• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Game over, drug warriors

Eh, I think he had his own problems to begin with, and pot can exasperate existing mental health issues. Absolutely, I think the age limit should be 21 so we agree there. I've seen studies indicating pot is equally or slightly more physically addictive than caffeine. You should check the chart I posted earlier. You're somewhat right about regulation, but foolish to think because regulation isn't 100% effective, illegality is the answer when that fails even more miserably.

Meh. Not really. ADHD maybe. But I don't recall him ever being anything but a hard worker till he started smoking pot.

But yea. In terms of addiction...people can get mentally addicted to things.

And in terms of legality and "control" I don't really know. I know that pot isn't controlled well now. But if it is regulated anywhere near how alcohol is regulated, then "age limits" are a hilarious joke.

Meh. Not really. ADHD maybe. But I don't recall him ever being anything but a hard worker till he started smoking pot.

But yea. In terms of addiction...people can get mentally addicted to things.

And in terms of legality and "control" I don't really know. I know that pot isn't controlled well now. But if it is regulated anywhere near how alcohol is regulated, then "age limits" are a hilarious joke.

That's right, and I am mentally addicted to hamburgers from Texas Roadhouse. I hope you are not thinking mental addiction is even remotely a valid reason for prohibition. Exactly, pot isn't controlled at all now. With regulation you have a small amount of control. More control than prohibition. This issue reminds me a lot of gun rights. Is it right to punish responsible people because your friend had difficulties dealing with smoking? It's certainly not right to punish responsible gun owners because some waste of flesh decides to shoot up an elementary school.

I might have to start throwing in a couple lies every few paragraphs; the truth is just too scary for them.
I aint scared of anything. You want to be a pot head? Knock yourself out. Just dont come looking for a job where I work.
Funny thing is every pot head I went to school with still is working garbage go no where dead end jobs.

I aint scared of anything. You want to be a pot head? Knock yourself out. Just dont come looking for a job where I work.
Funny thing is every pot head I went to school with still is working garbage go no where dead end jobs.

Sounds like you don't know many people. I smoke every night to calm my nerves and I have a nice job and am a productive member of society.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject instead of making up stereotypes.

Sounds like you don't know many people. I smoke every night to calm my nerves and I have a nice job and am a productive member of society.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the subject instead of making up stereotypes.

It's interesting how most drug warriors rely almost exclusively on stereotypes and myths to make their argument.

That's right, and I am mentally addicted to hamburgers from Texas Roadhouse. I hope you are not thinking mental addiction is even remotely a valid reason for prohibition. Exactly, pot isn't controlled at all now. With regulation you have a small amount of control. More control than prohibition. This issue reminds me a lot of gun rights. Is it right to punish responsible people because your friend had difficulties dealing with smoking? It's certainly not right to punish responsible gun owners because some waste of flesh decides to shoot up an elementary school.

No. I'm not. But I am suggesting that it is something that WILL be abused despite its "lack of side effects." Hence my curiosity to a study of long term side effects that is of a medical grade.

I don't like to invite the comparison of guns and drugs. While I agree gun "regulation" is a joke...it has a system that could certainly allow for near banishment...if that were the desire of the government and the people. Marijuana can be grown almost anywhere. I am mainly harping on the point that a "straight up legalization" will not be regulated. I say this to point out that it should be done in a staged process. Of course the way our government and the FDA is...you better haves super weed to win the price game that will result. I will never vote for straight legalization of weed unless it is subjected to licenses and sales via establishments with licenses to dispense said product.

Not to mention you must consider things like where in the hell will people smoke it? Is it allowed on the street corner? If it is regulated out of the gate...I wouldn't be opposed per say.

No. I'm not. But I am suggesting that it is something that WILL be abused despite its "lack of side effects." Hence my curiosity to a study of long term side effects that is of a medical grade.

I don't like to invite the comparison of guns and drugs. While I agree gun "regulation" is a joke...it has a system that could certainly allow for near banishment...if that were the desire of the government and the people. Marijuana can be grown almost anywhere. I am mainly harping on the point that a "straight up legalization" will not be regulated. I say this to point out that it should be done in a staged process. Of course the way our government and the FDA is...you better haves super weed to win the price game that will result. I will never vote for straight legalization of weed unless it is subjected to licenses and sales via establishments with licenses to dispense said product.

Not to mention you must consider things like where in the hell will people smoke it? Is it allowed on the street corner? If it is regulated out of the gate...I wouldn't be opposed per say.

I agree with pretty much everything here except a comparison between guns and drugs is a valid one to make in my opinion. People should required to smoke on their property, or in a business that has a proper license to allow smoking.

I don't know. I am for legalizing it, but I don't think like others this is somehow a good thing. I think it is more a sign of societal decay and apathy.

I don't know. I am for legalizing it, but I don't think like others this is somehow a good thing. I think it is more a sign of societal decay and apathy.

Eh, I'll give you that one. It is in the same way it was when the prohibition of alcohol was repealed. In an ideal world we would all be sober.

I don't know anything about your workplace but I would be willing to bet if you have 3 employees, one of them has tried pot. If you have 20 employees, chances are that 1 of them is a active pot user.

About Marijuana

Do you want all of these things for carrots and sunflowers as well? It's a plant that involves zero processing or alterations.

I don't know anything about your workplace but I would be willing to bet if you have 3 employees, one of them has tried pot. If you have 20 employees, chances are that 1 of them is a active pot user.

About Marijuana

That's what funny. He probably knows many people who regularly smoke, he just doesn't know it. Most pot smokers are quiet about it and responsible.

People with "nice jobs" dont usually have to "calm their nerves at night". Perhaps you should man up and live with out being high.
Define "nice job".

People with "nice jobs" dont usually have to "calm their nerves at night". Perhaps you should man up and live with out being high.
Define "nice job".

I think it's safe to say someone is on the losing side of an argument when they have to resort to attacking a strangers manhood.

Define "nice job".

I'm an electrical engineer at a engineering firm that designs x-ray measurement equipment for the steel industry. Is that what you're doing now? Making up petty insults? Why do you accuse people you don't even know of not being men?

I have genetic, clinical depression, and I've had it my entire life. My brothers have it, my dad has it, and his dad, and his brothers, and so on. My uncle drank himself to death. Have you ever been on SSRI anti-depressants? Based on your insanely ignorant statement, my guess is no. When I was on them I went bat **** crazy. Weed calms me down instead of obsessing over everything and being anxious.

Now, stop being a presumptuous ****.

I think it's safe to say someone is on the losing side of an argument when they have to resort to attacking a strangers manhood.

I try to keep things professional and impersonal, but that little **** has taken it a bit too far.

I'm an electrical engineer at a engineering firm that designs x-ray measurement equipment for the steel industry. Is that what you're doing now? Making up petty insults? Why do you accuse people you don't even know of not being men?

I have genetic, clinical depression, and I've had it my entire life. My brothers have it, my dad has it, and his dad, and his brothers, and so on. My uncle drank himself to death. Have you ever been on SSRI anti-depressants? Based on your insanely ignorant statement, my guess is no. When I was on them I went bat **** crazy. Weed calms me down instead of obsessing over everything and being anxious.

I try to keep things professional and impersonal, but that little **** has taken it a bit too far.

Not sure how many times you've encountered Crue, but this isn't unusual for him.

Do you want all of these things for carrots and sunflowers as well? It's a plant that involves zero processing or alterations..

That's just plain dumb man. Carrots and sunflower seeds don't alter your state of mind during consumption. You have a problem with being not allowed to smoke anywhere?

Do you want all of these things for carrots and sunflowers as well? It's a plant that involves zero processing or alterations.

That's what funny. He probably knows many people who regularly smoke, he just doesn't know it. Most pot smokers are quiet about it and responsible.

I don't get along well with the ones who call attention to themselves. Same with people who smoke, drink, gamble, preach, and 10,000 other examples.

Define "nice job".

All the CEO's with holes in their livers is because their job is more social then stressful.

Well I have more than a few reasons to be against recreational marijuana. They are personal reasons I don't want to discuss. I am sort of ok with the medicinal use though.

But the substance should be subjected to numerous long term studies. There are side effects that we do know about (paranoia and psychosis for those who start early). The question is what are the odds? Significance? Smoking pot specifically is something I am curious about in terms of second hand effects (particularly on children). There really are a lot of studies I just haven't seen yet.

As far as I am concerned anything that alters your state of mind is likely to cause some kind of side effect. That includes alcohol and caffeine, not just THC.

Good post. Actually there have been many studies already conducted about marijuana and its effects on humans. Some part of the US government did one as early as about 1890 or so, as US troops in Panama were smoking pot. Many studies done by many people, both in the US and in Europe. And they all have one common conclusion--smoking marijuana does not harm the human any more that other substances, and more benign than most.

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis Young found at the end of a trial, that marijuana was the safest therapeutic substance known to man.

So it's all out there, about the benign nature of marijuana.

What's also out there is the brazen behavior by the government in maintaining the status quo of prohibition, which does nothing but punish society.

Good post. Actually there have been many studies already conducted about marijuana and its effects on humans. Some part of the US government did one as early as about 1890 or so, as US troops in Panama were smoking pot. Many studies done by many people, both in the US and in Europe. And they all have one common conclusion--smoking marijuana does not harm the human any more that other substances, and more benign than most.

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis Young found at the end of a trial, that marijuana was the safest therapeutic substance known to man.

So it's all out there, about the benign nature of marijuana.

What's also out there is the brazen behavior by the government in maintaining the status quo of prohibition, which does nothing but punish society.

See. I just don't believe that something that alters the state of mind would have 0 long term effect. It sounds more like a "miracle drug." I don't believe in "miracle drugs." I wanna know what happens to people who use over a length of time.

See. I just don't believe that something that alters the state of mind would have 0 long term effect. It sounds more like a "miracle drug." I don't believe in "miracle drugs." I wanna know what happens to people who use over a length of time.

That's a fair question, and there is data somewhere to help you find that answer regarding marijuana. And in general terms, that data will show you that long term use of pot is relatively benign.

I was raised in a pharmacy back in the 60's. Most folks are not aware of the National Formulary (N.F.), though many are aware of the United State Pharmacopea (USP).

The NF has been around since the earliest days of this country, even before the American Revolution, I think. It was a compendium of herbs and chemicals that had therapeutic value for a wide variety of ailments experienced by humans. Marijuana was included in the NF, up until sometime after Harry Anslinger succeeded in protecting the turf of his federal agents by getting pot declared illegal in 1937.

It is a benign substance with therapeutic value. That is more than can be said about alcohol or tobacco, for sure.

Boo hoo, now toke up to calm down. Pffffft.
I have a medical condition that is said to be helped by maryjane. But I have the type of job that takes a drug test to work at.
My illness is probably 100 times more painful on a daily basis than being alittle nervy. My job stress does nothing but exasperate the condition as well. But I am not some otherwise pot head that found a mind altering drug will "make me feel better".
I take what the doctors prescribe and keep my job and if I go to look for another. No problem when asked to take a drug test.

Not sure how many times you've encountered Crue, but this isn't unusual for him.

Iam consistant. Pot heads are pot heads and all the medical use excuses combined still mean one thing. They would still be pot heads.

Boo hoo, now toke up to calm down. Pffffft.
I have a medical condition that is said to be helped by maryjane. But I have the type of job that takes a drug test to work at.
My illness is probably 100 times more painful on a daily basis than being alittle nervy. My job stress does nothing but exasperate the condition as well. But I am not some otherwise pot head that found a mind altering drug will "make me feel better".
I take what the doctors prescribe and keep my job and if I go to look for another. No problem when asked to take a drug test.

And that's your excuse for acting like a **** to someone you don't even know? Calling me not a man? Really? Sounds like you have your own self-esteem issues you need to work out.

And that's your excuse for acting like a **** to someone you don't even know? Calling me not a man? Really? Sounds like you have your own self-esteem issues you need to work out.

Telling you to "man up" is not that big an "insult". Sorry, didnt realize you were so sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom