• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Glenn Beck Totally Loses It: Buy Farmland & Guns

Personally I don't think for a minute that Beck believes the **** he shovels. Like most of these pundits he's just saying whatever he thinks he needs to say to boost his ad revenue and book sales. Which makes it that much more depressing that people actually take them seriously.

You do know that he is paying a ton of money with his program to tell the truth right? He isn't getting personal gain.

Great. I'll put my money in education and productivity, and you hole up in a compound. We'll see who comes out on top.

Query: what do you expect to do with 38 guns that you can't do with one?

comes out on top? are we racing?... i gotta warn ya though.. i'm nearing the finish line here.
i've had 3 successful careers,24 years as a Marine, a college education, 2 very successful business ventures, 5 children, a smoking hot wife, more friends than i can count, 6 scooters and a big ass truck.. and lots of land and guns....

I expect to admire my antique firearms, and I expect to shoot the rest, as i've done for over 50 years.
this may come as a surprise, but different firearms are used for different things.

You do know that he is paying a ton of money with his program to tell the truth right? He isn't getting personal gain.

oh really :lamo
Glenn Beck becomes $100 million man | Media Life Magazine

comes out on top? are we racing?... i gotta warn ya though.. i'm nearing the finish line here.
i've had 3 successful careers,24 years as a Marine, a college education, 2 very successful business ventures, 5 children, a smoking hot wife, more friends than i can count, 6 scooters and a big ass truck.. and lots of land and guns....

I expect to admire my antique firearms, and I expect to shoot the rest, as i've done for over 50 years.
this may come as a surprise, but different firearms are used for different things.

are you implying guns arent used only for murdering babies and congresswomen?

What possible context would makes Beck's claims become any more freakish?

His claims? What he said was perfectly sane, but the progressives like you always freak out about him. Why? Because you know he is right, you know it.

His claims? What he said was perfectly sane, but the progressives like you always freak out about him. Why? Because you know he is right, you know it.

See you do accept his freakish views. I knew you could be tricked into being honest for once.

I think it is hilarious that you won't say who you listen to....Usual progressive, all bravado, no balls.

Oh man, I'll show you, you internet tough guy. I will tell you who I listen to. After this short commercial break.

Thanks for dodging, it makes you look childish.

Dodging the fact that you think Beck made sense in that video?

BWHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This is as easy as selling fake gold coins to a tea party Beck listener.

Dodging the fact that you think Beck made sense in that video?

BWHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

This is as easy as selling fake gold coins to a tea party Beck listener.

How about you tell how Beck is wrong rather than acting irrational?

His own. :roll:

no, i mean where is your source that he is spending his own money to tell 'the truth', because all my sources are saying he's getting paid millions to 'tell the truth'.

How about you tell how Beck is wrong rather than acting irrational?

Already did. Typically you didn't bother to read the thread before you dove in and made a fool of yourself.

no, i mean where is your source that he is spending his own money to tell 'the truth', because all my sources are saying he's getting paid millions to 'tell the truth'.

That is funny! :mrgreen:

Watch his network, he pays all the checks.

That is funny! :mrgreen:

Watch his network, he pays all the checks.

i think you're missing the concept of ad revenue. please provide a source that shows he pays more in than he gets out. because everything i'm seeing says he netted over 40,000,000 just last year alone.

i think you're missing the concept of ad revenue. please provide a source that shows he pays more in than he gets out. because everything i'm seeing says he netted over 40,000,000 just last year alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he doesn't run ads. So he can't get ad revenue.

As others have said- that is very sound advise- if late in the game on farmland.
Beck does occasionally get one right.

Some Very smart Hedge Fund managers have been saying the same for years.
Jim Rogers for 10 or more, Kyle Bass for 5.

As others have said- that is very sound advise- if late in the game on farmland.
Beck does occasionally get one right.

Some Very smart Hedge Fund managers have been saying the same for years.
Jim Rogers for 10 or more, Kyle Bass for 5.

Oppurtunity costs. If you buy farmland as oppose to bluechip stocks, you're likely to make less money, if history is any guide.

Close but:
https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/articles/duffy/DuffyJuly12.html

DuffyJuly12fig1.gif

DuffyJuly12fig2_3.gif

DuffyJuly12fig4.gif

The figures for stocks read better on the 1980-2010 Graph because stocks were dead money from 1966 to 1981; then resumed growing in 1981.
Stocks have again been dead money the last dozen years.
Third world growth/Chindia favors food producers.

Certainly leaseable farmland beats gold as an inflation hedge.
Stocks generally Are good long term inflation hedge and I suppose are more liquid.

Last edited:
Stocks generally Are good long term inflation hedge and I suppose are more liquid.
You need to be careful with land as if you have difficulty finding someone to lease you get stuck holding the property tax bill. Depending on jurisdiction that can be sizable.

Close but:
https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/articles/duffy/DuffyJuly12.html

DuffyJuly12fig1.gif

DuffyJuly12fig2_3.gif

DuffyJuly12fig4.gif

The figures for stocks read better on the 1980-2010 Graph because stocks were dead money from 1966 to 1981; then resumed growing in 1981.
Stocks have again been dead money the last dozen years.
Third world growth/Chindia favors food producers.

Certainly leaseable farmland beats gold as an inflation hedge.

So you picked graphs of the winning farmland. What about the losing farmland? You never know beforehand, that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom