01/p...-color-alerts-and-mixed-security-reviews.html

Unbelievable.

If Trump supporters don't understand there is a consistent effort to disenfranchise them, they are naive. Neither side of the aisle wants an outsider. And perhaps that is just what we need.

If the "outsider" wasn't a four-time bankrupt, buffooon who panders to the lowest common denominator, vilifying minorities while poking fun at the disabled, he'd probably be a lot more popular with the general population, not just barely 1/2 the Republicans. Just saying.

If the "outsider" wasn't a four-time bankrupt, buffooon who panders to the lowest common denominator, vilifying minorities while poking fun at the disabled, he'd probably be a lot more popular with the general population, not just barely 1/2 the Republicans. Just saying.

And yet he won the nomination.

Says a lot for the sad state of the GOP, IMO. The lowest common denominator seems to have flocked to it.

You apparently aren't getting it. Trump knows everything there is to know about the economy, because....well, he built big buildings and golf courses. No need to actually see any kind of details, financials, or anything of that nature. He said he's an expert, so he's an expert!

Now here we have 50 people, many of whom spent their entire lives in national security roles. Studied it, lived it, some made mistakes, some didn't. But they don't know anything! Nothing!

Please try to keep up.

Stunning. I know. Expertise is a handicap in the minds of these people.

What does that even mean? Is that a Dem talking point?

Dem talking points? Nah. Trump supporters provide plenty of talking points on their own.

Okay - but other than being a racist demagogue with strong authoritarian tendencies fueled by a mental disposition to narcissism and rather thin skin with an inability to absorb policy information and has an almost instinctive hate of learning anything new - what are the mans bad points?

Greetings, haymarket. :2wave:

:thumbs: :lamo

Yes - because the GOP primary electorate is perhaps 15% or so of the November electorate and skews farther right than the normal electorate does.

Its not the same pool at all and permits somebody like Trump to win because the playing field is entirely different.

Yes - because the GOP primary electorate is perhaps 15% or so of the November electorate and skews farther right than the normal electorate does.

Its not the same pool at all and permits somebody like Trump to win because the playing field is entirely different.

What?

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Republican Popular Vote

Primary turnout for 2016 high but not quite a record | Pew Research Center

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

There were roughly 125 million votes cast for President in the 2012 election.

In the 2016 GOP primary process, Trump got 13,300,000 votes. What that means is that just over 10% of the number of voters who cast votes for President in 2012, got Trump the nomination in 2016.

Because the pool is much smaller, the process allows a Trump to win even though he is a disaster in the general election with a much smaller electorate.

Consider that some 30 million people voted in the GOP primaries in 2016 and that is less than 25% of the general election voting group. So my "15% or so" was a bit understated. But even taking it up to 23 or 24% - its still true that the smaller body permits a Trump to emerge as the primary winner when he is a disaster in the general when far more people vote.

Back
Top Bottom