• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From whence do the ethical values of atheists derive?

I have yet to meet a single atheist that has even the most rudimentary moral compass.

tenor.gif

What I listed are sins. I said a person would "slip the slippery slope to the sins the society calls you to". You said it's the same for an atheist, but what sins are you referring to?

I was using “sins” in the secular, not the religious manner, meaning actions that are harmful to society, not actions that do not meet the “standards” of “God”.

I have yet to meet a single atheist that has even the most rudimentary moral compass.

Tell us about some of the atheists that’s you have met that would lead you to make such a totally ridiculous statement.

Are you lesbian? It would be nice to know where you are coming from.

Do you **** little holes in the walls of high school gymnasiums after everyone has gone home? It would be nice to know what you’re coming in.

And what is standards are you using to come to that conclusion? What is your criteria? Your moral compass might be way more rudimentary than most people prefer.

Do you **** little holes in the walls of high school gymnasiums after everyone has gone home? It would be nice to know what you’re coming in.

So, I'll take Yes as your answer.

Is it really even debatable in 2020 that religion has zero to do with moral compasses? Believing in god is not predictive towards anyone’s behavior pro or con.

You can take my question as a question. What do you put your dick in? If who I **** is relevant, who you **** must be relevant some how.

So I’ll take it as a yes on the high school gymnasiums.

Excellent! Now that we have established that you and I **** stuff, would you like to discuss your criteria for assessing a moral compass? What do you believe makes someone moral? How do you guage?

I’ll take it that you can’t actually provide us with any further information to show that your statement about atheists has any merit at all.

A conscience is what stops me from cheating on my wife. It is anecdotal to running a functional society.

And who issued you that "conscience"?

Were you just wandering around in life and "discovered" it? Hardly.

You can take my question as a question. What do you put your dick in? If who I **** is relevant, who you **** must be relevant some how.

So I’ll take it as a yes on the high school gymnasiums.

Excellent! Now that we have established that you and I **** stuff, would you like to discuss your criteria for assessing a moral compass? What do you believe makes someone moral? How do you guage?

I'm not following you down your rabbit hole. Are you or are you not a lesbian?

I’ll take it that you can’t actually provide us with any further information to show that your statement about atheists has any merit at all.

I merely gave you my observation, which you clearly could not refute, that I have never met an atheist who had a moral compass. Take it or leave it, it is still true.

I'm not following you down your rabbit hole. Are you or are you not a lesbian?

Then you don’t wish to participate in this exchange. I did not sign up as a guest on the “Smallvoice Tells Us About Things He ****s” pop up talk show.

This is a thread about morals. You’ve made a couple of declarations and thus far refuse to expand on any of them. You keep this up and you’ll leave little doubt about moral compasses *and* intellectual backbones.

I merely gave you my observation, which you clearly could not refute, that I have never met an atheist who had a moral compass. Take it or leave it, it is still true.

How could we refute something you’re stating from your own life experience? And what value can someone take from that?

You cannot state any actual instance to show that your statement is true, and so we must make the conclusion that it has no merit in reality.

So, how do you explain what Paul said?

"For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused." Romans 2:14,15

Last edited:

"For when people of the nations, who do not have law, do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused." Romans 2:14,15

We're atheists. We don't care what Paul said. It does not affect our ethical values, per se.

We're atheists. We don't care what Paul said. It does not affect our ethical values, per se.

Was I talking to you? No, so put a sock in it...and if you bothered to read Paul's words, he actually in support of you...:roll:

Last edited:

You have no atheist "ethical" values alone. Without some sort of "moral compass", you are just wandering around in life. It is the society that embraces the tenets of some 'religion' that gives the moral compass to society. If you "have" ethical values, you got them from your society, and if they are not based on religious teaching, you have nothing worthwhile.
Just saying...

Then you don’t wish to participate in this exchange. I did not sign up as a guest on the “Smallvoice Tells Us About Things He ****s” pop up talk show.

This is a thread about morals. You’ve made a couple of declarations and thus far refuse to expand on any of them. You keep this up and you’ll leave little doubt about moral compasses *and* intellectual backbones.

It's clear you have neither.

You cannot state any actual instance to show that your statement is true, and so we must make the conclusion that it has no merit in reality.

You may make any conclusion you like. I tell you it's true, and you wouldn't be able to discern if I gave you a list of 2 Million people that fall in the category, So yes, it has merit in reality. and down deep, you know it.

Back
Top Bottom