• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Game over, drug warriors

Telling you to "man up" is not that big an "insult". Sorry, didnt realize you were so sensitive.

Were you raped by a pothead or something? I can't figure out what other reason you could have to insult random strangers manhood and jobs for doing something that has absolutely zero effect whatsoever on your life.

You choose not to use medicine for your condition because you think it makes you "hardcore like a real man", but that's just ridiculous. You have some maturing to do.

Iam consistant. Pot heads are pot heads and all the medical use excuses combined still mean one thing. They would still be pot heads.

And drunks are drunks, too.

Pot heads are much more pleasant to be around.

Were you raped by a pothead or something? I can't figure out what other reason you could have to insult random strangers manhood and jobs for doing something that has absolutely zero effect whatsoever on your life.

You choose not to use medicine for your condition because you think it makes you "hardcore like a real man", but that's just ridiculous. You have some maturing to do.
I said, if you can read, I take what my doctors prescribe. Not skulk around looking for a fix.
And how do you know what has zero effect on my life?
Kid that broke into my home. Pot head.
Guy that stole my car. Pot head.
Pot heads I grew up with, still losers that are on the government dime.

I said, if you can read, I take what my doctors prescribe. Not skulk around looking for a fix.
And how do you know what has zero effect on my life?
Kid that broke into my home. Pot head.
Guy that stole my car. Pot head.
Pot heads I grew up with, still losers that are on the government dime.

Bahahaha, potheads keep committing violent actions against you. That's hilarious. You're probably thinking of crackheads.

Bahahaha, potheads keep committing violent actions against you. That's hilarious. You're probably thinking of crackheads.

Are you suggesting potheads don't commit crimes?

Are you suggesting potheads don't commit crimes?

No, I'm saying they usually don't. If they're high regularly, the only thing they're a danger to is a bag of cheetos and a few XBOX games.

I'm just calling him out on his BS that he's been constantly harassed by potsmokers. More than likely it's rocks they're smoking.

No, I'm saying they usually don't. If they're high regularly, the only thing they're a danger to is a bag of cheetos and a few XBOX games.

I'm just calling him out on his BS that he's been constantly harassed by potsmokers. More than likely it's rocks they're smoking.

I disagree. I think there is a high prevalence of potheads and criminal acts. What would I know though? I have only witnesses crimes committed by people who were high and holding. One prevalent one here is driving while high.

The fact is that you are going with a stereotype. High people only do 2 things...sit and eat. It is up to the particular person what they do... Be it munchies...or steal stuff. Or drive to Taco Bell.

Nope, had them both looked into. I knew everything possible about both of them.

Nope, had them both looked into. I knew everything possible about both of them.

I disagree. I think there is a high prevalence of potheads and criminal acts. What would I know though? I have only witnesses crimes committed by people who were high and holding. One prevalent one here is driving while high.

The fact is that you are going with a stereotype. High people only do 2 things...sit and eat. It is up to the particular person what they do... Be it munchies...or steal stuff. Or drive to Taco Bell.

Then they were terrible people who also smoked. You can not prove any correlation between marijuana and committing violent crime, as making someone violent or overly adventurous aren't side effects of the drug.

You two oppose it for very different reasons. You oppose it because that was the society you grew up in. I don't blame you for being brainwashed, but legalization is going to happen, and we're all going to be a lot better off for it. Locking someone in a cage for owning a plant is childish and frankly overreaches the government's mandate.

Or are you two big government statist types who believe the government should have an intimate role in all of our personal lives?

Then they were terrible people who also smoked. You can not prove any correlation between marijuana and committing violent crime, as making someone violent or overly adventurous aren't side effects of the drug.

You two oppose it for very different reasons. You oppose it because that was the society you grew up in. I don't blame you for being brainwashed, but legalization is going to happen, and we're all going to be a lot better off for it. Locking someone in a cage for owning a plant is childish and frankly overreaches the government's mandate.

Or are you two big government statist types who believe the government should have an intimate role in all of our personal lives?
Brainwashed, Hahahahahahaha.You need government to legalize it. I couldnt care one way or the other. Because I am not a user.

He's probably thinking of drunks. Or some youngster on powerful psychoactive drugs for his ADHD?

Nothing was said of violent crime. There is a pretty high rate of driving while high in this country. That is a major crime, and equally as dangerous as intoxicated driving. Anyway.

http://m.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/working_papers/2004/RAND_WR125.pdf

Yea just scroll through that lovely document. It certainly find a link. 60% of those arrested in the UK, US, and Australia test positive for MJ. I would call that a link.

So my society is to blame? You mean the society that discourages one to do anything to excess? Or the one that encourages manners? Or the one that respects laws? Or the one that doesn't support crime by purchasing things criminals sell?

I like how you call me "brainwashed" when you only want it legalized so you can "calm your nerves." Whatever that means? I don't oppose medicinal use. I do oppose recreational use. And I want a significant medical study done...in the United States...on long term effects....before I decide to listen to a stoner on how "there are no side effects, and Dave isn't here man."

Are you for legalization of meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, and so on? On the grounds of "government interference?" Right? Nice appeal to emotion.

Ps:

You never did answer my question. Do you think it should be legal to smoke your pot anywhere?

Nothing was said of violent crime. There is a pretty high rate of driving while high in this country. That is a major crime, and equally as dangerous as intoxicated driving. Anyway.

Yea just scroll through that lovely document. It certainly find a link. 60% of those arrested in the UK, US, and Australia test positive for MJ. I would call that a link.

So my society is to blame? You mean the society that discourages one to do anything to excess? Or the one that encourages manners? Or the one that respects laws? Or the one that doesn't support crime by purchasing things criminals sell?

I like how you call me "brainwashed" when you only want it legalized so you can "calm your nerves." Whatever that means? I don't oppose medicinal use. I do oppose recreational use. And I want a significant medical study done...in the United States...on long term effects....before I decide to listen to a stoner on how "there are no side effects, and Dave isn't here man."

Are you for legalization of meth, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, and so on? On the grounds of "government interference?" Right? Nice appeal to emotion.

Ps:

You never did answer my question. Do you think it should be legal to smoke your pot anywhere?

First, marijuana isn't legal in the UK, so that kind of proves my point anyway. People will smoke regardless.

I think all drugs should be legal, as it's not the government's job to tell someone what they do in the privacy of their own homes. I guess you're one of the faux small government types that whines and cries when someone tries to take your gun or jesus away, but like using the state to invade people's houses and control what they do with their own bodies.

If heroine were legal right now, do you think we would all go out and shoot up? Paint and dustoff are legal and a very large majority of people don't huff it. Should those things be illegal too?

Luckily your ignorant generation is dying off, and the resistance to gay marriage and marijuana legalization with you. You're only small government when it comes to the things you like, while you piss on the liberty of others.

Last edited:

Ps:

And as far as the calming my nerves comment, I guess you're the poster boy whose never drank a drop of alcohol or touched tobacco a day in his life, huh?

If not, you're a ****ing hypocrite who likes his own substances but wants to put people in jail for theirs. Or would you like to take a look at the violence:alcohol vs the violence:pot ratios? How many people drive drunk a year? Where are your scathing comments for alcohol consumption because of that? Alcohol is far more poisonous to our society.

Last edited:
First, marijuana isn't legal in the UK, so that kind of proves my point anyway. People will smoke regardless.

I think all drugs should be legal, as it's not the government's job to tell someone what they do in the privacy of their own homes. I guess you're one of the faux small government types that whines and cries when someone tries to take your gun or jesus away, but like using the state to invade people's houses and control what they do with their own bodies.

If heroine were legal right now, do you think we would all go out and shoot up? Paint and dustoff are legal and a very large majority of people don't huff it. Should those things be illegal too?

Luckily your ignorant generation is dying off, and the resistance to gay marriage and marijuana legalization with you. You're only small government when it comes to the things you like, while you piss on the liberty of others.

1) You would legalize heroin. Enough said. Never mind that it is highly addictive, but also it has a high overdose prevalence. So users would automatically become a BURDEN to the state. Something I do not want. That has nothing to do with "small government vs big government." It has to do with logic.

2) Just because I hate the government...doesn't mean I don't see them as serving a function. One such function is law enforcement and preventing crime. One such method would be to deal with addicts who would do anything to score...regardless if their product is legal or not. Heroin...unlike alcohol or tobacco...causes instant addiction. And other drug cause violence and other side effects that would make someone a nuisance to the public.

3) So speaking of function. Products like pain are not purchased to get high. They have a primary function that is constructive in nature.

4) actually my "ignorant generation" isn't dying. I am 24. Nice stereotype.

And as far as the calming my nerves comment, I guess you're the poster boy whose never drank a drop of alcohol or touched tobacco a day in his life, huh?

If not, you're a ****ing hypocrite who likes his own substances but wants to put people in jail for theirs. Or would you like to take a look at the violence:alcohol vs the violence:pot ratios? How many people drive drunk a year? Where are your scathing comments for alcohol consumption because of that? Alcohol is far more poisonous to our society.

5) I will never use tobacco in my life. It is a nasty product filled with carcinogens, causes cancer, and it also is likely to cause me cancer if I use it.

I have had alcohol. But I don't drink to "calm my nerves." I use things like exercise, reading, and you know...other mature methods to control my stress. I believe in moderation.

6) At what point did I ever make a claim about alcohol and drinking and driving not being a problem? I was almost killed by a drunk driver. I think it should be legal to smother someone who uses a mind altering substance and drives.

7) What you didn't address though was the point I made about 60% of the arrests. Is it because you aren't willing to admit that someone who does not care about the law when it comes to weed, is likely not going to care about the law in other terms?

See I am not condemning pot use per say. I am condemning breaking the law, and of course anyone who abuses any substance because they refuse to cope with their problems like an adult.

Sometimes I wish it was all legal too, that way the dregs of our society will die off faster.

Legalization of Cannabis is a certainty in my opinion. It's just a question of when, and how.
Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use
f9nyco05-um-ww_mfbuo9q.gif

This is an invite for drug warriors to argue it isn't a certainty.

The 2013 Gallup poll has just been released:

gv32bf6ay0gwmjp1rv5otq.png

For First Time, Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana

It won't stop James Hill from getting stoned and crying loudly that legalization is upon us!

'Course that will only occur during regular library hours.....

Go pray to your fake God. You know of course you will go to hell for being a self righteous hypocrite as quick as being a liar. Get off your moral high horse cowboy. Why do you hate me so bad you hypocrite?

Can't wait to see the long term side effects. Also I wonder what the age limit will be. We certainly can't control alcohol...

Americans have been smoking pot in large numbers since the mid 60's. Do you really thing that if there was bad side effects we would know them by now? Pot can make you lazy but then so can beer.

Sometimes I wish it was all legal too, that way the dregs of our society will die off faster.

Booze and cigarettes have killed plenty my friend but dregs will exist if drugs where legal or not.

1) You would legalize heroin. Enough said. Never mind that it is highly addictive, but also it has a high overdose prevalence. So users would automatically become a BURDEN to the state. Something I do not want. That has nothing to do with "small government vs big government." It has to do with logic.

2) Just because I hate the government...doesn't mean I don't see them as serving a function. One such function is law enforcement and preventing crime. One such method would be to deal with addicts who would do anything to score...regardless if their product is legal or not. Heroin...unlike alcohol or tobacco...causes instant addiction. And other drug cause violence and other side effects that would make someone a nuisance to the public.

3) So speaking of function. Products like pain are not purchased to get high. They have a primary function that is constructive in nature.

4) actually my "ignorant generation" isn't dying. I am 24. Nice stereotype.

5) I will never use tobacco in my life. It is a nasty product filled with carcinogens, causes cancer, and it also is likely to cause me cancer if I use it.

I have had alcohol. But I don't drink to "calm my nerves." I use things like exercise, reading, and you know...other mature methods to control my stress. I believe in moderation.

6) At what point did I ever make a claim about alcohol and drinking and driving not being a problem? I was almost killed by a drunk driver. I think it should be legal to smother someone who uses a mind altering substance and drives.

7) What you didn't address though was the point I made about 60% of the arrests. Is it because you aren't willing to admit that someone who does not care about the law when it comes to weed, is likely not going to care about the law in other terms?

See I am not condemning pot use per say. I am condemning breaking the law, and of course anyone who abuses any substance because they refuse to cope with their problems like an adult.

The reason people die from herion is the fact it is illegal and people do not know how strong it is. Opiates do not pose any worse health threat that booze.

Back
Top Bottom