• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From my research, it looks like New York state has a background check law similar to ours here in CA.

Honestly, I am fine with being allowed one rifle, one shot gun and one pistol. No more than 6 shot magazines.
And what about those of us with 15+ handguns and 30+ rifles and 8+shotguns?
But, because of the deplorable nature of the gun nuts I officially support a full ban.
From fine with to full ban in under a minute.
Before the FL high school massacre I was not anti gun at all. But after reading the horrible comments by the deplorables after that, I became anti gun.
If it took Parkland then you were never fine with anything 6 mag or not.
I just want to squash and punish this group while saving lives of innocents.
You must mean us "DEPLORABLES".

The educated and moral, like myself, advocate for what is good and right whether it is realistically attainable or not.

BTW, real Americans do not try to burn down democracy because they lost an election.
Yell that real loud so they can hear you in Portland and Seattle and a lot of other dem. controlled cities.

I see where you got that. That tracing agency also provides services for background checks. Guns already registered to owners that were involved in crimes can prevent future purchases as I understand it. If the tracing agency can't fulfill their search within the appropriate time the gun is sold.
Tracing(or trying)does not a background check make.
https://www.thetrace.org/2016/08/atf-non-searchable-databases/ A 2016 article.
And a more up to date 2021 article. https://www.nbcchicago.com/violence...-traced-in-the-us-one-page-at-a-time/2615068/

You won't hear me say that, because I don't propose that. Simple fines, increasing until paid should do it. Don't pay? Tax liens.
And how many people have firearms are going to play that game? How many people have firearms that no one knows about in govt., and don't pull the old someone ratting them out for profit.

And what about those of us with 15+ handguns and 30+ rifles and 8+shotguns?

From fine with to full ban in under a minute.

If it took Parkland then you were never fine with anything 6 mag or not.

You must mean us "DEPLORABLES".

If you have guns with more than 6 round capacity, you can simply relinquish them.

I was fine with full ban from the start.

I own 3 guns and have no clue why you don't understand why deplorable comments following the slaughter made me say no more.

I have no clue how you self identify.
But I thought those on the right have no tolerance for anyone self identifying. 😉

Yell that real loud so they can hear you in Portland and Seattle and a lot of other dem. controlled cities.
What election did the leftist extremists lose in Portland and Seattle?

Id have sent in the national guard day one to remove them. But then again I am not like you. Don't joint cults nor echo dem values.

Sounds like you're the one that wants to be the tough guy here. I agree put your money where your mouth is. If I was suggesting busting doors, I would insist on being on a grab team.
Me? Tough guy?

Lol

I think tough guys are insecure fools who use physical means to resolve conflict because they are void of intellectual abilities to so do.

No, I do not self identify as a tough guy.
A Renaissance man? Yes.

Me? Tough guy?

Lol

I think tough guys are insecure fools who use physical means to resolve conflict because they are void of intellectual abilities to so do.

No, I do not self identify as a tough guy.
A Renaissance man? Yes.
So all of the victims of homicide were simply too intellectually void to avoid conflict?

So all of the victims of homicide were simply too intellectually void to avoid conflict?
Dumb post.

My post spoke to the mindset of the "little man" who needs a gun to feel like a man.

Did those victims of homicide need a gun?
For what?

Does one become immune to crime when they own an arsenal?

No, in fact, they become more likely to die from gun play.

For what?

Does one become immune to crime when they own an arsenal?

No, in fact, they become more likely to die from gun play.
To maybe shoot their attacker and not die?

These victims 100% died.

To maybe shoot their attacker and not die?

These victims 100% died.
Doesn't happen. Its a mental crutch for the weak minded. The numbers make clear, a gun will increase you chances of a bad outcome not improve it.

I mean come on. You are a tough guy who walks around with his gun at the ready and his chest pumped out. I am a dumb little gangster intent on robbing you. I too have a gun.
Dumb as I am, I walk up behind you and have my gun pointed at you before you know anything. What can you do?

1 pull your gun at which point i pull my trigger.

Or

2 do as I say.

You don't need a gun to do as I say.

A gun is irrational emotional support. Nothing more.

Doesn't happen. Its a mental crutch for the weak minded. The numbers make clear, a gun will increase you chances of a bad outcome not improve it.

I mean come on. You are a tough guy who walks around with his gun at the ready and his chest pumped out. I am a dumb little gangster intent on robbing you. I too have a gun.
Dumb as I am, I walk up behind you and have my gun pointed at you before you know anything. What can you do?

Or

2 do as I say.

you should tell that to the hundreds of thousands of armed government workers who carry firearms for protection. your idiotic claims about guns are not based any valid experience or training but are rather lame trolling posts that have no valid factual basis

you should tell that to the hundreds of thousands of armed government workers who carry firearms for protection. your idiotic claims about guns are not based any valid experience or training but are rather lame trolling posts that have no valid factual basis
Thanks for your typical reply. 🤡

You fancy yourself the world greatest gunman, what are you gonna do when a 15 year old puts a gun to your head and says give me your cash?

Obviously you have 10 guns on you. Are you gonna reach for one and get shot or give up your cash?

Or do these guns bestow some kind of magical power shield?

Or

2 do as I say.

In your scenario, the proper answer is:

3. I point down and say, "Hey, your shoe is untied." And while you're trying to figure out which one, that's my opportunity.

In your scenario, the proper answer is:

3. I point down and say, "Hey, your shoe is untied." And while you're trying to figure out which one, that's my opportunity.
Rotflmao!

That might work for Buggs Bunny but I am pretty sure you only posted this as a joke.

Have you ever been confronted with a gun?
You know i have and I did just fine. Both times. A gun would not have allowed for the same positive outcomes. Thank God I was not raided macho wannabe.

Thanks for your typical reply. 🤡

You fancy yourself the world greatest gunman, what are you gonna do when a 15 year old puts a gun to your head and says give me your cash?

Obviously you have 10 guns on you. Are you gonna reach for one and get shot or give up your cash?

Or do these guns bestow some kind of magical power shield?
1) not the greatest-just very good. At 63 I am not as fast as some of the top USPSA or steel challenge shooters and I don't see skeet targets like I did when I was a world class shooter 30 or so years ago

2) Hope my son takes him out, or if the 15 year old doesn't pay attention-shoot him or cut him hard

3) ten guns on me? they get the cash, but then later, things will get interesting

Rotflmao!

That might work for Buggs Bunny but I am pretty sure you only posted this as a joke.

You know i have and I did just fine. Both times. A gun would not have allowed for the same positive outcomes. Thank God I was not raided macho wannabe.
every situation is different. pretending the situation you claimed to have experienced applies to every other incident is just plain stupid

2) Hope my son takes him out, or if the 15 year old doesn't pay attention-shoot him or cut him hard
Honest. This reply just made me sad. Seriously.
Shoot a 15 year old for 100 bucks (or 1000) ?

Humans, a failed species. That is what this makes me think.

I am not even mad. I am just truly disappointed. I honestly though you better than this in spite of being overboard about guns.
Stupid me.

Rotflmao!

No...now, I've shot at people but I missed.

Honest. This reply just made me sad. Seriously.
Shoot a 15 year old for 100 bucks (or 1000) ?

Humans, a failed species. That is what this makes me think.

I am not even mad. I am just truly disappointed. I honestly though you better than this in spite of being overboard about guns.
Stupid me.
if a 15 year old is threatening people with a handgun, I won't lose any sleep if one of his intended victims kills him. He's a parasite

Back
Top Bottom