• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Full-Body Scan Technology Deployed In Street-Roving Vans

I do not like the idea of x-ray vehicles driving around town that can spy on people's vehicles,businesses and homes. Technology improves and just because it allegedly may not be that good right now is no reason to let the government use it on American citizens.
Are you deaf? The technology doesn't work that way. Hell, I'd say it's a stretch to say it works at all. Yes it'll help you find hidden cargo or people, but this is nowhere near V For Vendetta spy-van technology and if that technology becomes available and comes into use, then we deal with it.

This technology has been around and used for much longer than most people would dream. It can be driven down your street and look into your house and see exactly what you are doing.

The same system is used to scan steel cargo containers.

The bad thing is that it uses GAMA Rays and may be exposing people to danger. Not to mention it's use on the general publis needs to be challenged because i believe it to be and unwarranted invasion of privacy and unreasonable search that we are supposed to be protected from under the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution, but in recent years more and more of our rights are being swept aside in the name of safety and security.

In the immortal words of Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up Liberty for a little security deserve neither."

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything

Last edited:
Are you deaf?

Are you ****ing stupid? Think about the question you just typed.

The technology doesn't work that way. Hell, I'd say it's a stretch to say it works at all.

You do realize that technology improves over time?

Yes it'll help you find hidden cargo or people, but this is nowhere near V For Vendetta spy-van technology and if that technology becomes available and comes into use, then we deal with it.

So your excuse is since its not that effective now then it is okay for them to have x-ray vans driving around? You do not think that this would condition people to accepting the idea that the government can just easily spy on them? There are idiots who believe that you have no expectation of privacy once you set foot outside your home,so in their minds it is okay for the government to spy on you.

Are you ****ing stupid? Think about the question you just typed.
I'm well aware of what I typed.

You do realize that technology improves over time?
You mean...there's no technology fairy!? NOOOOOOO!

So your excuse is since its not that effective now then it is okay for them to have x-ray vans driving around? You do not think that this would condition people to accepting the idea that the government can just easily spy on them? There are idiots who believe that you have no expectation of privacy once you set foot outside your home,so in their minds it is okay for the government to spy on you.
Should we ban RFID chips because the technology could be used to inject them into humans and track them. Tattooing should also be illegal because it could eventually be used to tag humans with reactive ink that will identify people based on their political affiliations and allow them to be tracked by drones.

Banning something based on where it could potentially go is completely pointless because you can twist something to go anywhere you want and you cant be proved wrong.

It's a crappy argument

They get everyone used to x-ray vans and alleviate peoples fears by saying oh the technology is not that great. Then one day a better more penetrating x-ray technology comes along and they use that in the vans. No one says **** because they are already used to the x-ray vans spying on them. I do not think you have any idea of how baby steps or incrementation works.They start off with something small to get people used to the idea of it and work their way up to something bigger and people get used to it and they work up to something even more bigger and people get used to it. This is why 2nd amendment proponents oppose gun control laws.

One application of a mobile scanner could be to scan a suspicious vehicle, or a vehicle that is known to contain explosives. But I'm just as suspicous as you as to how the government will use this mobile technology. The vehicle should be clearly marked and should only be used in very specific cases.

I'm well aware of what I typed.

Then how can anyone hear what you typed?

You mean...there's no technology fairy!? NOOOOOOO!

Then why like a idiot bring up out how its probably not even capable of doing that right now" or "its not really good at doing that right now"?

Should we ban RFID chips because the technology could be used to inject them into humans and track them.

We should ban how they are to be used.

Tattooing should also be illegal because it could eventually be used to tag humans with reactive ink that will identify people based on their political affiliations and allow them to be tracked by drones.

Funny you should mention drones.

Federal Aviation Administration FAA Pressed To Allow Drone Flights In United States - cbs11tv.com
http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/74963-should-drones-allowed-law-enforcement-use-us.html

Banning something based on where it could potentially go is completely pointless because you can twist something to go anywhere you want and you cant be proved wrong.

It's a crappy argument

Again you must have no understanding of how incrementation or baby steps works.

Then how can anyone hear what you typed?
It's a figure of speech.

Then why like a idiot bring up out how its probably not even capable of doing that right now" or "its not really good at doing that right now"?
Because you are flipping out about something that is not. You are expending energy worrying about something that is not a reality and will not be a reality for a while.

Ok, and? How is this different from law enforcement using aircraft currently?

Again you must have no understanding of how incrementation or baby steps works.
I'm well aware of how it works.

The Z Backscatter Vans, or ZBVs, as the company calls them, bounce a narrow stream of x-rays off and through nearby objects, and read which ones come back. Absorbed rays indicate dense material such as steel.
bodies. (Just how much detail became clear last May, when TSA employee Rolando Negrin was charged with assaulting a coworker who made jokes about the size of Negrin’s genitalia after Negrin received a full-body scan.)

Nothing new here. They're had flouroscopes and other metal detectors for over forty years. Problem is, and always was, too much exposure to Xrays.

ricksfolly

Back
Top Bottom