• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From my research, it looks like New York state has a background check law similar to ours here in CA.

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If so, how in the hell did that murdering, mentally ill jackass pass it? Is the background check system that bad?

Any disqualification from his mental illness episodes weren't reported by the state to NICS.
yet some clowns said we need background checks to stop that shooting!! I heard it all over the media

And he had more than one. Somebody effed up. Bad.
To the bannerrhoids, the solution is private background checks, gun bans. mine is making sure the data base is complete

who is the twit you cite and why should anyone give a flying wazzooo what she thinks? She's a mental health counselor-not a PhD or a researcher. She didn't go to a major league university She's full of guano

who is the twit you cite and why should anyone give a flying wazzooo what she thinks? She's a mental health counselor-not a PhD or a researcher. She didn't go to a major league university She's full of guano

Yet another worthless argumentum ad hominem from you. You are dismissed. :)

From the New York State site relating to gun laws:

"Federal law requires federally licensed firearms dealers (but not private sellers) to initiate a background check on the purchaser prior to sale of a firearm. Federal law provides states with the option of serving as a state “point of contact” and conducting their own background checks using state, as well as federal, records and databases, or having the checks performed by the FBI using only the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) database. (Note that state files are not always included in the federal database.)"

The shitbag bought the AR at a gun store.

Yet another worthless argumentum ad hominem from you. You are dismissed. :)
citing a nobody who has no credentials in an area in order to make a point is pathetically deficient

Research?
Is all of the crap that your meme author wrote necessary to conclude that California and New York have similar laws regarding background checks?

Is all of the crap that your meme author wrote necessary to conclude that California and New York have similar laws regarding background checks?

^ Deflection.

And you "research" consists of a Twitter post. Awesome!

^ And now we have a bald-faced lie.

Keep it up, righties, you're just making my point for me. (y)

And you "research" consists of a Twitter post. Awesome!
a twittering twit citing a person who has no relevant academic credentials. in turn Phys claims the double twittery is telling. Hilarious

Obviously we need better, more thorough background checks, right?
No, we need the people who have the information on someone who should be a prohibited person to submit the information correctly and timely to actually make that person a prohibited person.

Yes, yes, keep on making my point for me. (y)
what's that point-that you cannot fashion a reasonable argument so you find some moron on twitter who cites an irrelevant and worthless source for a point that really has no relevance? that's a triple fail on your part

No, we need the people who have the information on someone who should be a prohibited person to submit the information correctly and timely to actually make that person a prohibited person.
Yup. Better, more thorough, background checks on all levels.

Back
Top Bottom