• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Francis: Christians must apologize to gay people for marginalizing them

So if you're going to call yourself a christian, sharing the same identity and holy book as those who murdered tens of thousands of homosexuals (more than heretics!), at least acknowledge this. Stop pretending your religion is better than islam, that it never hurt a fly..

Where do you get this vitriolic drivel? Neither Christianity or the teachings of Jesus say to murder homosexuals. And if some do then they are violating the teachings of Christ.

But when I look at the bloodshed in the world, it isn't Christians who are burning people alive in cages, or blowing up buildings, etc.

So get your story straight.

Where do you get this vitriolic drivel? Neither Christianity or the teachings of Jesus say to murder homosexuals. And if some do then they are violating the teachings of Christ.

But when I look at the bloodshed in the world, it isn't Christians who are burning people alive in cages, or blowing up buildings, etc.

And you call yourself biblically literate. :lamo

You believe gay people burn for all eternity and find this entirely just. No better than ISIS

You believe gay people burn for all eternity and find this entirely just. No better than ISIS

If they wind up in Hell it will be on them (Luke 13:3, etc.), not because Christians caused it. So do make that distinction clear when you go to bash Christians, like you did when you wrote, "So if you're going to call yourself a christian, sharing the same identity and holy book as those who murdered tens of thousands of homosexuals..."

If they wind up in Hell it will be on them (Luke 13:3, etc.), not because Christians caused it. So do make that distinction clear when you go to bash Christians, like you did when you wrote, "So if you're going to call yourself a christian, sharing the same identity and holy book as those who murdered tens of thousands of homosexuals..."

i thought it was very clear i was referring to the genocides that took place from around 300-1800, though i could add various other persecutions since that time, including right up to today in christian africa. They used the same damn verses as you right before burning people alive

you like to pretend you're better than the medievalists or ugandans or ISIS just because you aren't throwing people off roofs, rather hiding behind a computer telling people they deserve a much worse fate

i'd take ISIS any day. At least from their hateful actions they put themselves at risk

you like to pretend you're better than the medievalists or ugandans or ISIS just because you aren't throwing people off roofs...

There's no pretending about it. We are better people. And a lot of us put our lives on the line to fight ISIS and other terrorists.

, rather hiding behind a computer telling people they deserve a much worse fate

Take it up with God. If people don't repent of their sins and receive Christ, they're screwed. And that's on THEM.

i'd take ISIS any day.

That's stupid.

Take it up with God. If people don't repent of their sins and receive Christ, they're screwed. And that's on THEM.

no need to pass your hatreds off to something that doesn't even exist, nor can i take YOUR objections up with something that doesn't exist

no need to pass your hatreds off to something that doesn't even exist, nor can i take YOUR objections up with something that doesn't exist

Flush. Tel that dysentery to somebody who buys your folly.

There's no pretending about it. We are better people. And a lot of us put our lives on the line to fight ISIS and other terrorists.

So do Muslims we can talk Kahn's speech. Also several other religions put their lives on the line as well.

Wow I'm really sorry for you and the evil god you go to war for.

Francis: Christians must apologize to gay people for marginalizing them | National Catholic Reporter

Being that I am not Catholic, I don't tend to pay that much attention to the Pope when he tried to tell me how I should act and what I should do, as this particular Pope tends to do, a lot. However, when he tells his own church members what to do and how to act, I do pay attention because they make up the largest Christian church in the world.

In this instance, he's talking about actions that all Christians should take, but he does so through his own church members. Nonetheless, when he says "Who are we to judge them?" I go back to my understanding of the New Testament and what Jesus taught us, and I have to agree with him completely. As for the Catholic Church apologizing to gays, women, children, and the poor, well, that's something I don't feel comfortable opining about since, again, I'm not Catholic.

As for me, as a Christian, I apologized a long time ago, when I realized that the opinions I grew up being taught, were hateful and just plain wrong. I've grown and learned - it appears that the Catholic Church via this Pope, is growing and learning as well (at least on the subject of gays).

Wow... Catholics need to apologize for thousands of years of following the orthodoxy, but for those who continue to kill gays wherever they are found... Well, we should wash their feet and invite them into your homes.

He's gotta be the most anti-Catholic pope in history.

Wow... Catholics need to apologize for thousands of years of following the orthodoxy, but for those who continue to kill gays wherever they are found... Well, we should wash their feet and invite them into your homes.

He certainly has some strong opinions and isn't shy in expressing them.

Feel sorry for yourself. I'm saved. Evidently you're not. So good luck with that!

Saved from what? A bronze aged myth? I'm certainly saved from that and live in the 21st century.

The pope is just a professional child molester--he has consistently refused to laicize the senior ecclesiastical officials (i. e. Cardinals) who were involved in shuffling child-molesting priests around parishes, which means he condones their actions.

Saved from what? A bronze aged myth?

You've been called out on supporting your 'myth' claim with facts multiple times, and you never show up with anything credible.

You've got zero credibility for your rant, winston.

no, apologize for thousands of years of killing gays wherever they are found

ISIS, you're talking about more like 5 years

no, apologize for thousands of years of killing gays wherever they are found

ISIS, you're talking about more like 5 years

Isis has just turned it into a spectacle...

I was working with an Iranian who was proud that there are no gay people in iran. I said "that's because they get stoned to death", he replied, "no, we aren't animals like the Arabs, we hang them".

What about it?

:lol:

If you don't think much about Christianity, then why should anybody else??? The fact is, what people do in the name of their faith has a huge impact on people's opinions on that group, and, FYI, my comment wasn't simply about the OP or Christianity towards the LGTB community. I wish I had a higher opinion on Christians as a whole than I actually do.

I want to see a entire list of the priests that the Catholic Church protected over the years while hiding them from prosecution.

I had a friend in Boston in the 70's, who was molested by a priest.

The pope is a hypocrite jerk off, who represents a hypocrite organization with skeletons buried throughout the Vatican.

I don't think the Pope considers us Protestants Christian. I don't think it matters much if we apologize or whatever. What I do think matters is how we treat each other every day, I still don't think we have it right. But we are doing better.

How about the Pope (AKA anti-Christ) apologize for the Inquisition?

Long live the memory of Ian Paisley, Sr.!

I want to see a entire list of the priests that the Catholic Church protected over the years while hiding them from prosecution.

I had a friend in Boston in the 70's, who was molested by a priest.

The pope is a hypocrite jerk off, who represents a hypocrite organization with skeletons buried throughout the Vatican.

Sorry to hear that, but if the pope is a hypocrite as relates to this subject, i think it's for things like blocking the french ambassador appointment because he is gay, and for firing Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa, because he came out, right before their meeting about outreach to gays...

Throughout its history, the priesthood has been sought out by homosexuals, in efforts to be true to their faith, and their reward is to be kicked to the curb the moment their sexuality is discovered

Back
Top Bottom