• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

I see the spammer has arrived.

nope, it's a message for you. try to understand or ask her what the meaning is.

this is a Cartoon about the prodigal son, if it is you and you are searching for answers, then here they are....

c prodigal son2.gif

I doubt anyone cares.

we don't know.

some forums list posts vs views; the Ratios of people posting vs merely those who merely view is quite lopsided.

on a Photography forum i just checked, it is mostly viewers .... 584 posts vs 39217 views.

in reality i am not just talking to You, and i emphasize that to people because some think this is a Private conversation.........meh, far from it.

if 39,000 people view this post, there is a chance that 1 and only 1 will care. sure i pray for the Forum, but God doesn't force anyone to believe.

the Cartoon is just for added interest; some can't understand even Basic Theology. at the fair i started discussing basic theology with a minister and he told me frankly that he had no clue what i was talking about.

and i am talking about Arminian theology.

his assistant came up to me last nite and told me he looked up the terms we were discussing........wow, i was shocked.

so Gordy, it's best to keep stuff brief and 'sound bites'.......unless they wanna throw some heavier material our way.

Edit, you would be surprised the ratio of people who skip reading our comments here and read these little Cartoons instead. most may not read even my sound bite, but this little Cartoon below is a bit easier on the mind to grasp....

c tract passing.gif

This thread is meant for verses and philosophical reasons on why JEsus and GOD are One and the Same.
It is also about the TRINITY.

Okay folks, let's get back on topic.

As I was saying.............................the Bible seems to keep on giving biblical evidence for the Trinity.
Some of the ones I gave, have been inspired by arguments given by anti-Trinitarians in other threads, the latest being
#260 and 261.

And post #374 on this thread.

Last edited:
I'm simply amazed at the "irony"................... that arguments against the Trinity would lead to..............................evidence FOR it!

The Bible is speaking.

This thread is meant for verses and philosophical reasons on why JEsus and GOD are One and the Same.
It is also about the TRINITY.

Tosca, you are on the right track. but let me throw in a Cartoon or two to help out a little.

c Trinity 1.gif

c Trinity 2.gif

there you go Tosca, easy peasy....and i have more. how many boat loads of Evidence did you say we needed?

blessings.

Okay folks, let's get back on topic.

As I was saying.............................the Bible seems to keep on giving biblical evidence for the Trinity.
Some of the ones I gave, have been inspired by arguments given by anti-Trinitarians in other threads, the latest being
#260 and 261.

And post #374 on this thread.

If Jesus and GOD are One and the Same..................................... so is GOD, and the Holy Spirit.
Same principle.

2 Cor 3

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

John 8

Dispute Over Who Jesus Is

21 Once more Jesus said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”

22 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?”

23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that
I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied.
26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father.
28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.
29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”
30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

Let's not forget that Jesus is THE WORD of God.

"..............I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."

Line 28 ties up with this:

Isaiah 55

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is
my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but
will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

These are the lines that really struck me about JOHN 8:

John 8

24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”
“Who are you?” they asked.
27 They did not understand that
he was telling them about his Father.

28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

That claim by Jesus, is tied up with this:

John 10:33
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy,
because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Because of post #385 - we need to re-visit JOHN 10.

John 10

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.
2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.
5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them.
9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.
13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—
15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.
18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided.
20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”

Jesus and GOD has been sharing Titles.
And we know that............................ GOD will not share HIS glory with anyone!

Psalm 100:3
Know that the Lord Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Ezekiel 34:31
“As for you, My sheep, the sheep of My pasture, you are men, and
I am your God,” declares the Lord God.

Genesis 48:15
He blessed Joseph, and said,
“The God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked,
The God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day,

Psalm 23:1
A Psalm of David.
The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.

Psalm 95:7
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.
Today, if you would hear His voice,

Last edited:
John 10

GOD, laid down His life (in the person of Jesus, The Word), for His sheep.
That's how much GOD loves His sheep.

That's how God can rightfully say.................HE LOVES US SO, THAT HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR US.

The Son and The Father - are ONE and The SAME.

Thank you to @Daisy for this:

Philippians 2

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

There you go, another evidence for JESUS and GOD being One and The Same.

John 8

Dispute Over Who Jesus Is

21 Once more Jesus said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”

22 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?”

23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that
I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied.
26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father.
29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”
30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

Let's not forget that Jesus is THE WORD of God.

"..............I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."
If Jesus is God, why does God have to teach Jesus anything? Shouldn't he already know?
Line 28 ties up with this:

Isaiah 55

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is
my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but
will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

John 10

GOD, laid down His life (in the person of Jesus, The Word), for His sheep.
That's how much GOD loves His sheep.

That's how God can rightfully say.................HE LOVES US SO, THAT HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO DIE FOR US.

The Son and The Father - are ONE and The SAME.

thank you Tosca.

for God so loved the world is what i teach children AND adults for that matter.

another thing i teach is the song 'Jesus loves me this i know, for the Bible tells me so'.

does the 'Bible tell me so, concerning Jesus'; let's take a Look....

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

the Jews recognized Jesus as claiming to be God and wanted to stone him, consider that the Bible records that as fact.

be blessed everybody, i think this ONE verse solves the issue. Tosca has a whole thread on this, if you wanna know more.

:)

thank you Tosca.

another thing i teach is the song 'Jesus loves me this i know, for the Bible tells me so'.

does the 'Bible tell me so, concerning Jesus'; let's take a Look....

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

the Jews recognized Jesus as claiming to be God and wanted to stone him, consider that the Bible records that as fact.

be blessed everybody, i think this ONE verse solves the issue. Tosca has a whole thread on this, if you wanna know more.

:)
Why is it that Jesus said in the same context: "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" The translators forgot to fix this verse to fit their Trinitarian doctrine.

Why is it that Jesus said in the same context: "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?" The translators forgot to fix this verse to fit their Trinitarian doctrine.

@Revelation

Because.........you're not getting it, Overitall.

That GOD had a purpose He wanted to fulfill - the prophecy of the Messiah.
AND, to show an example to mankind how being an OBEDIENT SON is like to His Father!

There are times when Jesus speaks as GOD, and times when He speaks as the Son.

Your argument is on the same line as your others, like:
"Why did Jesus pray to God?"
"If Jesus is God, why does God have to teach Jesus anything? Shouldn't he already know?"

They're all answered the same.

If Jesus is God, why does God have to teach Jesus anything? Shouldn't he already know?

@Revelation

Not if Jesus is showing us ..........................................how it is part of being the good Son, to follow the teachings of His Father.

Aren't we supposed to follow the teachings of GOD?
It all has to do with the lesson being given to us on O B E D I E N C E.

Matthew 7:21

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

That line is tied up with this:

Matthew 17
5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.
Listen to him!

Post #392

Last edited:
84653361d92851624097c1b81fde916c.jpg

@Revelation

Because.........you're not getting it, Overitall.

That GOD had a purpose He wanted to fulfill - the prophecy of the Messiah.
AND, to show an example to mankind how being an OBEDIENT SON is like to His Father!

There are times when Jesus speaks as GOD, and times when He speaks as the Son.

Your argument is on the same line as your others, like:
"Why did Jesus pray to God?"
"If Jesus is God, why does God have to teach Jesus anything? Shouldn't he already know?"

They're all answered the same.
That really explains absolutely nothing. God doesn't need to show believers how to behave like sons of God. They've been doing it for centuries before Jesus came. Howbeit, as adopted children since Jesus brought the new birth with his resurrection, whereby believers now are born again of holy spirit.

@Overitall

No.

Because, God wants us to accept and ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS as His Son (His Word who came to die for us), as the MESSIAH.
Accepting and acknowledging JESUS as LORD and Saviour.............is what would be the "door" we'll have to go through in order to reach GOD.

It is a directive we have to obey.

Just as Abraham never questioned God when he was told to sacrifice Isaac - whether it makes sense to us or not........................... is irrelevant!

We simply obey.

@Overitall
No.
Because, God wants us to accept and ACKNOWLEDGE JESUS as His Son (His Word who came to die for us), as the MESSIAH.
Accepting and acknowledging JESUS as LORD and Saviour.............is what would be the "door" we'll have to go through in order to reach GOD.

It is a directive we have to obey.

Just as Abraham never questioned God when he was told to sacrifice Isaac - whether it makes sense to us or not........................... is irrelevant!

We simply obey.

Tosca, and all Christians...

You are very blessed. Please pray for my son, he is getting emergency Surgery tonight.........we hope he will have a Miracle and no surgery needed.

God healed my Father-no surgery with a giant tumor. Pray God will heal my son, no surgery.

My faith is weak right now but God is strong.

thank you and Eternal Blessings, in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ

amen.

That really explains absolutely nothing. God doesn't need to show believers how to behave like sons of God. They've been doing it for centuries before Jesus came.

@Daisy

Oh?

How come Jews were punished so many times?
Why were they called "stiff-necked" people?

You don't grasp the Bible, Overitall.

Jesus Christ had demonstrated what it means by OBEDIENCE to the Father.

Tosca, and all Christians...

You are very blessed. Please pray for my son, he is getting emergency Surgery tonight.........we hope he will have a Miracle and no surgery needed.

God healed my Father-no surgery with a giant tumor. Pray God will heal my son, no surgery.

My faith is weak right now but God is strong.

thank you and Eternal Blessings, in the mighty name of our Lord Jesus Christ

amen.

I will pray for your son, and for you and your wife.

Whatever happens, Rev........................keep your faith strong.
Accept humbly - come what may.

Remember - we're just passing through in this world.
Home, is with God.

@Daisy

Oh?

How come Jews were punished so many times?
How come they were the chosen people? There are many examples of OT believers being blessed by God for their faithfulness.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are but three examples. You could consider the example of Job as a sterling example of a faithful and obedient child of God who despite his many temptations never succumbed to cursing God.

Job 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
Job 1:22
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

So despite all your bluster you are the one without a working grasp of the Bible. Unlike you I actually provide biblical examples of my knowledge. Your posts consists mostly of canned responses (nothing of enlightenment) with the occasional ridicule tossed in to mask your lack of knowledge.
Why were they called "stiff-necked" people?

You don't grasp the Bible, Overitall.

Jesus Christ had demonstrated what it means by OBEDIENCE to the Father.

Back
Top Bottom