• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Zimmerman punched in face for bragging about killing Trayvon Martin [W:153]

Re: George Zimmerman punched in face for bragging about killing Trayvon Martin [W:153

You're some piece of work here, and just gotta' have the last (erroneous) word ...

I don't know why you're talking to Excon. I'd rather converse with a brick wall.

Re: George Zimmerman punched in face for bragging about killing Trayvon Martin [W:153

I don't know why you're talking to Excon. I'd rather converse with a brick wall.
1. This thread is not about me.
This repeated behavior of yours, even though it being pointed out as wrong, is astonishing. (Don't worry. I am keeping a list to report en masse.)
2. Stop baiting.

You're some piece of work here, and just gotta' have the last (erroneous) word ...
There was nothing erroneous about it.

Zimmerman's lawyers have expressed their concern about PTSD even before they quit him.

I'm not defending him, but it could be a reality.

Even besides the shooting, the trial, and the jail time, the fact of the matter is that basically our entire society hates the guy, and his life is in shambles. I can certainly see how that might screw with someone's state of mind.

Honestly... Zimmerman might be better off immigrating to a different country at this point. He's clearly not going to get a fair shake here.

Last edited:

Sure, but the similarities are there.

Zimmerman admired tattoos, introduced himself, was confronted, was hit, and the police were called.

You left off "bragged about killing Treyvon Martin" in between "introduced himself" and "was confronted". That's according to Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer and Mr. Worrell.

You left off "bragged about killing Treyvon Martin" in between "introduced himself" and "was confronted". That's according to Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer and Mr. Worrell.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, no.

I other words, you are wrong. That is not what the provided information says.
Only one person said that, Mrs. Whitmer.
Which is why it would not be included among the similarities of accounts which was being pointed out.

Especially as it says she wrote his as well. iLOL

The police report found in the OP's link and previously provided.

Reading that, it appears as though he was attacked because 1. He is a nigger lover and 2. because of that, was told to leave but didn't.

WTF? I am trying to wrap my head around this.

Zimmerman wasn't welcome there because he was a "nigger lover"? Wut?
Wow!
People's views on Zimmerman certainly are diverse.

zimmerman_5599215_ver1.0.jpg

And a guy pulling out is ID to confirm who he is, is done as confirmation, not bragging.
Duh!

Last edited:

Gawd!

Explaining who you are and why you did it is not bragging.

It is when you provide your explanation unsolicited as a way to identifying yourself. Both Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer stated they had no idea who George Zimmerman was until he identified himself as "the man who killed Treyvon Martin". Moreover, per their statements he offered that identifying information of his own accord. Nobody asked him about it. He just offered it during his introduction.

It's like a Navy Seal comes up to you in a bar and says, "Hi, my name is (blank), I'm the Navy Seal that killed Bin Laden." Did anyone ask? No, but you felt in necessary to share that information with the person you've introduced yourself to as a way to bring attention to yourself. No matter how you try to brush it off as cavalier conversation, it's still bragging.

This guy punched the same guy in the face and didn't get a bullet to his heart. Why didn't Zimmerman shot this thug and punk?

Maybe he left his gun in the glove box of his car. Oh, wait...he sold that one at auction and bragged about how he used it, too.

It's not in the OP article. It's in the police report that accompanied it.
Yeah, found it.

Thanks.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, no.

I other words, you are wrong. That is not what the provided information says.

On the contrary. That IS what Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer said, along with Mr. Worrell. Twice now you've posted a copy of the police report in this thread. Read it!

Joseph Whitmer said Zimmerman walked up and said. "I love your tattoos. My name is George Zimmerman, you know that guy who killed Trayvon Martin."

Beverly Whitmer said "a male approached" who she didn't know until he identified himself as George Zimmerman and proceeded to brag that "I'm the guy who killed Trayvon Martin" and then pulled out his ID to confirm his identity.

David Worrell didn't believe Zimmerman was who he said he was until he presented his ID. Mr. Worrell went on to state that after he left the restaurant with his friends, the only issue he had with Zimmerman was "when he came to his table and proceeded to brag about how he killed Trayvon Martin".

Three witnesses all saying the same thing: George Zimmerman was bragging about killing Trayvon Martin and it's right there in black and white.

Even besides the shooting, the trial, and the jail time, the fact of the matter is that basically our entire society hates the guy, and his life is in shambles. I can certainly see how that might screw with someone's state of mind.

Honestly... Zimmerman might be better off immigrating to a different country at this point. He's clearly not going to get a fair shake here.

Good point, thought it seems to be that Zimmerman is in a state of denial about how people perceive him. He seems to think that because he got off on a murder rap he can do whatever he wants now.

It's not in the OP article. It's in the police report that accompanied it.
Oy Vey! Talk about not paying attention.

It is when you provide your explanation unsolicited as a way to identifying yourself. Both Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer stated they had no idea who George Zimmerman was until he identified himself as "the man who killed Treyvon Martin". Moreover, per their statements he offered that identifying information of his own accord. Nobody asked him about it. He just offered it during his introduction.
First of all, I was pointing out the similarities of a report where the witness statements varied in detail.
This is the whole issue between us. Not any other tangent.

Secondly. Stop with the "both of their statements".
She wrote his.

And no.
Only one person said he pulled out his ID to brag. That is dissimilar from the other reports.

According to Zimmerman, Mr. Worrell ask him if he was that guy to which he responded "yes", it was then Mr. Whitmer who was in disbelief and asked him to prove it. Therefore he pulled out his ID to verify. Not to brag.

David Worrell - The male stated he was George Zimmerman at which point Mr. Worrell said "No". Mr. Worrell stated Mr. Zimmerman pulled out his identification and Mr. Worrell asked him to leave the table.

Both those accounts indicate that it was not being done as a way to brag, but to verify who he was.
As both those accounts are from opposite sides of the issue, their similarity would suggest that is what is more likely to have happened than the unsupported unsolicited versions that were actually only written by one person.

It's like a Navy Seal ...
No. That is not what has been indicated.
I understand that you like the accounts Mrs. Whitmer wrote for herself and her husband, but Mr. Worrell account is similar to Zimmerman's in that Zimmerman was responding to disbelief.
The fact that they are similar but from opposite sides of the coin would suggest that he was responding to the disbelief by producing his ID as those two accounts would indicate and more likely to be correct than the unsolicited abbreviated version which you like.

On the contrary. That IS what Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer said, along with Mr. Worrell. Twice now you've posted a copy of the police report in this thread. Read it!
You need to read it.
You were already accurately corrected.
You quoted a post of me pointing out the similarities in dissimilar reports.
You falsely asserted that I left bragging out of these similarities when no such similarities exist.

Besides her writing both accounts, they both never said that. Only she did.
You were wrong. You should have just admitted that and moved on.

This is what you claimed.

That is not the account by Mr. & Mrs. Whitmer which is what you were corrected on.
That is your spin on her words. She did not say that in either of the accounts she wrote (hers and her husbands).
And none of those accounts are like Mr. Worrell's.

Joseph Whitmer said Zimmerman walked up and said. "I love your tattoos. My name is George Zimmerman, you know that guy who killed Trayvon Martin."
Apparently it skipped your mind that I was pointing out the similarities in the reports.
No. He did not say that. His wife wrote that.
Their friend Mr, Worrell, contradicts that account. Do you really not understand that?

The accounts are not similar on this which is why it was not included, as that reply was solely about the similarities in the accounts, not the dissimilarities.

Beverly Whitmer said "a male approached" who she didn't know until he identified himself as George Zimmerman and proceeded to brag that "I'm the guy who killed Trayvon Martin" and then pulled out his ID to confirm his identity.
No. That is your spin on what you read. Not what the report says.
The report says she said he pulled out his ID to brag. Nothing more. Not bragging about killing Trayvon as the other account states.

Three witnesses all saying the same thing: George Zimmerman was bragging about killing Trayvon Martin and it's right there in black and white.
No. Because we only have two accounts where brag/bragging was used and in dissimilar fashion. Wallet = brag, vs killing = bragging.
No. Because you are substituting your opinion for what was said and saying they are the same when they are not.
No Because the issue I pointed out, besides her writing both accounts, was Mr. and Mrs. Whitmer both did not say he bragged, only she did and that was about taking out his wallet.

David Worrell didn't believe Zimmerman was who he said he was until he presented his ID. Mr. Worrell went on to state that after he left the restaurant with his friends, the only issue he had with Zimmerman was "when he came to his table and proceeded to brag about how he killed Trayvon Martin".
Mr Worrel related a different version of how Zimmerman came to show his ID and was similar to Zimmerman's account. As related, it would not have been for bragging purposes.
Zimmerman was asked "Are you that guy?" Confirming that is not bragging.
His later saying Zimmerman was bragging about killing? Answering their questions about the incident is not bragging. Though some idiots do interpret things that way.
His saying he was bragging is dissimilar in form and substance from the other account.

So again, bragging did not belong in the similarities pointed out.

With that all said.
Not that it ****en matters one bit if he was actually bragging.
You still do not lay your hands on a person because you do not like what they say. Period.
If anybody supports such, they are a sick individual.

And Martin being a punk doesn't make Zimmerman a saint either.

He didn't have to be a saint, just not guilty of murder. No proof, no conviction. Martins lawyers also lied and painted a false picture of his character; proven by the photos he posted on social media. He was a punk and a thug.

Travon WAS minding his own buisness and Zimmerman was stalking him. The ONLY reason that Zimmerman was acquitted is over the stand your ground law. We've seen time after time, including the OP of this thread, what kind of person George Zimmerman actually is so he was that same loser then as he is now. He got off on a technicality, and now that same technicality is comin right back to bit'em in the ass like an alligator and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

What technicality?

Excon,

I'm not going to do a hatchet job on your posts which tends to be your MO. I'll just clarify a few things for yourself and the readers.

In your post #212, you attempted to point out similarities between 4 out of 5 statements taken by police concerning this latest incident involving George Zimmerman. (We exclude Zimmerman's testimony for obvious reasons.) In my post #229, I pointed out to you that you conveniently left out the part where 3 of the 4 witnesses stated Zimmerman was bragging about having killed Trayvon Martin. You then challenged me on this (post #230) claiming that I was wrong whereby in post #235 I pulled accounts from the police report you twice posted to this thread where the three witnesses did in fact say Zimmerman was bragging.

As to your "pay attention" retort, I did. I was responding to Chomsky who had responded to you where he didn't see anything in the OP article that explained why "Eddie" punched Zimmerman. To that, I let him know the justification given was in the police report, not in the OP article. The article gives the impression that it was over Zimmerman bragging about having killed Trayvon Martin, but that's not why he got hit. Now, to that you are correct. Eddie punched Zimmerman because he didn't leave the Gator Riverside Grill when he was told.

As to the rest of your colorful remarks, I'll ignore them because it's you simply trying to prove yourself right and save face when it's clear that you're clearly wrong in this case. Moreover, it doesn't matter the order of events, i.e., when Zimmerman pulled out his ID or when he mentioned he'd killed Trayvon during his exchange of dialog with the Whitmers and Mr. Worrell. Fact is, he was bragging, at least one person saw it that way, and you failed to mention that little "similarity" in your post #212. Nevertheless, people can read the aforementioned posts in conjunction with the police report and judge for themselves.

Last edited:

Excon,

I'm not going to do a hatchet job on your posts which tends to be your MO.
Butcher?
It is appropriate in debate to break it down individual comments and refute them.
It is the only way to get to the specifics and the truth.

In your post #212, you attempted to point out similarities between 4 out of 5 statements taken by police concerning this latest incident involving George Zimmerman. (We exclude Zimmerman's testimony for obvious reasons.)
1. I didn't attempt. I did.
2. No we do not exclude Zimmerman's account. Doing that would be absurd.
Again the similarities were - "Zimmerman admired tattoos, introduced himself, was confronted, was hit, and the police were called."

In my post #229, I pointed out to you that you conveniently left out the part where 3 of the 4 witnesses stated Zimmerman was bragging about having killed Trayvon Martin.
No, you did not say conveniently as you do now.
And no I did not leave out anything relevant, and what you have asserted is wrong. Three people did not say he was bragging.

You then challenged me on this (post #230) claiming that I was wrong whereby in post #235 I pulled accounts from the police report you twice posted to this thread where the three witnesses did in fact say Zimmerman was bragging.
And you were wrong. Three witnesses did not in fact say Zimmerman was bragging.
One witness said he was bragging about killing Trayvon.
One witness said he bragged by identifying himself.
The third did not say he bragged at all.

Those two accounts are dissimilar in form and substance. Her's being an account which the evidence shows to be unlikely, as the evidence shows he ID to verify who he was, not to brag as she absurdly claimed.

And no, you do not get to substitute your opinion of what was said as bragging for multiple reasons.
1. He does not say he bragged.
2, He did not write it.
3. You do not get to interpret it as bragging because that takes pure speculation.
4. Two similar accounts, one from each side, makes it more likely than not that the action of identifying himself was to verify who he was, not to brag. (This also discounts her interpretation of the action.)

So you are really only left with one account.
The account of a person who initially flked when the police were called, is the one who knocked Zimmerman's friend's phone out of his hand, and who is the friend of the person who called Zimmerman a "nigger lover". Go figure. Yeah, that is a great witness alright.

As to your "pay attention" retort, I did. I was responding to Chomsky who had responded to you where he didn't see anything in the OP article that explained why "Eddie" punched Zimmerman. To that, I let him know the justification given was in the police report, not in the OP article.
And thereby proving you were not paying attention, not only did you not see I had informed him, but that he, in the second sentence after that question, indicating that he got where it came from. And you think you are paying attention. Sheeesh.

... because it's you simply trying to prove yourself right and save face when it's clear that you're clearly wrong in this case.
Hilarious.
No, iLOL, that is what you are trying to do, but you can't because you were shown to be wrong.

He didn't have to be a saint, just not guilty of murder. No proof, no conviction. Martins lawyers also lied and painted a false picture of his character; proven by the photos he posted on social media. He was a punk and a thug.

Yep, lawyers lied. That's the first time that ever happened.:lamo

Not criminally culpable, but he still went out and played cop, put himself in a dangerous situation.

Yep, lawyers lied. That's the first time that ever happened.:lamo

Not criminally culpable, but he still went out and played cop, put himself in a dangerous situation.

If you want justice why don't you do something about it?

Good point, thought it seems to be that Zimmerman is in a state of denial about how people perceive him. He seems to think that because he got off on a murder rap he can do whatever he wants now.

Possibly. Though... It might also be the case that he's been bombarded with negative messages about himself to such an absurd extent that he's begun to internalize them, and possibly even try to flip them around as a defense mechanism. Trying to "own it," in other words - Tyrion Lannister style.

I'd also be curious to know if there was any alcohol involved in this incident. I could absolutely understand someone like Zimmerman getting a bit chatty about this subject while tipsy, given what a major influence it's been in his life. It'd be a bit like that recently divorced and/or dumped guy at the bar who just won't shut up about it.

i.e.

"Yeah... I'm that guy, but listen bro! Listen! It wasn't my fault because... (Blah, blah, blah)

*cue some other drunk bro-tard overhearing the conversation and deciding that it seems like a good idea to barge in and punch Zimmerman in the head*

Last edited:

I don't know why anybody believes Zimmerman. I heard his 911 call on the radio. He said the guys were threatening to kill him, and they called him a n--gger lover. None of the witnesses agree with Zimmerman's account. The owner of the restaurant says Zimmerman wasn't even punched, and he has banned Zimmerman from the restaurant.

I don't know how anybody can believe Zimmerman's account of the night Trayvon died anymore. Ever since he was acquitted, he has been getting into trouble and routinely distorts the facts of the situation. He did it with his wife Shelly, he did it with girlfriend in the domestic violence situation, etc. Zimmerman's pattern is to call the police, play victim, and say he feels threatened or misunderstood.

I think the media was as equally irresponsible in mistranslating his 911 calls to make him sound racist, as they were in garnering public support and empathy for him. Too many people felt sorry for this guy, and opened their wallet for him. A lot of people I knew who did it, are better than this POS Zimmerman, and they did it because right wing media acted like he was a martyr facing down a public mob.

If you want justice why don't you do something about it?

There was nothing to be done. Being stupid isn't a crime. I just find the canonization of a man who seems to be a few cards short of a deck tiresome.

There was nothing to be done. Being stupid isn't a crime. I just find the canonization of a man who seems to be a few cards short of a deck tiresome.

I find you and your conjecture tiresome. Have a nice day.

I don't know why anybody believes Zimmerman.
Because there is absolutely no reason not to.

We do not have all the available information yet, once we do there may be reason not to believe his account, but that is unlikely given his propensity to be straight forward with the truth.

But your current analysis just leaves so much out as to make it absurd.

Of note: Those who are the ones acting wrongly don't usually call the police.

I heard his 911 call on the radio. He said the guys were threatening to kill him, and they called him a n--gger lover.
And? You don't think that is possible?

A biker surely wouldn't call someone a "nigger lover" or threaten to kill them right? Not.

None of the witnesses agree with Zimmerman's account.
1. No. They do not have to be exactly the same to agree with his account.
2. Hilarious. Those are summations by the Officer of their accounts. An Officer who reviewed all the information and thought it was prudent to charge the biker.

That speaks to what happened.

And none of those accounts say Zimmerman violated any law or was the one in the wrong here.

The owner of the restaurant says Zimmerman wasn't even punched, and he has banned Zimmerman from the restaurant.
And yet paramedics responded because Zimmerman was bleeding and witnesses said he was.
So it is doubtful that the Manager saw all of what happened, especially as the Officer did not included a summation of his account in the reason for charging this "Eddie" character.

As for him banning Zimmerman? It is irrelevant to what occurred. But it could be a sign that he is biased, or it could be a sign that he doesn't want to upset the majority of his clientele, which may be people just like that biker.

But as for this manger.
His account wasn't provided in the summations, so we will have to see if he also has a sworn statement.
But this is also what he was reported as saying.

Restaurant owner Ed Winters offers yet another account of what happened. He says Zimmerman approached the tattooed man to insult the tattoo, prompting one of his friends to get rough with Zimmerman. According to Winters, the men argued and shoved each other, but no punches were thrown.

Did George Zimmerman Really Get Punched Last Weekend?
That isn't the only place this was reported.

Wut? Zimmerman insulted his tattoo?
Or as the Mrs. Worrell said he called it, a "racist tattoo".
Gee, that would kind of go along with "Eddie" calling him a "nigger lover" now wouldn't it?. Doh! iLOL

Which is of course different from all the other accounts (that we know of).

So how about we wait until all the official information is in before casting judgement?

The rest of what you said has to be addressed in another thread because you did not pay attention to posts #153 and post #200.

Back
Top Bottom