• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goat NBA

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
LeBron isn't even close. Barely Top Ten.

The East is so weak that any number of 90's teams would DESTROY LeBron.

LeBron isn't even close. Barely Top Ten.

The East is so weak that any number of 90's teams would DESTROY LeBron.

Haters gotta hate.

Let me guess. You're a Magic Johnson fan?

Haters gotta hate.

Let me guess. You're a Magic Johnson fan?

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Shaq
Thomas
Olajuwan (sp?)
Kobe

All easily better.

The number of teams that would beat the **** outta LeBrons Cavs is staggering.

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Shaq
Thomas
Olajuwan (sp?)
Kobe

All easily better.

I don't know, LeBron looks to be on a mission this year. Is he THE Goat, mmm no. Is he one of the Goats, yes. He is in the same league as Magic and Jordan. Jordan is still THE Goat.

I don't know, LeBron looks to be on a mission this year. Is he THE Goat, mmm no. Is he one of the Goats, yes. He is in the same league as Magic and Jordan. Jordan is still THE Goat.

He is a good player... GOAT? He has a long way to go.

He is a good player... GOAT? He has a long way to go.

Lebron if I remember correctly has the stats to be a GOAT now. He is definitely no chump. You have to admit is a pretty good ball player and should be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan Magic Bird and Kobi.

The Goat?

Here's the original Goat!

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Shaq
Thomas
Olajuwan (sp?)
Kobe

All easily better.

LeBron is the only reason Cavs aren't the Browns.

Boston and LA were playoff teams with or without Bird and Magic. Bulls made playoffs both years MJ played baseball. Cavs were a lottery pick each year James played for the Heat.

/thread

There is Jordan...and then there is everyone else.

After Jordan its hard to really pin down the next best. Kobe...Magic...Bird...Russell. Lots of others.

There is Jordan...and then there is everyone else.

After Jordan its hard to really pin down the next best. Kobe...Magic...Bird...Russell. Lots of others.

IMO, Jordan carried the league; LeBron just carries Cleveland. That's a huge difference.

So, I guess I agree with you.

LeBron is the only reason Cavs aren't the Browns.

Boston and LA were playoff teams with or without Bird and Magic. Bulls made playoffs both years MJ played baseball. Cavs were a lottery pick each year James played for the Heat.

/thread

The East is so weak now that it is a joke. No team there would make the playoffs in the 90's and LeBron would get destroyed by the better teams of that era... don't even touch the 80's... that would be like LeBron taking on Thanos.

The East is so weak now that it is a joke. No team there would make the playoffs in the 90's and LeBron would get destroyed by the better teams of that era... don't even touch the 80's... that would be like LeBron taking on Thanos.

lol...

It is no laughing matter...

The Cavs that ate up Toronto can beat both the rockets and dubs. That was obvious. It's a mental game. So much depends on how they gel from here on out.

I'd say that LeBron at least deserves a slot in the top 5, but the kids these days who are calling him the GOAT have a myopic view of history. Understandable since a lot of them have never seen Michael Jordan in a Bulls uniform.

Magic
Bird
Jordan
Shaq
Thomas
Olajuwan (sp?)
Kobe

All easily better.

That list is a disgrace.

Wilt Chamberlain average over 50 ppg in a season. 50!!!!

BA Leaders
Rank Player PPG Season
1. Wilt Chamberlain* 50.36 1961-62
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 44.83 1962-63
3. Wilt Chamberlain* 38.39 1960-61
4. Wilt Chamberlain* 37.60 1959-60
5. Michael Jordan* 37.09

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_season.html

I guess we know who the true goat is.

The Cavs that ate up Toronto can beat both the rockets and dubs. That was obvious. It's a mental game. So much depends on how they gel from here on out.

Toronto is nothing compared to the 80's and 90's teams...

The 94 Knicks would destroy the Cavs and they were not even the best of those two decades.

That list is a disgrace.

Wilt Chamberlain average over 50 ppg in a season. 50!!!!

BA Leaders
Rank Player PPG Season
1. Wilt Chamberlain* 50.36 1961-62
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 44.83 1962-63
3. Wilt Chamberlain* 38.39 1960-61
4. Wilt Chamberlain* 37.60 1959-60
5. Michael Jordan* 37.09

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_season.html

I guess we know who the true goat is.

Wilt is an over rated punk.

Shak. Hakeem. The Admiral. Ewing. Kareem. M. Malone. All these guys would have DESTROYED the womanizing sexist ****head.

Lol what is it with you American sports fan and goat debates.

Toronto is nothing compared to the 80's and 90's teams...

The 94 Knicks would destroy the Cavs and they were not even the best of those two decades.

No they wouldn't. Small ball would destroy the Oak Tree and Ewing. Cavs would rain down uncontested threes all day.

No they wouldn't. Small ball would destroy the Oak Tree and Ewing. Cavs would rain down uncontested threes all day.

Exactly right. These modern teams are stronger, faster, and shoot the lights out. LeBron spaces the floor and brings a level of athleticism like no player of his size ever has.

hard to compare eras

grew up watching Russell, Cousy, West, Havlicek

game changed and Magic and Bird forever changed it again

and then we had the era of big men....Olajuwon, Ewing, and so many others

then along came Dominique Wilkins and the dunk explosion

and then Jordan came on the scene...and the bar was raised even higher....his WILL to win was extroidinary

the athletes has gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and can shoot from 35-40 feet now

i watch the games and they bomb from EVERYWHERE....

big men are almost obsolete....

where do i rank Lebron?

top 10 for sure...probably top 5...

Jordan
Russell
Magic
Jabbar

That is my Mt Rushmore....does Lebron knock someone out is the question

hard to compare eras

grew up watching Russell, Cousy, West, Havlicek

game changed and Magic and Bird forever changed it again

and then we had the era of big men....Olajuwon, Ewing, and so many others

then along came Dominique Wilkins and the dunk explosion

and then Jordan came on the scene...and the bar was raised even higher....his WILL to win was extroidinary

the athletes has gotten bigger, faster, stronger, and can shoot from 35-40 feet now

i watch the games and they bomb from EVERYWHERE....

big men are almost obsolete....

where do i rank Lebron?

top 10 for sure...probably top 5...

Jordan
Russell
Magic
Jabbar

That is my Mt Rushmore....does Lebron knock someone out is the question

Odd. You have two centers in your top 5 yet dont have the best center. Odd. lo l

Back
Top Bottom