• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fox News Poll: Biden-Trump a 5-point race in post-convention poll

49% Democrats
46% Republicans
5% Independent

Those numbers are incorrect, that includes the voters who said they “lean” Democrat or “lean” Republican.

42% were Democrats
38% were Republicans
20% were Independents, or leaned one way or the other

When I tried to estimate the number of registered Dems vs Reps nationally, using voter registration records and voting records in the Dem and Rep 2016 primaries (since some states don’t require voter registration by party), there was a 4% difference between Dems and Reps nationally. Which pretty much aligns with this poll.

Last edited:
Those numbers are incorrect, that includes the voters who said they “lean” Democrat or “lean” Republican.

42% were Democrats
38% were Republicans
20% were Independents, or leaned one way or the other

When I tried to estimate the number of registered Dems vs Reps nationally, using voter registration records and voting records in the Dem and Rep 2016 primaries (since some states don’t require voter registration by party), there was a 4% difference between Dems and Reps nationally. Which pretty much aligns with this poll.

Gallup Party Affiliation

Dems - 31%
Reps - 26%
Inds - 41%

Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends

POLL REJECTED!!!

All sane and non racist people know that Trump is horrible. The rest are who we're fighting.

Rhetoric really bothers you and you buy what you want to hear but the reality exists, NO President controls law and order in cities, that is state and local responsibility and if they don't do then the Federal Gov't needs to step in. You don't create law and order by electing the same ideology over and over again expecting different results. I asked you the last time any of those major cities that experienced rioting were run by a Republican and got silence, why is that?

Well if people say things, then one assumes there's some truth and intent in those words; otherwise what's the point of saying anything at all? To your point, the Executive branch intervened but then stopped after there was push back. Based on your statement of "electing the same ideology over and over again expecting different results", how will the law and order issue be handled any differently by the incumbent given the current handling of protests?

As to your question about Republican cities, since the cities which have featured this kind of disorder have Democratic mayors, how differently do you think it would have played out? I remember several riots during the Giuliani administration which were in response to some of the very same issues the current crop are about.

this is a debate site so debate the issues not spreading propaganda. You tell me which of those poll categories are actually affected by the President? Which by state and local officials?

I am, the problem is you paint anything outside of your narrow view as "propaganda"; the COVID data was a perfect example despite me not having brought up anything political other than challenging your simplistic conclusions. The irony is you often repeat the very same histrionics the Trump campaign is pushing, and then complain about "propaganda".
:lamo

Gallup Party Affiliation

Dems - 31%
Reps - 26%
Inds - 41%

Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends

POLL REJECTED!!!

Mycroft, that’s based on a 1000 person phone poll, and it swings wildly every month. It is meaningless.

More people were sampled in this poll than in the Gallup poll.

Funny how no one had a problem with all these liberal firms polling too many Democrats BTW.

A firm polls 40% Democrats and 28% Republicans, well, there’s no “predetermined number” of Dems and Reps to call.

A firm reaches 42% Democrats, 38% Republicans, and now the complaints come out of the woodwork.

I see how it works.

Last edited:
I don't trust any of the polls.

I do not either. Over the years I have followed the polling. But when it comes to Trump it has become obvious what is going on. For the most part it is being used to suppress the vote.

For example, if Trump starts to receive favorable job approval ratings from multiple polls, a couple days later there are a barrage of polls showing his approval at very low levels often a difference of 8-10%. At Real Clear Politics they average all polls and that average is often used by our media as a source.

In recent days there have been multiple polls showing the increase of support for Trump with Blacks and Hispanics. Instead of the Democrat politicians recognizing it along with their third arm of the Democratic party known as our media, they start ratcheting up the claim that Trump is a racist over **** like calling this Covid virus the China virus is racist. And most recently was the Republican convention where there were multiple people of color who spoke telling why they support Trump. How did the media and the Democratic party respond? By calling those of color allowing themselves to be used as props disgusting. And the response from those of color over those accusations were swift and direct but of course the cheerleaders in our media who are in the tank for any Democrat did not cover them.

What I do trust is when Trump starts showing up in states that he lost last time around it means their inner polling is favorable and worth the time.

Absolutely stunning how the left ignores the law and order issue since it is a state and local responsibility, totally ignoring Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Kenosha, Minneapolis, Chicago, NYC and the FACT that they have been run by liberal mayors for decades and it is mayors that hire, fund, and train city workers including the police. How is ANY President responsible for law and order in cities? Are you liberals this challenged when it comes to this issue?

Also find it quite interesting that there are foreigners here always posting negative Trump rhetoric and opinions as if they matter. You cannot vote in our election and have no understanding of our basic civics. Nothing ever changes the mind of a radical and you foreigners meet that definition

You need to ask the idiot that told tRUMP to run as the 'law and order' candidate to deal with the protests. I bet it was tRUMP himself.

What can he do about the protests? Nothing. Yet that is his campaign strategy.

That's why he encourages Proud Bois, Boogaloo, and Patriot Prayer to go stir up riots in cities. It's all he's got. But I see you are smart enough to not fall for his bad strategy.

Conservative said:
Absolutely stunning how the left ignores the law and order issue...
We don't. Trump is the most lawless president we've ever had. That's one reason we want to get rid of him.

Why is it that an independent like you would vote for the same ideology over and over again that gave us those liberal city results of rioting, looting, destruction of property, murders of innocent people, racism? could it be you really don't want change?

Has it occurred to you that this period of division and chaos is actually not a common and frequent environment, but fairly unique under Trump?

Has it also occurred to you that many supported Trump, specifically, because he promised that under his administration and when he was President, that any rioting and law and disorder under his watch would immediately end? No kidding, he said just that, and many voters bought it -- hook, line, and sinker.

Now, as we are experiencing the exact opposite of what he promised, he promises only that all the rioting, chaos, and anarchy that is occurring under his watch will only occur again, if you vote for Biden instead of him. Where's the logic in that?

Remember, he did not promise you that if he were President, all kinds of anarchy and lawlessness would occur because he was powerless and incompetent to work with and persuade Governors and leaders beneath him to stop chaos and division -- only that if you voted for him, it would all stop. He would find a way to overcome all those obstacles, and stop chaos and lawlessness in the streets.

Yet, here he is fooling you yet again.

Does it make you wonder why anyone would vote for him again? I do.

Last edited:
Mycroft, that’s based on a 1000 person phone poll, and it swings wildly every month. It is meaningless.

More people were sampled in this poll than in the Gallup poll.

Funny how no one had a problem with all these liberal firms polling too many Democrats BTW.

A firm polls 40% Democrats and 28% Republicans, well, there’s no “predetermined number” of Dems and Reps to call.

A firm reaches 42% Democrats, 38% Republicans, and now the complaints come out of the woodwork.

I see how it works.

Bull****.

If what you say were the case, there would be no weighting. They would just ask a bunch of people...and not get any kind of representative sample.

But they do weight...except for party affiliation. That's because they want to manipulate the poll.

It's a bogus poll.

Bull****.

If what you say were the case, there would be no weighting. They would just ask a bunch of people...and not get any kind of representative sample.

But they do weight...except for party affiliation. That's because they want to manipulate the poll.

It's a bogus poll.

Lol the Dem to Rep Margin in this poll matches voter registration almost exactly, if you use primary registration margins in place of states where party registration is not required.

Those Gallup numbers you cited were the results of a 1000 person phone poll they did. Which swings wildly from month to month. Completely irrelevant. And not used by anybody for weighting, either.

The only time polling firms weight is when they purposely oversample a demo to get more specific info, and they weight according to previous data the firm has collected.

Nobody weights polls using data from Gallup.

Last edited:
Ohhhh hell yes it is. States are already working on legal workaround that the SC even backed in a recent decision. It won’t be perfect but those workarounds will help bridge the gap to an amendment.

Direct national voting for potus is popular. Since 2000 we’ve had two elections that denied the will of the people. Its’ now baked into GOP national strategy - push swing states, ignore everything else. It’s what has allowed Trump to ignore the wildfires destroying one of the country’s economic engines.

EC allows a targeted polling attack with no benefit to the populace it ignores and the one it’s trying to sway. There’s no leverage anymore with the EC for citizens. ON BOTH SIDES. :)

NPVIC should have been given a hundred million for an all hands on deck rollout campaign starting in 2017.

Absolutely stunning how the left ignores the law and order issue since it is a state and local responsibility, totally ignoring Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Kenosha, Minneapolis, Chicago, NYC and the FACT that they have been run by liberal mayors for decades and it is mayors that hire, fund, and train city workers including the police. How is ANY President responsible for law and order in cities? Are you liberals this challenged when it comes to this issue?

Also find it quite interesting that there are foreigners here always posting negative Trump rhetoric and opinions as if they matter. You cannot vote in our election and have no understanding of our basic civics. Nothing ever changes the mind of a radical and you foreigners meet that definition

Trump is the main problem in those cities. Biden will end the protests by doing what a real President does. Make peace not war with the American people because they are your boss. Trump does not understand even that most basic of a Presidents many jobs. Millions did not take to the streets to loot or burn. They just wanted to be heard and instead they got pepper balls, rubber bullets and this horrific image....

AP_20154066105580.jpg

Last edited:
Imagine Mycroft impugning a Fox News poll...without bursting into laughter.

It's not hard to imagine.

Fox has been presenting bogus polls for a long time and I've been rejecting them every time.

NPVIC should have been given a hundred million for an all hands on deck rollout campaign starting in 2017.

We *have* to get rid of the EC. This country cannot continue to allow an antiquated racist construct to disenfranchise millions of AMericans every 4 years.

The GOP can’t compete nationally anymore without it, oh ****ing well.

Trump is the main problem in those cities. Biden will end the protests by doing what a real President does. Make peace not war with the American people because they are your boss. Trump does not understand even that most basic of a Presidents many jobs. Millions did not take to the stryESeets to loot or burn. They just wanted to be heard and instead they got pepper balls, rubber bullets and this horrific image....

AP_20154066105580.jpg

Wow, what is it about liberalism that creates people like you, Trump is responsible for the rioting, looting, and murders in cities?? Do you get paid to post this bull****? No president controls the cities and none of the rioting and looting had anything to do with Trump or national policies, all city issues and cities are controlled by the mayors, Every post of yours is filled with misinformation and leftwing talking points, what is wrong with you that you cannot get anything right and are so totally biased and out of touch with reality?

Wow, what is it about liberalism that creates people like you, Trump is responsible for the rioting, looting, and murders in cities?? Do you get paid to post this bull****? No president controls the cities and none of the rioting and looting had anything to do with Trump or national policies, all city issues and cities are controlled by the mayors, Every post of yours is filled with misinformation and leftwing talking points, what is wrong with you that you cannot get anything right and are so totally biased and out of touch with reality?

the-buck-stops-here.jpg

That sign on Truman's desk says it all. I repeat...Biden will end the protests by addressing the people's concerns and creating a task force to deal with excessive force by police.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has dismissed advice from allies urging him to tone down his rhetoric and held back so far on making a formal address to the nation as cities across the country faced another night of protest over the death of George Floyd.

As the roar of police helicopters and chanting crowds reverberated through the White House grounds for a third night, Trump again opted against making prime-time remarks from the Oval Office, as other presidents have done in times of domestic crisis.

Instead, he spent the day on Twitter, doubling down on a strategy of calling for stronger police tactics, a move critics say is only worsening the situation.

Trump dismissing advice to tone down rhetoric, address the nation

It's not hard to imagine.

Fox has been presenting bogus polls for a long time and I've been rejecting them every time.

By "bogus" you mean they show Trump losing, right?

the-buck-stops-here.jpg

That sign on Truman's desk says it all. I repeat...Biden will end the protests by addressing the people's concerns and creating a task force to deal with excessive force by police.

Trump dismissing advice to tone down rhetoric, address the nation

And Trump's advice was so important to you and you believed it everyday since November 2016? you have zero credibility as does your ideology. Why are you so anti American and hate your country so much that you would turn it over to a radical like Harris/Biden and have more liberal cities and states that are fiscal and social disasters? Seems that the only people who would do that would be people who benefit from the misery of others, that defines you

And Trump's advice was so important to you and you believed it everyday since November 2016? you have zero credibility as does your ideology. Why are you so anti American and hate your country so much that you would turn it over to a radical like Harris/Biden and have more liberal cities and states that are fiscal and social disasters? Seems that the only people who would do that would be people who benefit from the misery of others, that defines you

I am voting for Biden/Harris to wreck your MAGA.

Because you want it, and I don't want Trump's followers to have what they want, simply because they want it.

I am voting for Biden/Harris to wreck your MAGA.

Because you want it, and I don't want Trump's followers to have what they want, simply because they want it.

Thank you for showing your anti American stance and ideology, you are a typical radical who is seeing your gravy train destroyed by Trump.

Thank you for showing your anti American stance and ideology, you are a typical radical who is seeing your gravy train destroyed by Trump.

I'm not anti-American. I'm Anti-you.

BP.png

Source: Fox News Poll: Biden-Trump a 5-point race in post-convention poll

I figured this was just another one of a myriad of polls, until I took a deeper look inside, and found the 2nd graphic down - which I included above. I was surprised; Very surprised!

Biden up strong on SCOTUS nominations? And leading, if only barely, on Law & Order? Only down 5 on the Economy, but winning literally everything else? Including, dominating quite a few categories?

Then there's this hook: Biden dominates on 'compassion', but also leads on 'mental soundness'?

And finally, it seems the electorate places 'unemployment' & 'coronavirus' as their highest priorities, with 'crime & violence' a more distant 3rd. However, more describe the societal unrest as 'riots' - rather than 'protests'. I did not expect this last.

With this being a poll of 'likely voters', which is usually the most predictive poll type, it would seem to be a very good poll for Biden. He definitely seems to better have his finger on the pulse of the country, versus Trump. However, popularity and winning the vote count does not win American elections. The electoral college chooses the President. And given the current electoral infrastructure, a 5 pt win in the vote count is - IMO - cutting it close in terms of becoming inaugurated.

While Fox is very partisan as a whole, I find their polls to be fairly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom