• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fox News Poll: Biden-Trump a 5-point race in post-convention poll

While Fox is very partisan as a whole, I find their polls to be fairly accurate.

My problem with the Fox Poll are the categories and total lack of public understanding that NO President controls state and city activities thus racial inequality and city/state law and order. As for SC Nominations, not sure what the public wants but I like the choices that Trump has made and the results show it. Wonder when the left and media will stop blaming Trump for violence in the cities and racial inequality as obviously they have no idea who hires, funds, and trains city and state employees

While Fox is very partisan as a whole, I find their polls to be fairly accurate.
I really don't know, so I'm happy to take your opinion. Interesting numbers, they are. With numbers like these, it it wasn't for the vagaries of the Electoral College, I'd be tempted to call TRUMP finished. But that's obviously not the case.

I really don't know, so I'm happy to take your opinion. Interesting numbers, they are. With numbers like these, it it wasn't for the vagaries of the Electoral College, I'd be tempted to call TRUMP finished. But that's obviously not the case.

You'd be tempted to call Trump finished?

Fox has him trending better and better each poll (Biden +10, Biden +8, Biden +7, Biden +5)

Trump could win the Electoral College even with a margin of Biden +3 or Biden +4, which is within the Margin Of Error of the poll. And we know how Trump voters throw off polls.

Was that wishful thinking?

My problem with the Fox Poll are the categories and total lack of public understanding that NO President controls state and city activities thus racial inequality and city/state law and order. As for SC Nominations, not sure what the public wants but I like the choices that Trump has made and the results show it. Wonder when the left and media will stop blaming Trump for violence in the cities and racial inequality as obviously they have no idea who hires, funds, and trains city and state employees
What does any of the nonsense that you wrote have anything to do with the accuracy of the Fox poll?

Fox has him trending better and better each poll (Biden +10, Biden +8, Biden +7, Biden +5)

Trump could win the Electoral College even with a margin of Biden +3 or Biden +4, which is within the Margin Of Error of the poll. And we know how Trump voters throw off polls.

If popular vote determined the election? Yeah, I'd call it likely for Biden. Without a doubt.

If popular vote determined the election? Yeah, I'd call it likely for Biden. Without a doubt.

Sorry, I see what you meant lol.

I doubt Trump will win the popular vote, but I think he has a good chance at the Electoral College, with the way momentum is moving.

A number of articles are out explaining how Trump is closing the gap with Hispanic voters BTW.

Sorry, I see what you meant lol.

I doubt Trump will win the popular vote, but I think he has a good chance at the Electoral College, with the way momentum is moving.

A number of articles are out explaining how Trump is closing the gap with Hispanic voters BTW.
Without a doubt!

The numbers don't support your narrative.

In the latest poll, Biden/Harris have 51%

3611b4c1-1.png

That's the highest they've been -- over 50%, but has Trump/Pence at 46%.

These are previous Fox polls. "Now" is August but those are registered voters, not likely voters. The polls in actuality have been very stable.

Fox-News-Second-Poll-8-13-20-Pic-1.png

The numbers don't support your narrative.

In the latest poll, Biden/Harris have 51%

3611b4c1-1.png

That's the highest they've been -- over 50%, but has Trump/Pence at 46%.

These are previous Fox polls. "Now" is August but those are registered voters, not likely voters. The polls in actuality have been very stable.

Fox-News-Second-Poll-8-13-20-Pic-1.png

I'm not following your point...

This isn't November 3, it's September 14.

And Trump voters throw off polls, even Fox polls.

What does the 51% have to do with the Electoral College? These extra votes could be coming from deep blue states.

Trump has never been as high as 46% with Fox either. More momentum there than with Teleprompter Joe.

Poll questions are inherently vague.

Poll questions are inherently vague.

Yes, they are and the problem seems to continue to be lack of understanding of the role of our states and cities by far too many. Too many liberals want to ignore that cities and states aren't controlled by the President so on those two issues, law and order and racial equality why do liberals not understand who hires, trains, and funds those causing those problems?

Yes, they are and the problem seems to continue to be lack of understanding of the role of our states and cities by far too many. Too many liberals want to ignore that cities and states aren't controlled by the President so on those two issues, law and order and racial equality why do liberals not understand who hires, trains, and funds those causing those problems?

Just to play devil's advocate though, how can a presidential nominee run as the law and order president if he indeed has no control over city and state law enforcement?

Just to play devil's advocate though, how can a presidential nominee run as the law and order president if he indeed has no control over city and state law enforcement?

By nominating pro Constitution and law and order district judges

By nominating pro Constitution and law and order district judges

OK, but, my understanding is that the president can only nominate federal judges to cover federal cases. The majority of law and order cases happen at the state and local level and those judges are either voted in or appointed by the locals.

OK, but, my understanding is that the president can only nominate federal judges to cover federal cases. The majority of law and order cases happen at the state and local level and those judges are either voted in or appointed by the locals.

That is a good point, Federal Judges do set an example however. I do believe that strong economic policies and executive orders though do set a strong example in the states and people there are getting the message as they are fleeing high taxed liberal states and moving to lower taxed red states to benefit from those economic policies and results.

Back
Top Bottom