• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Free the Nipple

Using your logic men and women in villages where both sexes walk around naked no one is attracted to anyone. lol.

Attraction is not based solely upon the physical, so your logic fails. If everyone was walking around naked, then nudity would not be seen as a sexual thing, simply a thing. Attraction would be based on many of the things it is now; facial features, personality, skin color for those it is important for, weight for those it is important for, and so many other factors.

As do conservatives.

Liberals use it towards political and social ends on pretty much any topic they can imagine. I even hear liberals on this site talk about how all they have to do is wait for about ten years or so on a given topic to win.

Last edited:
That's probably because it's too cold up there.
Aren't you people wearing sweaters all year long?
On a more serious note, I must say I find this issue somewhat titillating.
I'll stay abreast of this topic and touch upon it when appropriate.......hey, you started with the puns.

Greetings, radioman. :2wave:

Excellent play on words! :lamo I never know when I log on here what we're going to be talking about, which is part of the reason I love this place! :thumbs:

Why are you making this post to me? Where I did support any sort of law? All I'm saying is that sexual attraction doesn't just disappear because nudity becomes more common.

Sexual arousal based purely on nudity would though. Sexual attraction and sexual arousal are two different things and neither is tied to nudity, except by taught association.

Attraction is not based solely upon the physical, so your logic fails. If everyone was walking around naked, then nudity would not be seen as a sexual thing, simply a thing. Attraction would be based on many of the things it is now; facial features, personality, skin color for those it is important for, weight for those it is important for, and so many other factors.

Obviously nudity is not a sexual thing by itself, but I see no reason attraction itself would change because of nudity.

He wasn't arguing against you, you know. He was stating that a change in law isn't going to change much of anything. Many places in America for example would still have a no shirt no shoes policy making this change pointless to a large degree.
Correct, I was agreeing with him.

Sexual arousal based purely on nudity would though. Sexual attraction and sexual arousal are two different things and neither is tied to nudity, except by taught association.

You're frankly not even arguing against anything I said. If you want to make this point do it without quoting me.

Dunno. I've always felt that a nipple poking through the material of a thin tee shirt was a great thing to see.

I think we need to cast this entire discussion on the beauty of the female form, which, as designed by nature, has it's desired effects on the males of the species
. . . well most of them anyway.

Many people actually are more sexually stimulated by the sight of partial nudity than by full nudity.

Good morning, bubba. :2wave:

:thumbs: All one needs to do is look at some pictures of women who live in third world countries who have never owned a bra to see why going topless is not always pleasing to the eye of the beholder! :lamo
This may be the best argument yet! :)

Modesty, morals. Yeah, foreign concept, I know.

Not just morals. A well dress person is always more appealing than some ego tripping slob.
We have to consider others when going out in public. I don't want to see some woman's boobs nor some guy's family jewels. Others feel the same. We live in a society, and we should behave in a way that benefits the majority of its members. But of course there are those who think their own opinions and feelings are more important than everyone else.

Good morning, bubba. :2wave:

:thumbs: All one needs to do is look at some pictures of women who live in third world countries who have never owned a bra to see why going topless is not always pleasing to the eye of the beholder! :lamo

Actually bras weaken the muscles that hold breasts up and thus leads to greater sagging.

Last edited:
Actually bras weaken the muscles that hold that breasts up and thus leads to greater sagging.

Greetings, Henrin. :2wave:

Well, if you're planning on going jogging, the physical discomfort alone is ample reason to wear a bra, and believe me... the ones that they sell for physical exercise, including tennis or volleyball, are so constrictive that nothing moves! It's almost like wearing a bullet-proof vest! Women hate them, but they wear them, but they're always happy to take them off, too! :mrgreen:

If they do it in a an arranged area, I have no problem with it. If they force their nudity where it is not wanted, they are nothing but selfish bitches.

It was in an arraigned area. with signs specifically saying there was nudity in it.

It was in an arraigned area. with signs specifically saying there was nudity in it.

The article also talks about a stray making other park visitors politely look away, and other 'meetings'. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Liberals use it towards political and social ends on pretty much any topic they can imagine. I even hear liberals on this site talk about how all they have to do is wait for about ten years or so on a given topic to win.

You are all about that correlation/causation fallacy aren't you?

Not just morals. A well dress person is always more appealing than some ego tripping slob.
We have to consider others when going out in public. I don't want to see some woman's boobs nor some guy's family jewels. Others feel the same. We live in a society, and we should behave in a way that benefits the majority of its members. But of course there are those who think their own opinions and feelings are more important than everyone else.

That can run both ways, especially when whether something benefits others is an opinion issue. After all at one point, the majority felt that slavery benefitted society as a whole. This is one of those issues where, social pressure, not laws, should provide the desire to cover given areas when not physically necessary (such as weather or other environmental conditions).

If they do it in a an arranged area, I have no problem with it. If they force their nudity where it is not wanted, they are nothing but selfish bitches.

How is that any different than you forcing your clothed preference?

You are all about that correlation/causation fallacy aren't you?

They admit to it. :shrug: Furthermore, on many recent social issues things didn't even move all that much until after schools pick up the cause. Why do you think gay acceptance moved faster with kids in school than any other group? Hint: Indoctrination.

However there has been a lot of commentary on how millennials are the most nudity averse generation in a long time, as well that the Europeans are becoming much less open to public nudity. I dont know that I can take "free the nipple" seriously when nudist clubs are dying because the young dont want to take part.

However there has been a lot of commentary on how millennials are the most nudity averse generation in a long time, as well that the Europeans are becoming much less open to public nudity. I dont know that I can take "free the nipple" seriously when nudist clubs are dying because the young dont want to take part.

Personal modesty is no obstacle to participation in a free and just society. I just feel that many people who are attractive are also people who are comfortable with their bodies. It might become a difficult transition, for both men and women.

While Henrin and others' comments are valid, shouldn't sexual attraction be a personal issue? There are laws which govern us adults and it wouldn't be affected by fashion or lack thereof. With behavior on the other hand, there might be a higher risk of adultery in a social setting which is more open. I could imagine a natural setting which is single or bust.

...isn't that what you're doing, right now?

They admit to it. :shrug: Furthermore, on many recent social issues things didn't even move all that much until after schools pick up the cause. Why do you think gay acceptance moved faster with kids in school than any other group? Hint: Indoctrination.

Or pretty much every generation rejects things from the previous generation despite being taught by that generation.

Back
Top Bottom