• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Given what is/has happened to American under Trumpism...

If you were young, would you migrate out of the USA to a more enlightened country?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Given how the USA is being taken back to the dark ages by the rise of Trumpism, if you were a young adult ready to start a life, would you look to leave for a more enlightened country?
Do you want your kids and grand kids brought up like it was 1880?
Guns on subway cars, gays hunted and beaten, every bar fight ending in a shootout, housewives kept in their place...
We all know the Trumpian template.

I would stay here, raise my children right, and work toward reversing Trumpism (pretty much what I do now). Trumpism needs to be defeated, not ignored and fled from. This is our country and I'll be damned if these Maga terrorists can have it.

Once you left you would realize what a major mistake you made.

Only Clueless people who have taken every advantage from living in the United States have decided that they don't get their way so we will leave. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

People in the US have their weird idea that Europe or something is somehow shielded from the same social forces that have shaped the US. As if Le Pen wasn't the runner up in the French election (she's even further right than Trump) or as if the UK didn't go through with Brexit and has notorious anti-trans laws.

Yes, they tend to have much better civic policies (education, public transportation, healthcare) but they have many of the same problems we face. A rising far right, increasing anti-immigrant sentiment, corporate lobbying, etc.

Last edited:
Oh, yes!

But the problem is that there are few desirable countries left in 2022.

Maybe only Japan, Norway, Finland, and Iceland.

Imagine the terror of living in a nation where developing human life is not viewed as cancer or a punishment, and where every citizen’s right (regardless of race, sex, or sexual orientation) to defend themselves with a firearm is protected. How horrific.

Only Clueless people who have taken every advantage from living in the United States have decided that they don't get their way so we will leave. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
The US is so great that even the people who complain about it constantly won’t leave.

Given what is/has happened to American under Trumpism...If you were young, would you migrate out of the USA to a more enlightened country?

Nope, not at all

America is resilient

everyday NORMAL Americans right and left reject trumpism

while he was the worst president of my lifetime, the most dishonest and divisive the uprising of the nutters is caused by them losing their ground and privilege for so long.

this is there last stance, they see their days are numbered. Their anti- freedom, rights, and equality ways are coming to an end and so is their ability to be so bigoted and hateful without it being called out for the vile behavior it is.

that doesn't mean they wont have victories in some of the battles but in the end they will lose
I have faith in that because I have faith in progression and good over evil in this particular case🤷‍♂️

maybe I'm wrong but I hope not

Personally I think it has more to do with social media slowly destroying our society than Donald Trump and since that's not going away any time soon and is worldwide.

I would say to stay here in one of the best countries in the world, just live my best life away from all the real life drama, and raise my kid the same.

I feel like I am picking up on a trend, not supported by data admittedly, that a lot of first and second generation Asian Americans are emigrating to their ancestral homelands. At least, I've lost count of the number I personally know have left. The motivations seem to be a combination of paralysis in America combined with the fact that many of their homelands now boast a standard of living well above the United States. Put differently, they all still believe in the American Dream, it's just that they can achieve that same dream more successfully somewhere else in the world now.

I've no doubt MAGA / Trumpism is a contributing factor, but to be fair far-left crap like some of the "math is racist" kerfuffles we've seen in recent years also are a factor.

I'm sure the MAGA folks have no issue with this; after all, we know that they want all the non-white people gone, more or less, so this is a win in their eyes. But personally I think it's a loss - a lot of the people I've known who've left are the medical professors who train our doctors, the engineers who design our chips and robots, the researchers who develop better solutions to ailments, and they're increasingly of the opinion that they can make more progress elsewhere. I think that's a shame.

I said the same thing about Rush Limbaugh 12 years ago. ;)

What? I thought y’all believed we were poised to elect Beto.

You thought wrong.

I am sure if you look around long enough, you're find someone addled enough to believe that's going to happen, I suppose.

I feel like I am picking up on a trend, not supported by data admittedly, that a lot of first and second generation Asian Americans are emigrating to their ancestral homelands. At least, I've lost count of the number I personally know have left. The motivations seem to be a combination of paralysis in America combined with the fact that many of their homelands now boast a standard of living well above the United States. Put differently, they all still believe in the American Dream, it's just that they can achieve that same dream more successfully somewhere else in the world now.

I've no doubt MAGA / Trumpism is a contributing factor, but to be fair far-left crap like some of the "math is racist" kerfuffles we've seen in recent years also are a factor.

I'm sure the MAGA folks have no issue with this; after all, we know that they want all the non-white people gone, more or less, so this is a win in their eyes. But personally I think it's a loss - a lot of the people I've known who've left are the medical professors who train our doctors, the engineers who design our chips and robots, the researchers who develop better solutions to ailments, and they're increasingly of the opinion that they can make more progress elsewhere. I think that's a shame.
Good post.

I would just prefer that Texas go blue.

Not going to happen. Texans for the most part get off on authoritarian bullshit.

So they can leave and set up their own little theocracy. Which will be owned lock, stock, and barrel by the cartels by Wednesday of the following week.

Not going to happen. Texans for the most part get off on authoritarian bullshit.

So they can leave and set up their own little theocracy. Which will be owned lock, stock, and barrel by the cartels by Wednesday of the following week.
Why not?

2030?

Mid the Second week Christ returns, but not at the White Horse.

I could have had Florida and Texas and McConnell's Seat.

People in the US have their weird idea that Europe or something is somehow shielded from the same social forces that have shaped the US. As if Le Pen wasn't the runner up in the French election (she's even further right than Trump) or as if the UK didn't go through with Brexit and has notorious anti-trans laws.

Yes, they tend to have much better civic policies (education, public transportation, healthcare) but they have many of the same problems we face. A rising far right, increasing anti-immigrant sentiment, corporate lobbying, etc.
One point that I feel you are missing though would be the loss of what we already have. Would you want to stay in your home if suddenly you were denied the right to use part of it? The ruling minority has 'taken' much from me (the belief that immigrants are important, votes are sacrosanct, history is history, and that my daughters have the right to determine when they have children) and as such leaving America today means much less to me than leaving America in 2020.

One point that I feel you are missing though would be the loss of what we already have. Would you want to stay in your home if suddenly you were denied the right to use part of it? The ruling minority has 'taken' much from me (the belief that immigrants are important, votes are sacrosanct, history is history, and that my daughters have the right to determine when they have children) and as such leaving America today means much less to me than leaving America in 2020.
I don't disagree with any of that. My only point is that many European countries are facing similar far right populist movements that, if they gain any power, will strip all the same rights and more than we have seen walked back in the US.

Back
Top Bottom