• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

Tosca, and all Christians...

You are very blessed. Please pray for my son, he is getting emergency Surgery tonight.........we hope he will have a Miracle and no surgery needed.
Will do. Even though I'm late in responding to this request, God is never late in answering prayers. So, I'll thank Him for answering your prayer, with the trust that He has according to His will.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Amen!

God healed my Father-no surgery with a giant tumor. Pray God will heal my son, no surgery.

My faith is weak right now but God is strong.

thank you and Eternal Blessings, in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ

amen.

I will pray for your son, and for you and your wife.

Whatever happens, Rev........................keep your faith strong.
Accept humbly - come what may.

Remember - we're just passing through in this world.
Home, is with God.

thank you.

just called the nurse, maybe no emergency stroke surgery.

Tosca, you have a beautiful ministry here and are a blessing to many.

it means so much for God to touch people, i am crushed tonight, but they said there seems to be something happening that i can't explain.

my wife and i will be crying and praying all night and all day, until the Miracle comes thru.

he is young and they say they may recover with no surgery. some how we got him to ER in time, i sensed that this was crucial and did not know what was going on.

i know nothing about Strokes, but i know a Great God............i just keep believing to the end.

some day Tosca, we will walk on Gold and get the details........i pray the angels are there all night long. he is talking and responding.

i am very tired, can't type much of any kind of post, but i sensed God would have me get the message out to Prayer Warriors wherever the Spirit does lead.

God does heal, we must, must Persevere in prayer for our loved ones. i.e. Pray without Ceasing.

be blessed......always. thank you.

Will do. Even though I'm late in responding to this request, God is never late in answering prayers. So, I'll thank Him for answering your prayer, with the trust that He has according to His will.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Amen!

thank you Overitall

forgive me for the times i have been short with you; God is dealing with me concerning attitude and bunches of stuff.

just called the nurse and she said something is happening and maybe no surgery

i am Elatedddddddddd, elated

but i am just going to cry all night and day and pray until i see Light. at this stage in my life, all i have is the Spiritual and God is teaching me to pray with tears............Jesus groaned on the mount of Olives

we can do no less for our Loved Ones, we need to pray the doors off of heaven and let the blessings beam thru.

thank you so much.

love you guys............eternally.........all of you.

thank you Overitall

forgive me for the times i have been short with you;
Every day is a new day. I end each by forgiving those who may have done me wrong.
God is dealing with me concerning attitude and bunches of stuff.

just called the nurse and she said something is happening and maybe no surgery

i am Elatedddddddddd, elated
M
but i am just going to cry all night and day and pray until i see Light. at this stage in my life, all i have is the Spiritual and God is teaching me to pray with tears............Jesus groaned on the mount of Olives

we can do no less for our Loved Ones, we need to pray the doors off of heaven and let the blessings beam thru.

thank you so much.

love you guys............eternally.........all of you.
Just a thought. You don't need to beg God; just thank Him.

Matthew 18:19 - 20
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Sometimes it can be challenging to accept simple truths. We like to complicate things by thinking we are unworthy of God's grace. We were, but Jesus took that to the cross also. He made us worthy.

How come they were the chosen people? There are many examples of OT believers being blessed by God for their faithfulness.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are but three examples. You could consider the example of Job as a sterling example of a faithful and obedient child of God who despite his many temptations never succumbed to cursing God.

Job 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:22
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

So despite all your bluster you are the one without a working grasp of the Bible. Unlike you I actually provide biblical examples of my knowledge. Your posts consists mostly of canned responses (nothing of enlightenment) with the occasional ridicule tossed in to mask your lack of knowledge.

Irrelevant!

You said:

God doesn't need to show believers how to behave like sons of God. They've been doing it for centuries before Jesus came.

You don't get to dictate what God needs to do or not.

FACT: Jesus Christ had demonstrated the example of an OBEDIENT Son.

Obedience, is the major component of LOVING GOD with all thy heart, with all thy mind and soul.
If there is no obedience - everything is just lip service.

John 14:31
But I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

Acts 5
29 Peter and the other apostles replied: “We must obey God rather than human beings!
30 The God of our ancestors raised Jesus from the dead—whom you killed by hanging him on a cross.
31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.
32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

Last edited:
Irrelevant!

You said:

You don't get to dictate what God needs to do or not.

FACT: Jesus Christ had demonstrated the example of an OBEDIENT Son.
I'm not disputing that Jesus Christ demonstrated obedience. Why do you think you're making a point with the obvious. What I showed (citing biblical examples) is that OT believers also demonstrated obedience. Examples we can imitate also. In fact the point of God including the OT records were to show what obedience looked like.

You continue to show your biblical ignorance.

I'm not disputing that Jesus Christ demonstrated obedience.

So, what was that all about?
Lol - make up your mind.

Why do you think you're making a point with the obvious. What I showed (citing biblical examples) is that OT believers also demonstrated obedience. Examples we can imitate also. In fact the point of God including the OT records were to show what obedience looked like.

You continue to show your biblical ignorance.

Doesn't matter if they showed obedience.
Christ - GOD - wanted to demonstrate it HIMSELF!
Especially the kind of obedience of a Son to His Father - a relationship which God wants to have with us.

So, what was that all about?
Lol - make up your mind.
There's your display of disrespect. I'm simply trying to show you what the Bible shows regarding obedience.
Doesn't matter if they showed obedience.
Really? You're going to simply dismiss the obedience OT believers showed. Obedience God thought it important enough to have recorded.
Especially the kind of obedience of a Son to His Father - a relationship which God wants to have with us.
Your attempt to sneak in the Trinity by ignoring what the OT shows about obedience. You're being nothing more but intellectually dishonest. It's glaringly obvious.

There's your display of disrespect. I'm simply trying to show you what the Bible shows regarding obedience.

What does it show?
That Adam and Eve disobeyed GOD.

How many times have the Jews disobeyed GOD?
The ink hasn't even dried on the tablets of Commandments given to Moses - and there they were - worshipping idols!

Really? You're going to simply dismiss the obedience OT believers showed. Obedience God thought it important enough to have recorded.

I'm not dismissing anything!
I'm not saying, obedience did not exist!
But so did disobedience - especially from people who should know better.
After all - they had witnessed GOD!
And, they had seen the wrath of GOD.
And, they had experienced the wrath of GOD!

I said, JESUS was showing the required OBEDIENCE of a Son to His Father - especially so when people are going to become ADOPTIVE sons of God, through Him!

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Your attempt to sneak in the Trinity by ignoring what the OT shows about obedience. You're being nothing more but intellectually dishonest. It's glaringly obvious.

I'm not "sneaking" it in.
It simply just..............................shows itself. :)

Good though, that you noticed it.

here it is again:

Galatians 4
4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.
6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.

Romans 8

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.
And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

The Father, The Son, and The Spirit = ONE and The Same.

Last edited:
What does it show?
That Adam and Eve disobeyed GOD.

How many times have the Jews disobeyed GOD?
The ink hasn't even dried on the tablets of Commandments given to Moses - and there they were - worshipping idols!

I'm not dismissing anything!
I'm not saying, obedience did not exist!
But so did disobedience - especially from people who should know better.
After all - they had witnessed GOD!
And, they had seen the wrath of GOD.
And, they had experienced the wrath of GOD!

I said, JESUS was showing the required OBEDIENCE of a Son to His Father - especially so when people are going to become ADOPTIVE sons of God, through Him!

Ephesians 1:5
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

I'm not "sneaking" it in.
It simply just..............................shows itself. :)

Good that you noticed it.
You're still dishonestly dealing with the scriptures. I've documented from the Bible that there are plenty of examples demonstrating obedience proving that Jesus didn't have to show it for the OT believers knew what it looked like. Jesus's purpose wasn't to demonstrate obedience because even if that was the purpose believers continue to show disobedience. No man has risen to the level of Jesus's obedience. No man or woman.

You're still dishonestly dealing with the scriptures. I've documented from the Bible that there are plenty of examples demonstrating obedience proving that Jesus didn't have to show it for the OT believers knew what it looked like. Jesus's purpose wasn't to demonstrate obedience because even if that was the purpose believers continue to show disobedience. No man has risen to the level of Jesus's obedience. No man or woman.

And I'm saying, you're confused.

Jesus has not yet arrived in the Old Testament.
What obedience were shown by OT people, were not demonstrations of the required kind of obedience by the SON to His FATHER.

Jesus was demonstrating it to the adoptive Sons of GOD.
Those who will accept Him as Lord and Savour.

Last edited:

Refer to post #409 again:

Lol - isn't it obvious yet? :)

Everytime you give an argument - it always seems to lead to the TRINITY ............................................ASSERTING ITSELF. 😁

And I'm saying, you're confused.

Jesus has not yet arrived in the Old Testament.
What obedience were shown by OT people, were not demonstrations of the required kind of obedience by the SON to His FATHER.

Jesus was demonstrating it to the adoptive Sons of GOD.
Those who will accept Him as Lord and Savour.
How many NT believers have risen to the level of Jesus's obedience? Both the OT believers and Jesus showed what obedience looks like. You're just handling the Bible dishonestly in order to cling to your belief in the Trinity. It's a desperate attempt.

Refer to post #409 again:

Lol - isn't it obvious yet? :)

Everytime you give an argument - it always seems to lead to the TRINITY ............................................ASSERTING ITSELF. 😁
More disrespect. Why is it a laughing matter to you. I'm not laughing at your beliefs. I fully understand and accept how you arrived at them. While I don't agree with you that's no reason to mock you. Just leave your mocking at the door. It's childish behavior.

How many NT believers have risen to the level of Jesus's obedience?

How many are perfect?

We are an on-going project. "Under Construction," so to speak. :)

Both the OT believers and Jesus showed what obedience looks like.
You're just handling the Bible dishonestly in order to cling to your belief in the Trinity. It's a desperate attempt.

Jesus showed the kind of obedience that is required from the Son to his Father.

Someday - Christians will be perfect - but not on this life.
We are still in a cursed world.

The word translated “mature” in Ephesians 4:13 is the Greek word teleios. It is used throughout the New Testament to mean “perfect,” “complete,” “full-grown,” and “mature.”
What Ephesians 4:13 teaches is that, the more we grow in Christ, the stronger and more unified we will be as a church. The verse does not teach that we will stop sinning.

Another passage that people sometimes get confused about is Colossians 1:28, which says, in some translations, that Paul wants to “present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.”
Also, in Colossians 4:12 Paul prays that we would “stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”
In both verses, the Greek word for perfect should be understood to mean “mature” or “full-grown,” not “having no sin.”

As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world.
No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God.
This holds true for everyone. The apostle Paul rebuked Peter for showing favoritism (Galatians 2:11–13).
Late in his ministry, Paul calls himself the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). Peter, James, John, and Paul all admitted that they were imperfect.
How could you or I claim anything different?

How many are perfect?

We are an on-going project. "Under Construction," so to speak. :)

Jesus showed the kind of obedience that is required from the Son to his Father.
God doesn't expect us to die for Him; He expects us to live for Him. You're confused or just obviously dishonest.
Someday - Christians will be perfect - but not on this life.
We are still in a cursed world.

The word translated “mature” in Ephesians 4:13 is the Greek word teleios. It is used throughout the New Testament to mean “perfect,” “complete,” “full-grown,” and “mature.”
What Ephesians 4:13 teaches is that, the more we grow in Christ, the stronger and more unified we will be as a church. The verse does not teach that we will stop sinning.

Another passage that people sometimes get confused about is Colossians 1:28, which says, in some translations, that Paul wants to “present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.”
Also, in Colossians 4:12 Paul prays that we would “stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.”
In both verses, the Greek word for perfect should be understood to mean “mature” or “full-grown,” not “having no sin.”

As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world.
No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God.
This holds true for everyone. The apostle Paul rebuked Peter for showing favoritism (Galatians 2:11–13).

Late in his ministry, Paul calls himself the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). Peter, James, John, and Paul all admitted that they were imperfect.
How could you or I claim anything different?

Which means nothing if it is all an act, as you believe it is with the trinity...

I
Which means nothing if it is all an act, as you believe it is with the trinity...
It's ironic that most of her posts only prove our points. She's fully invested in the Trinity not to see how.

I

It's ironic that most of her posts only prove our points. She's fully invested blinded in the Trinity not to see how.
There...fixed that for ya... ;)

There...fixed that for ya... ;)
The Trinity surely has a good grip on the minds of Trinitarians. They take the sheer numbers of those that have bought into the goods that Constantine sold as a sign that they are right.

God doesn't expect us to die for Him; He expects us to live for Him. You're confused or just obviously dishonest.

@Daisy

We know that Christians were, and will be hated. They faced, and will face persecution. Some, even death.
Spreading the Gospel could be dangerous for some Christians. Their lives could be at risk.

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

And I do know that martyrs have a special mention in the Book of Revelation.
They are among those who will reign with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20: 4-5
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed.
Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:26
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

The first resurrection takes place in various stages. Jesus Christ Himself (the “first fruits,” 1 Corinthians 15:20), paved the way for the resurrection of all who believe in Him.

There will be the resurrection of “the dead in Christ” at the Lord’s return (1 Thessalonians 4:16) and the resurrection of the martyrs at the end of the tribulation (Revelation 20:4).
The Old Testament saints will also be raised at the end of the tribulation, and they are also part of the first resurrection.

Last edited:
@Daisy

We know that Christians were, and will be hated. They faced, and will face persecution. Some, even death.
Spreading the Gospel could be dangerous for some Christians. Their lives could be at risk.

Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

And I do know that martyrs have a special mention in the Book of Revelation.
They are among those who will reign with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20: 4-5
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed.
Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:26
Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

The first resurrection takes place in various stages. Jesus Christ Himself (the “first fruits,” 1 Corinthians 15:20), paved the way for the resurrection of all who believe in Him.

There will be the resurrection of “the dead in Christ” at the Lord’s return (1 Thessalonians 4:16) and the resurrection of the martyrs at the end of the tribulation (Revelation 20:4).
The Old Testament saints will also be raised at the end of the tribulation, and they are also part of the first resurrection.

What has any of this have to do with the subject under consideration? Are you intentionally trying to muddy the waters to compensate for your confusion?

What has any of this have to do with the subject under consideration? Are you intentionally trying to muddy the waters to compensate for your confusion?
How else can she explain something she can't explain? lol...

81cdce28d0c94597ac25df52c0211151.jpg

How else can she explain something she can't explain? lol...

81cdce28d0c94597ac25df52c0211151.jpg
She must think it was relative. Or else she hopes to confuse us in order to avoid discussing honestly the Bible. My points raised were clear and simple. God provided plenty of OT examples of what obedience looks like. She dismissed them as being irrelevant.

@Daisy

Both of you should try to understand what I'm saying.
Just because you two seem to have problems with comprehension - it doesn't mean that what I said is irrelevant.
You two, are the ones with a problem.

Lol - if you can't follow the dots - perhaps this kind of Biblical discussion is above you.

It's only reasonable to ask - if the two of you have a problem following such a simple response, and you couldn't even tell that it's directly addressing your statement -
how can you even make us take you seriously when you claim to have read and understood the Bible?

I'm responding to your post, and it has everything to do with what you said:

Overitall

Let's try again.

If you and Daisy hadn't noticed - you brought up.............................. MARTYRDOM.
OPEN YOUR EYES! READ WHAT YOU SAID AGAIN!

He might not expect us to die for Him, however - He also warned us of the dangers of preaching the Gospel.
And had given us an important reassurance (line 28), should we find ourselves in such situations.

That was stated when He sent out His 12 apostles.

Matthew 10

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues.
18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles.
19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say,
20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.
22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master.
25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!

26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.
27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Indeed, many Christians have been martyred. Even today, as we speak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom