• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good Morning Mister General Petraeus Sir!

I'm not sure if I believe that there was such a gap from the time the AG was informed to when the President was notified. I'm not into the conspiracy thing, don't think it would have mattered at all in the election, just not sure that something as significant as this would have been kept from the Chief Executive.

Really, in the big scheme of things I'm not really sure it all matters that much. The man (Gen P) did this to himself, he should have known better, yes, it was (apparently) just sex, but he was in a very high position of trust and leadership and he compromised himself. For what?

It just goes to show the power of the O.

Here we have a decorated general, who has survived combat, political intrigue, a west point graduate who excelled at most every thing he did, almost.

The director of the cia should have been able to keep this a secret.

:failpail:

I think the general has some questions to answer about the attack on our Embassy in Libya. I also would like some answers as to who is running the country . . . is it Holder? Holder seems to think the POTUS doesn't need to know his head of the CIA is having an affair, thus a potential blackmail candidate. Not to mention the General's judgement.

When did the Justice Dept get the clout to make these decisions? What else has Holder "decided" wasn't the POTUS didn't need to worry himself about?

I think the general has some questions to answer about the attack on our Embassy in Libya. I also would like some answers as to who is running the country . . . is it Holder? Holder seems to think the POTUS doesn't need to know his head of the CIA is having an affair, thus a potential blackmail candidate. Not to mention the General's judgement.

When did the Justice Dept get the clout to make these decisions? What else has Holder "decided" wasn't the POTUS didn't need to worry himself about?

This is why I doubt the timeline. I don't for one minute believe that the AG didn't inform the President when this information came to him. It just doesn't make sense to me. Again, in no way do I believe this would have had any impact on the election. I just don't think this type of info that can be held back.

I think anyone even with a cursory knowledge of history knows that generals, even during war time, were laying pipe all over the place (not all but many). Why this is blowing now is the mystery. Ole Girl who was banging the general, well no, not her but here dad said yesterday something to the effect "The REAL story will come out." That's what's got me wondering...........

I don't think this has a thing to do with Benghazi. However, to avoid the appearance of any wrongdoing, I think Congress should subpeona Petraeus to testify before the committee.

"Mr. President, is has come to our attention that the CIA Director may be having an affair that could possibly have compromised security. We are in the process of a thorough investigation and will keep the Administration apprised."

There's a part of me that thinks that information should have been transmitted. Another part of me thinks that, down the road apiece when the affair was confirmed the Administration should have been notified.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to blindside the POTUS.

All those people in DC knew and the President never heard a peep until 2 days after the election? LOL. I am pretty sure the POTUS would have known before Eric Cantor was told.

Certainly brings new meaning to the term, "embedded with the General."

I don't think this has a thing to do with Benghazi. However, to avoid the appearance of any wrongdoing, I think Congress should subpeona Petraeus to testify before the committee.
Petraeus’s replacement is stepping in for this scheduled meeting, so it is being treated as the schedule was to “meet with the [current] DCI” which seems fine. But the head of the security panel (forget her name at the moment) has indicted their intention to question Petraeus on Benghazi in the near future, which of course they should. Hopefully without requiring a subpoena.

Exactly what were the menacing E-mails to Kelly all about?

My timeline goes like this, after our Benghazi compound(s) have suffered deaths from organized terrorist attack(s) on 9/11...

We (Obama) need a high ranking trusted individual to make that not seem so

Hey isn't Patraeus going to resign soon anyway? Have him spin your version "officially"!

What can we say to not let any FBI folks take the heat too?

Tell the public that is far too dangerous to get them into Benhazi, and that they cleared Patraeus for all but the affair

That will only work until the election, what about after that?

There is no after that, says Obama, I get my 4 more years and so do most of you, Patraeus will take the fall but he keeps his $200K reitrement, hero status and will get many more book deals too.

My timeline goes like this,

Is that before or after the space aliens started to control Obama? BTW, the conspiracy section is in another part of the site here if you want to entertain such ridiculous notions of "your" timeline of the events.

My timeline goes like this, after our Benghazi compound(s) have suffered deaths from organized terrorist attack(s) on 9/11...

Hey isn't Patraeus going to resign soon anyway? Have him spin your version "officially"!

Tell the public that is far too dangerous to get them into Benhazi, and that they cleared Patraeus for all but the affair

There is no after that, says Obama, I get my 4 more years and so do most of you, Patraeus will take the fall but he keeps his $200K reitrement, hero status and will get many more book deals too.

That's more or less what I think also until more details come out.

Is that before or after the space aliens started to control Obama? BTW, the conspiracy section is in another part of the site here if you want to entertain such ridiculous notions of "your" timeline of the events.

We will see, eventually, what the deal was likely to have been, but only months later and with plausable denial as personnel shifts make more "news" than those very old "errors in judgement" will - kind of like fast & fuzzy or Solyndra. After all, the press knew it was BS from 9/12/12 but they had the official version to "report" as fact keeping them "honest". Is it not very, very odd that press were at the Benghazi "mob crime scene" and "investigating" long before the FBI/CIA or state dept. "officials" were?

We will see, eventually, what the deal was likely to have been, but only months later and with plausable denial as personnel shifts make more "news" than those very old "errors in judgement" will - kind of like fast & fuzzy or Solyndra. After all, the press knew it was BS from 9/12/12 but they had the official version to "report" as fact keeping them "honest". Is it not very, very odd that press were at the Benghazi "mob crime scene" and "investigating" long before the FBI/CIA or state dept. "officials" were?

Look, if you want to believe this is some GRAND conspiracy, be my guest. I've heard many the last week from stolen election, to Obama watched the soldiers die on camera, to this. However, I'm going to stay rooted in reality.

I watched some on the left do the same thing with Bush time and time again from Bush being behind 9/11 to Bush was going to be the next Hitler.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the whole conspiracy nonsense. But if some on the right wants to stoop to the level of the Bush conspiracy nutjobs, have at it. I just think the whole thinking this is a grand master plan of conspiracy is a waste of time and takes away the focus of what the real problem was.

Look, if you want to believe this is some GRAND conspiracy, be my guest. I've heard many the last week from stolen election, to Obama watched the soldiers die on camera, to this. However, I'm going to stay rooted in reality.

I watched some on the left do the same thing with Bush time and time again from Bush being behind 9/11 to Bush was going to be the next Hitler.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the whole conspiracy nonsense. But if some on the right wants to stoop to the level of the Bush conspiracy nutjobs, have at it. I just think the whole thinking this is a grand master plan of conspiracy is a waste of time and takes away the focus of what the real problem was.

What was the "real problem"? Was it a gov't official playing sexual games or 4 dead Americans? Shifting the press coverage from one to the other, feeds into the delay, divert and diffuse strategy normally associated with all administartive failures in judgement.

What was the "real problem"? Was it a gov't official playing sexual games or 4 dead Americans? Shifting the press coverage from one to the other, feeds into the delay, divert and diffuse strategy normally associated with all administartive failures in judgement.

The problem is the communication within the government.

The media makes it's money of of sex, scandals, and war. Is it really a suprise the media is focusing on the sex part of this? Sex has sold more than anything. Just look anytime a celebrity has an affair. If you are looking towards the media (and that is ALL media) for some sort of integrity, that train left decades ago.

The media is not in the job to report news, it's in the job to make money. Sex sells.

So you're saying that they fabricated emails that occurred long before the Benghazi attack to take the heat off the Benghazi attack.

So you're saying that they fabricated emails that occurred long before the Benghazi attack to take the heat off the Benghazi attack.

Not at all. I am saying that having Patraeus, already firmly on the exit after re-election path, bolster the official Benghazi story (random act of violence, "caused" by nutty video clips); that conveniently put both issues firmly into the "deal with after re-election" mode. No more, no less.

Not at all. I am saying that having Patraeus, already firmly on the exit after re-election path, bolster the official Benghazi story (random act of violence, "caused" by nutty video clips); that conveniently put both issues firmly into the "deal with after re-election" mode. No more, no less.

Benghazi was only an election issue because the Republicans re-manufactured it into one. Did you notice that a couple of the more damning allegations came from Fox News... with no source? Pardon me, an unnamed, "exclusive" source." And a cable labeled "secret" that we haven't seen.

Now, I'm not saying they fabricated the allegations. Rather, some "source" probably really did say those things, and Fox News was just willing to "report" on any wild rumor as long as it hurt the administration. Doesn't matter if that "source" is some guy who says his cousin's aunt's brother-in-law heard from his barber that Obama ordered the rescue team to stand down while cackling like a supervillain.

The problem is the communication within the government.

The media makes it's money of of sex, scandals, and war. Is it really a suprise the media is focusing on the sex part of this? Sex has sold more than anything. Just look anytime a celebrity has an affair. If you are looking towards the media (and that is ALL media) for some sort of integrity, that train left decades ago.

The media is not in the job to report news, it's in the job to make money. Sex sells.

So what we need is some sort of an Away from Homeland Security agency to coordinate security requests with assigning security personnel? The Benghazi issue seems clear enough to me, security was known to be lax, more security was requested, it was denied (for political reasons) so people died; but that would conflict with we won/are winning the war on terror, the Libyan situation was/is "improving" after their bad leader was deposed (with our help) and Obama has a wonderful foreign policy. USA, USA, USA...

So what we need is some sort of an Away from Homeland Security agency to coordinate security requests with assigning security personnel?

No, we need our government to get their heads out of their asses.

The Benghazi issue seems clear enough to me, security was known to be lax, more security was requested, it was denied (for political reasons) so people died; but that would conflict with we won the war on terror, the Libyan situation was/is "improving" after their bad leader was deposed (with our help) and Obama has a wonderful foreign policy. USA, USA, USA...

It's your OPINION it was denied for political reasons. But of course since you'll believe any conspiracy as long as it is against Obama, it is pointless to try and discuss this situation with you rationally because you'll believe anything against Obama.

But hey, just keep chanting Obama watched them die, Obama watch them die. It's what the right does best, point a finger with 4 pointing right back at them.

Benghazi was only an election issue because the Republicans re-manufactured it into one. Did you notice that a couple of the more damning allegations came from Fox News... with no source? Pardon me, an unnamed, "exclusive" source." And a cable labeled "secret" that we haven't seen.

Now, I'm not saying they fabricated the allegations. Rather, some "source" probably really did say those things, and Fox News was just willing to "report" on any wild rumor as long as it hurt the administration. Doesn't matter if that "source" is some guy who says his cousin's aunt's brother-in-law heard from his barber that Obama ordered the rescue team to stand down while cackling like a supervillain.

Well considering some of the sources by Fox were Libyan and the same ones that CNN and Rueters talked to. Including the President of the TNC. Just how does that work with your theory now?

Sort of like the Romney paid no federal income tax for ten years "fact"? We know that was true, since Romney would not release the (press/demorat) desired tax returns and the "fact" was presented on the Senate floor by a high ranking gov't official.

Back
Top Bottom