• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP apparently doesn't care to debate anymore

Your conservative brother is who mentioned Trump first in this thread. Maybe you should take it up with him? Seems the Big Lie Believer of Trump is also the one posting LIES.
So what? The post I replied to mentioned him as well.

So what? The post I replied to mentioned him as well.

He didn't bring up Trump, your brother did. The other poster replied to your brother. Sorry you got caught on another lie.

He didn't bring up Trump, your brother did. The other poster replied to your brother. Sorry you got caught on another lie.
Trump's NAME was in the friggin' post I was responding to. - I DGAF who mentioned it first. Take your kindergarten "touched your first" games elsewhere.

Trump's NAME was in the friggin' post I was responding to. - I DGAF who mentioned it first. Take your kindergarten "touched your first" games elsewhere.

Sorry your lies caught up with you.

Considering the moderation of late, they are making a good decision.

I mean, seriously...did you watch Trump having to debate BOTH his opponents...Biden and Wallace?
Do you have a clue what the job of a moderator is?
Having watched the debates, we know that Trump doesn't. Or possibly he does know but just expected his pompous bluster and off topic rants would go unchecked?

This decision is the clearest sign yet that Trump is running. Should Trump not be the nominee, I bet this decision is reversed.

WTF are you talking about?
You claimed that it was another poster that brought up Trump it was your brother. Boy the Big Lie believers sure do get their panties in a bunch over being caught in lies themselves.

Do you have a clue what the job of a moderator is?
Having watched the debates, we know that Trump doesn't. Or possibly he does know but just expected his pompous bluster and off topic rants would go unchecked?
Are you saying a debate moderator's job is to argue with the people on the stage? If that's correct, then yeah...I think I and a lot of other people don't know what the job of a moderator is. (Or...maybe you don't.)

You claimed that it was another poster that brought up Trump it was your brother. Boy the Big Lie believers sure do get their panties in a bunch over being caught in lies themselves.
I don't have a :Brother. My only claim was that the post I responded mentioned Trump.

Way past time! Just look at the meltdown when the Left loses a lever to pull.

I don't have a :Brother. My only claim was that the post I responded mentioned Trump.

And it was brought up by another poster to whom he responded to. Your comment was both idiotic and pathetically ignorant based on what happened. You got caught, not my problem. Big Lies Believers seem to be into more lying.

They have succumbed to the authoritarian Russian propaganda that elected Trump. They can not allow debate but only support the party line.

This makes sense, because Republicans recognize they cannot compete in a debate - all they can do is things like trump stalking Hillary on stage or trying to give Biden Covid - and instead they'll rely on their propaganda machine. It's one more reason for voters to reject them, but likely will result in their base liking them more.

And it was brought up by another poster to whom he responded to.
So what?

Your comment was both idiotic and pathetically ignorant based on what happened. You got caught, not my problem. Big Lies Believers seem to be into more lying.
Your opinion is the only idiotic and pathetic thing on this thread. Or, I should say "your posts . . ."

I seen that. I do agree, it is all about control. I remember when the league of Woman’s voters held the debates. Neither party had control, the league did. But the league messed up by allowing Ross Perot into the debates, so the major parties agreed on the so called, Bipartisan debate committee and took them away from the League. Since then it has become commission on presidential debates.

What I have found out concerning the debates is that most of those who tune into them have their minds made up already. It’s republicans and democrats tuning in to root for their candidate. As a swing voter, one who doesn’t belong nor affiliates with either major party, I don’t have a horse in the race to root on. I don’t bother to watch them.

I’d suggest giving the debates back to the League of Woman’s voters who originated the whole thing. Then if one or the other candidate doesn’t show up, let the one who does debate the Libertarian and the Green Party candidates. Give them use of the free airtime. I believe any candidate that is on enough state ballots to reach 270 electoral votes should be included in the debates. It also wouldn’t bother me if they never had another one.
I remember all that. I'm a big fan of the league of women voters. They did a great job. Politics has figured out that everything is about building a workaround to subvert the ethical structures. LWV was the debate ethical structure so the parties got together and built the Commission on Presidental Debates as a workaround.

Back in the 60's when congress would have hearings, they'd actually have highly educated and experienced personel to interview on a topic. Then when Ralph Nader became that go-to expert and effected change, the parties' periphery started building "think-tanks" which became the go-to for congressional hearings. And the think-tanks would just come in with preset narratives that the questioners wanted to hear so they didn't have to make any adjustments that would compromise them with their donors.

Since they controlled all the input and information, all that was left was to gerrymander their job security in place and destroy what was "media" and turn it into talking heads pretending to be experts.

They've set up a very sheltered and controlled existence.

I remember all that. I'm a big fan of the league of women voters. They did a great job. Politics has figured out that everything is about building a workaround to subvert the ethical structures. LWV was the debate ethical structure so the parties got together and built the Commission on Presidental Debates as a workaround.

Back in the 60's when congress would have hearings, they'd actually have highly educated and experienced personel to interview on a topic. Then when Ralph Nader became that go-to expert and effected change, the parties' periphery started building "think-tanks" which became the go-to for congressional hearings. And the think-tanks would just come in with preset narratives that the questioners wanted to hear so they didn't have to make any adjustments that would compromise them with their donors.

Since they controlled all the input and information, all that was left was to gerrymander their job security in place and destroy what was "media" and turn it into talking heads pretending to be experts.

They've set up a very sheltered and controlled existence.
Exactly. Gerrymandering is a huge problem. In any given election, you may have only 35-40 house seats that are competitive with the rest in safe category. It’s like I always said, gerrymandering is a system of congress folks choosing their voters instead of having the voters choosing their congress critters.

With the current redistricting just about completed. Just 3 states are left. We have 41 competitive districts with the rest pretty much already decided.

I'm surprised the Commission wouldn't make those changes, if that's really what it was about. They seem reasonable?

Finally the GOP has done something right about the debate committee. It has been the most obvious democrat biased committee. Nothing but a bunch of liberal moderators. This is great news!

"....The Republican National Committee voted unanimously on Thursday to withdraw from the Commission on Presidential Debates, saying the group that has run the debates for decades was biased and refused to enact reforms...."

Are you saying a debate moderator's job is to argue with the people on the stage? If that's correct, then yeah...I think I and a lot of other people don't know what the job of a moderator is. (Or...maybe you don't.)
I did not propose any definition. I asked if you knew what the job entailed. Do you, and if so, what's your cliff's notes version of the job description?

Considering the moderation of late, they are making a good decision.

I mean, seriously...did you watch Trump having to debate BOTH his opponents...Biden and Wallace?
You gotta be kidding. Trump acted like a petulant child during that debate, interrupting Biden and Wallace more than 100 times.

"Mr. President, you're not the moderator," Wallace reminded Trump less than 10 minutes into the event.

The Fox News anchor became visibly flustered as the candidates repeatedly talked over him and he seemed unable to maintain the question-and-answer flow of the debate.

“Gentlemen, you realize that you’re both speaking at the same time,” Wallace said after butting-in several times to finish questions.

When Wallace asked Trump to stop interrupting, the president claimed Biden was interrupting, too.

"Frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting,” Wallace told Trump, at one time asking the president if he would like to change seats and become the moderator.

I did not propose any definition. I asked if you knew what the job entailed. Do you, and if so, what's your cliff's notes version of the job description?
You tell me.

Nonsense.

It got to the point where Wallace was arguing policy points with Trump...and Biden did what he does best: Just stand there.

Prior to the first presidential debate, moderator Chris Wallace said his goal was to be “invisible” – but at many points it seemed the Fox News host was arguing with Donald Trump more than Joe Biden.​
Tuesday night’s chaotic head-to-head in Ohio – aptly described as a “s**tshow” by one host – at points more or less descended into a three-way shouting match between the men.​
“First of all, I guess I’m debating you, not him – that’s OK, I’m not surprised,” the President snarkily said to Wallace during one exchange early on about Obamacare, after the host repeatedly interrupted his answer.​
So you think Trump was following the rules that he agreed to ?

Did you watch it?

Given the horrendous performance of "moderators" during the last few debates, I'm not surprised.
Trump’s behavior was, hands down, the very least presidential of any incumbent in modern history.

Back
Top Bottom