• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP apparently doesn't care to debate anymore

Republican Party withdraws from U.S. commission on presidential debates
If you are a GOP voter, answer this question. Why would you vote for a Republican candidate who is afraid to meet with the American people and answer questions concerning his or her politics?

You gotta be kidding. Trump acted like a petulant child during that debate, interrupting Biden and Wallace more than 100 times.

"Mr. President, you're not the moderator," Wallace reminded Trump less than 10 minutes into the event.

The Fox News anchor became visibly flustered as the candidates repeatedly talked over him and he seemed unable to maintain the question-and-answer flow of the debate.

“Gentlemen, you realize that you’re both speaking at the same time,” Wallace said after butting-in several times to finish questions.

When Wallace asked Trump to stop interrupting, the president claimed Biden was interrupting, too.

"Frankly, you’ve been doing more interrupting,” Wallace told Trump, at one time asking the president if he would like to change seats and become the moderator.
The fact that Wallace was a poor moderator, not able to keep control, does not excuse the fact that he started debating Trump on his own.

So you think Trump was following the rules that he agreed to ?

Did you watch it?
I think everyone involved violated the rules...all the more reason for the RNC to give the debates a pass.

@Perotista thank you for pointing me to the League of Women's Voters debates. These were before my [politically aware] time so I had not been exposed to any of them. I've been listening for an hour and am amazed.

I think everyone involved violated the rules...all the more reason for the RNC to give the debates a pass.
False equivalence.

Trump can't control himself. Acted like a spoiled rotten silver spoon baby man.

Amazing that you all think an American president can act like that.

they never debated anyway (I can speak to the last 22 years), they just lie, deflect, project, dodge. You have to have facts to do so

Indeed. This forum is pretty boring because the only thing the Trumpsters know how to do on here is lie and pathetically carry water for Trump.

Is anyone really surprised.........

0355c54e298bdf9c977a727b512b6ddffbb605db.png

.......snowflakes need a safe space. :LOL:

Last edited:
The fact that Wallace was a poor moderator, not able to keep control, does not excuse the fact that he started debating Trump on his own.

Can't hold Trump to any reasonable expectation of behavior.

Which isn't ehe topic of discussion.

The decision to not participate in this debate forum is all about Trump. The issues doesn't exist without him.

How classic that the decision was released by a woman who changed her name for him.

The decision to not participate in this debate forum is all about Trump. The issues doesn't exist without him.

How classic that the decision was released by a woman who changed her name for him.
What the hell are you talking about?

Given that they still haven't got a platform that includes more than "sucking Trump's dick," I can see why they don't want to debate.

If you are a GOP voter, answer this question. Why would you vote for a Republican candidate who is afraid to meet with the American people and answer questions concerning his or her politics?

"yadda, yadda, Trump". You guys just can't give up, can you? :rolleyes:
Who else do you think they are trying to protect from looking like a drug addled clown as in the past???

Who else do you think they are trying to protect from looking like a drug addled clown as in the past???
I have no idea what you're getting at.

Wallace didn’t debate Trump. Wallace tried in vain to rein in Trump’s exceptionally childish behavior.

Trump isn't to blame for Wallace's behavior. Wallace made his own choices.
I imagine the odds of your citing video evidence that Wallace was debating Trump is about as likely as you opening up that safe where you keep your proof of 2020 election fraud and showing us the goods, eh?

I imagine the odds of your citing video evidence that Wallace was debating Trump is about as likely as you opening up that safe where you keep your proof of 2020 election fraud and showing us the goods, eh?
I'll leave looking at videos to you. After all, they are available. I already supported my claim with a news article.

Because they control media narratives so much they no they don't need it.

Why would they need to debate. The R is enough for most of their base. Look at the total jackasses these clown will and have voted for. Nothing they say in a debate would convince them not to vote for the R.

Shouldn't Trump have been able to control himself and follow the rules he agreed to.

Back
Top Bottom