• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Zimmerman punched in face for bragging about killing Trayvon Martin [W:153]

why is this news?

why is this guy still getting his 10 minutes of fame?

Well...unless he is in Idaho, eating in a diner off I-90 somewhere between Deer Lodge and Wall City, he should be prepared for just such a response. I'm surprised he didn't shoot the man.
Of course he didn't shoot the man. He was White. Zimmerman gets his jollies from shooting unarmed Black children.

American,how do you call a guy a POS and punk when he was walking home minding his own business? I just want to know the basis of your opinion concerning Trayvon's character that justified Z shooting him.

Because he stopped and waited for Zimmerman all so he could attack him. :shrug:

Nope. There is no solid evidence on who confronted whom, but there was testimony that he was heard on the phone saying, "Why are you following me for?", indicating that he was not the aggressor.

That, in an of itself, is a confrontation. Later when Zimmerman wasn't on the phone, he ended up pinned to the ground by Martin. That's not someone NOT looking for trouble. For the record, I think they were both looking for trouble and both made idiotic choices.

There's no evidence he 'went after trouble'.

Perhaps if you were actually familiar with the details of the case, you'd have known that.

I was in the middle of the debate here from the start. I'm familiar with it, you weren't even here.

He wasn't minding his own business. He came after Zimmerman. Look, I'm not going to retry this case with you. Your viewpoint lost in court, get over it.

Yet more laughable dishonesty and unfamiliarity with the details of the case.

There is zero evidence that he 'came after' Zimmerman or who initiated any violence.

It's good to know what you're talking about before actually talking.

Nothing that was mentioned in the article spoke towards Zimmerman being the aggressor. Basically Zimmerman said a few words and the other guy lost his temper and punched him. Care to tell me how Zimmerman was at fault for the situation? I'll be waiting...

Zimmerman wasn't the aggressor. That doesn't mean I should feel bad for him.

Of course he didn't shoot the man. He was White. Zimmerman gets his jollies from shooting unarmed Black children.

A teenager that was attacking him. It's funny how you use the unarmed bit like somehow you can't attack someone without a weapon.

I was in the middle of the debate here from the start. I'm familiar with it, you weren't even here.

The debate here is irrelevant to the facts of the case that you've misrepresented. My presence in the discussions here isn't germaine to the facts of the case.

Yet more laughable dishonesty and unfamiliarity with the details of the case.

There is zero evidence that he 'came after' Zimmerman or who initiated any violence.

It's good to know what you're talking about before actually talking.

Of course there is evidence of that. Trayvon had no injuries whatsoever except the gunshot wound. Zimmerman had injuries that supported his story that he was pinned to the ground by Trayvon and was being assaulted. No fight injuries on Trayvon -- several on Zimmerman. That can only mean that Trayvon was the one who initiated violence.

The debate here is irrelevant to the facts of the case that you've misrepresented. My presence in the discussions here isn't germaine to the facts of the case.

I'm misrepresenting nothing. Your side lost the case in court. Now run along.

That, in an of itself, is a confrontation.

Asking someone why they're following them isn't a confrontation.
Later when Zimmerman wasn't on the phone, he ended up pinned to the ground by Martin. That's not someone NOT looking for trouble. For the record, I think they were both looking for trouble and both made idiotic choices.

Again: there is no evidence as to who initiated violence or what may have occurred before Zimmerman was pinned down.

Indeed, you are. You aren't familiar with the facts of the case, and you're braying about something that isn't in evidence, regardless of who won in court. IOW, projecting your own fantasies over the reality of the facts.

Glad I could clear up your distortions.

No, no need to thank me.

Asking someone why they're following them isn't a confrontation.

Of course it is. You are confronting the person following you. It's literally the meaning of the word "confrontation". :)

Again: there is no evidence as to who initiated violence or what may have occurred before Zimmerman was pinned down.

Yes, there is. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman assaulted Trayvon. There is lots of evidence that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

Of course there is evidence of that. Trayvon had no injuries whatsoever except the gunshot wound. Zimmerman had injuries that supported his story that he was pinned to the ground by Trayvon and was being assaulted. No fight injuries on Trayvon -- several on Zimmerman. That can only mean that Trayvon was the one who initiated violence.

That is not evidence of who initiated violence, only that violence occurred. Zimmerman could have swung and missed or several other possibilities, but the point is it isn't known. Being pinned to the ground is irrelevant to how it actually started.

Who won or lost has nothing to do with the fact that you've dishonestly misrepresented the facts in evidence.

Eh. I expect nothing less from you.

That is not evidence of who initiated violence, only that violence occurred. Zimmerman could have swung and missed or several other possibilities, but the point is it isn't known. Being pinned to the ground is irrelevant to how it actually started.

The court records and testimony.

Same here. The facts aren't "an alien could've come down and taken the first swing". You cannot say "Zimmerman could've swung and missed" as being a fact. The facts are that Trayvon had ZERO fight injuries and Zimmerman had several. The facts are that the closest witness said that Zimmerman was pinned to the ground the entire time and was yelling for help. Juries must hear the actual facts - not make up scenarios that MIGHT have happened for which they have no evidence. The jury made the right decision.

And Zimmerman is still a massive tool.

Of course it is. You are confronting the person following you. It's literally the meaning of the word "confrontation". :)

No, you're asking them. You can pretend it's a confrontation, but that won't make it so. To say nothing of the fact that in the sequence of events, contact was lost between them after he asked and had to be reinitiated by one of the parties later, and we don't know who that was.
Yes, there is. There is zero evidence that Zimmerman assaulted Trayvon. There is lots of evidence that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

There is absolutely zero evidence, whatsoever, about who initiated any violence. None. Go ahead and cite the where in the court records there is. I'll wait.

There's no evidence he 'went after trouble'.

Perhaps if you were actually familiar with the details of the case, you'd have known that.

Does it have to be explained to you again?

How many times has it been explained to you what happened that night?

Same here. The facts aren't "an alien could've come down and taken the first swing".

No one is claiming anything about an alien. Spare me the nonsense, please.
You cannot say "Zimmerman could've swung and missed" as being a fact.

I didn't. Perhaps you noticed that I used the could 'could' and not 'did.
The facts are that Trayvon had ZERO fight injuries and Zimmerman had several. The facts are that the closest witness said that Zimmerman was pinned to the ground the entire time and was yelling for help. Juries must hear the actual facts - not make up scenarios that MIGHT have happened for which they have no evidence. The jury made the right decision.

Nothing indicates who started it, only the stage in the fight people saw when they happened to look.
And Zimmerman is still a massive tool.

On that we agree.

Back
Top Bottom