• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Francis: Christians must apologize to gay people for marginalizing them

:lol:

If you don't think much about Christianity, then why should anybody else??? The fact is, what people do in the name of their faith has a huge impact on people's opinions on that group, and, FYI, my comment wasn't simply about the OP or Christianity towards the LGTB community. I wish I had a higher opinion on Christians as a whole than I actually do.

i try to differentiate between catholic people, most of whom are quite good to LGBT, and the catholic hierarchy, which remains far from it. It's a struggle sometimes though, because even just 5 years ago, i could not say the former was true

You've been called out on supporting your 'myth' claim with facts multiple times, and you never show up with anything credible.

You've got zero credibility for your rant, winston.

The pope was clearly referring to discrimination and violence, yet in your rage you just had to come on here and argue against a point he wasn't even making. He is not 'condoning sin', unless your idea of condoning is similar to westboro's - that if gays aren't oppressed at every turn, they are being 'enabled'

In other words, you're derailing as well as harassing. Since you're so fond of this, you do have much to apologize for

The pope was clearly referring to discrimination and violence, yet in your rage you just had to come on here and argue against a point he wasn't even making. He is not 'condoning sin', unless your idea of condoning is similar to westboro's - that if gays aren't oppressed at every turn, they are being 'enabled'

In other words, you're derailing as well as harassing. Since you're so fond of this, you do have much to apologize for

That's horse manure.

Sorry to hear that, but if the pope is a hypocrite as relates to this subject, i think it's for things like blocking the french ambassador appointment because he is gay, and for firing Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa, because he came out, right before their meeting about outreach to gays...

Throughout its history, the priesthood has been sought out by homosexuals, in efforts to be true to their faith, and their reward is to be kicked to the curb the moment their sexuality is discovered

I have no problem with gay priests. I have a serious problem with gay priests who have a 13 year old jerk them off.

I have no problem with gay priests. I have a serious problem with gay priests who have a 13 year old jerk them off.

those are pedophiles, and i believe the vow of celibacy and not to mention unhindered access to little kids are what leads to that

but yeah it is quite telling of the insincerity of the pope's gesture when a priest is fired for coming out as gay, but if he had raped kids, he would just be reassigned

You are confounding things here. The one's you are talking about power and authoritarian issues it is not about the sex.

Does this mean you don't have a problem with straight priests who have a 13 year old jerk them off?

Unless that's really what you meant, then throwing the word "gay" in there was irrelevant.

Does this mean you don't have a problem with straight priests who have a 13 year old jerk them off?

Unless that's really what you meant, then throwing the word "gay" in there was irrelevant.

Play it any way you want........ gay...straight...........I don't care

A adult placed in the position by the vatican and then protected after how many boys?

I know. Gimme a a pope who talks in tongues while handling snakes and all that good conservative old time religion. When did this Pope ever heal anyone, ferChristsakes.

About snake handling, Jesus said "It is written, thou shalt not tempt the Lord, thy God".

Back
Top Bottom