• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gallup confirms, America still sees liberal bias in the media

What's surprising in this poll, is that there are people so out of touch with reality, that they actually think the American media has a conservative bias... lmmfao

Distrust in U.S. Media Edges Up to Record High

Which means what? Opinion doesn't make it so. A majority once thought the world was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth.

Can I have some cheese and crackers with the media whine?

:neener

Why do you think this is objective evidence of bias in reporting? Nothing there shows us anything anyone has reported?

yeah, and the journolist controversy involved only conservative media bias... right ??

And study after study shows that media votes overwhelmingly democratic each election...

And media overwhelimingly donates more money to democratic candidates..

But I know, it all just a coincidence.

yeah, and the journolist controversy involved only conservative media bias... right ??

And study after study shows that media votes overwhelmingly democratic each election...

And media overwhelimingly donates more money to democratic candidates..

But I know, it all just a coincidence.

How they vote does not show media bias. You have to show actual bias in their reporting. Not in just one or even ten reporters, but a systematic effort. Again, this can only be done my looking at language and inaccuracies without consequence. You can jump all over the map whinning, but the facts don't change. you can't measure bias in the way many republicans and conservatives are trying to (hell liberals for that matter as most people see bias against them most often).

What's surprising in this poll, is that there are people so out of touch with reality, that they actually think the American media has a conservative bias... lmmfao
About the only thing that can be said that is true about the American news media, it is that "it" is made up of thousands of entities and that "it" is lots of things: sensationalist, liberal (whatever that means), conservate (whatever that means), moderate, accurate, bogus, etc ... not one or even mostly only one thing.

That Joe Q Public is fond of parroting memes does not surprise me.

How they vote does not show media bias. You have to show actual bias in their reporting. Not in just one or even ten reporters, but a systematic effort. Again, this can only be done my looking at language and inaccuracies without consequence. You can jump all over the map whinning, but the facts don't change. you can't measure bias in the way many republicans and conservatives are trying to (hell liberals for that matter as most people see bias against them most often).

You could have made your reply much shorter by simply stating "There is no evidence of liberal bias that I will accept."

See, much simpler and said the same thing that you did.

But, I'm sure you are more than willing to claim Fox News is biased.

Last edited:

Distrust in U.S. Media Edges Up to Record High

Not really - if someone's only source is, say, Fox :shrug:
Or if, say, it's only CNN

Then there you go.

You see it even more when you don't participate at all in televised news sources.

All this proves is that the mud that the US right have been throwing at the US media for 30 years has stuck so much that the mud has become fact.

All this proves is that the mud that the US right have been throwing at the US media for 30 years has stuck so much that the mud has become fact.

You should know.... Europe is the creator and master of muckraking media.

I think a similar number of Americans also believe in creationism, so I'm sorry if this poll doesn't sway me on the "librul media" controversy.

A liberal bias clearly exists. Although that 15% who actually believe there is a conservative bias is similar to the number of those who don't believe in God ;) How about we stop with snarky comparisons trying to offend people of faith (or lack thereof).

You could have made your reply much shorter by simply stating "There is no evidence of liberal bias that I will accept."

See, much simpler and said the same thing that you did.

But, I'm sure you are more than willing to claim Fox News is biased.

I've made clear what I will accept. Because those who whine about this have no understanding at all as to what constitutes actual evidence is not something I can do anything about. But, I have clearly stated what is and isn't acceptable.

I've never see so many liberals, try so hard, to convince themselves that liberal bias in the media doesn't exist. I think if you all work together, do a little brain-storming, you can come up with more excuses and more theories to try and deny that which your partisanship can't accept... the obvious.

Who knows, maybe one of you can be the next "almost" hero who comes up with the next "corporate media" myth, where all your pals pat you on your back and celebrate your idealogical brilliance.... Either that, or you all could try something a little far fetched... you could stop making excuses and face reality. It's called being honest.

I've never see so many liberals, try so hard, to convince themselves that liberal bias in the media doesn't exist. I think if you all work together, do a little brain-storming, you can come up with more excuses and more theories to try and deny that which your partisanship can't accept... the obvious.

Who knows, maybe one of you can be the next "almost" hero who comes up with the next "corporate media" myth, where all your pals pat you on your back and celebrate your idealogical brilliance.... Either that, or you all could try something a little far fetched... you could stop making excuses and face reality. It's called being honest.
Realizing that appealing to popularity is a logical fallacy is called being intellectually honest.

You should try it sometime.

Realizing that appealing to popularity is a logical fallacy is called being intellectually honest.

You should try it sometime.

Sounded more like an appeal for common sense to me.

A liberal bias clearly exists. Although that 15% who actually believe there is a conservative bias is similar to the number of those who don't believe in God ;) How about we stop with snarky comparisons trying to offend people of faith (or lack thereof).
Or you could grow a thicker skin.

I swear, you people are such crybabies when you aren't ruling with an iron fist over faggots and negroes.

Frankly, I've never seen so many conservatives try so hard to make something meaningful about a stupid subjective poll, they're stuck on stupid. They're always playing victim and have been trained over the years by talk show host and conservative talking heads what to say in such polls. Conservatives are nothing but a bunch of whiners.

The corporate press has a bias alright and it's $$$$$$. They are capitalists after all. :2razz:

Or you could grow a thicker skin.

I swear, you people are such crybabies when you aren't ruling with an iron fist over faggots and negroes.

That's are really disgusting comment. I don't think you will last long here if you can't be civil.

Just think how far left you have to be to actually believe that the media has a conservative lean. I guess you'd have to be somewhere near lenin or Grayson.

Well...now...when you think about it...wwhat is the most popular media outlet? Fox News. So its basically Fox news vs everyone else...and since Fox HAS a majority over all the other liberal media outlets...its easy to see why left leaning folks would say the media is conservative biased...meaning...the only media people are actually WATCHING. Add to that conservative talk radio (because liberal leaning radio programs fizzle and die...probably because most of the left leaning folks are ALSO watching Fox news and listening to conservative radio...

Frankly, I've never seen so many conservatives try so hard to make something meaningful about a stupid subjective poll, they're stuck on stupid. They're always playing victim and have been trained over the years by talk show host and conservative talking heads what to say in such polls. Conservatives are nothing but a bunch of whiners.

The corporate press has a bias alright and it's $$$$$$. They are capitalists after all. :2razz:

And yet you don't hesitate to whine and criticise Fox News whenever Media Matters instructs you to.

I guess the people at Fox aren't capitilists????

Well...now...when you think about it...wwhat is the most popular media outlet? Fox News. So its basically Fox news vs everyone else...and since Fox HAS a majority over all the other liberal media outlets...its easy to see why left leaning folks would say the media is conservative biased...meaning...the only media people are actually WATCHING. Add to that conservative talk radio (because liberal leaning radio programs fizzle and die...probably because most of the left leaning folks are ALSO watching Fox news and listening to conservative radio...

Fox's actual news (a very small percentage of their programing) is not much different than the other networks.

Fox's actual news (a very small percentage of their programing) is not much different than the other networks.

And yet...look how many on the left are HOPELESSLY addicted to Fox and obsessed with them. You sort of prove my point. ONLY one news outlet...and yet there are networks and websites that provide 24/7 recaps...

Back
Top Bottom