• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fox News: Hunter Biden Story Debunked

I think you should go on foxnews.com and take a look at their headline.

“Exclusive: Ex-Hunter Partner Rips Joe Biden’s Denials In Scandal”
I think you're naive to put any stock in anyone or any information related to Rudy and who was invited to be a special guest at trump's last debate.

Funny thing is I only just heard of this bubolinski guy, herein this thread today. Conservative media lore comes replete with its core stock of heroes and villains and characters with a back story like a Marvel movie that those outside the bubble are unaware exist. People who have no interest in delving in get hopelessly lost in the plot layers and twists.
He did a 1 on 1 interview tonight with tucker, if your open to hearing his side of things

What corruption? At least you've quit with the "censorship" nonsense.

How many stories do you think are appropriate about the burning question - did Joe Biden briefly meet, or maybe have a brief off the record meeting with, this person from Burisma that we have no evidence at all, nothing, zero, nada, led to any action by Joe to help his son? Do you have a number? BREAKING NEWS!!! BIDEN TOLD A (ONE) LIE. Here is the first of a 12 part investigative series!! Would that satisfy the not-corrupt standard or do you need more?

And how in the hell do you conclude something is "corrupt" just because you and Matt Taibbi would prefer that "the press" cover what is objectively (IMO) a nothing burger with the vigor you would like them to apply? You not agreeing, or Taibbi not agreeing, is not corruption. It's whining.
What's there to sort out? Who cares about the result of this sorting out?
"Censorship" remains apt, although "corruption" might apply better to what I would call a "combination in restraint of journalism." I'm just curious whether Joe lied, and if so, why.

No one is claiming foreign conspiracies. They are repeating what TRUMP'S OWN IC WARNED TRUMP ABOUT WITH RUDY. We know Rudy met with these deplorables, at least twice, the IC (Trump's IC) tell us they are bad actors, and that these bad actors targeted Rudy. That's called news, facts. It's fair to bring up those facts when a rat****ing operation targeting Biden appears in the runup to the election.
That remains a worthy subject for reporting.

Blame Trump's appointees for that. Not our problem when Rudy is stupid enough to repeatedly meet with Russian rat****ers that we then don't trust him and his allegations about Joe Biden.
The defense of Biden has been that the allegations are Russian disinformation. The WSJ is pulling on that thread.

So all the photos of Hunter on his crack pipe, in compromising positions with underage girls, hanging around with his pecker out, texts messages et al are made up? I suppose the stripper doing crack with him and getting pregnant was a Russian spy and ****ing his brothers wife was Russian disinformation. Anything else I missed?

Right, just an email specifying his intentions, to use a foreign power to dig up dirt on his political rival. Then he lied about it until his email came to light.

If there was nothing wrong with the 100's of meetings between the trump campaign and Russia why lie about it?
And if there were a conspiracy the thousands of work hours devoted to the investigation would have found something. I don't care for lies by the Trump crowd either, but they are not an excuse to give Biden a pass.

"Censorship" remains apt, although "corruption" might apply better to what I would call a "combination in restraint of journalism." I'm just curious whether Joe lied, and if so, why.
Yes, corruption is certainly defined as, "The media didn't cover a story like I want them to."

I'm curious if Pence is actually gay. I suspect he is. Oddly the "corrupt" media haven't done the investigative journalism necessary to answer my question. Damn corrupt media!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
The Media’s Hunter Biden Conundrum
17 hours ago

". . . . More specifically, Bobulinski’s story and the email evidence both suggest that Joe Biden took at least enough interest in his son’s dealings to have a meeting during the Trump presidency with his business partners. This isn’t proof that he partnered with Hunter or profited in any way, but it seems like evidence that he wasn’t particularly worried about keeping his son’s sketchy salesmanship at arm’s length. That seems like information worth knowing: not a scandal on a par with some of Trump’s, not a front-page bold-type screaming headline, but something that belongs in the pages of a newspaper, because it’s interesting news.
This is the problem with Twitter’s censorious choices, and with an expanding mainstream-press definition of what counts as disinformation and distraction. They compromise the first duty of an independent press, which is to ground any moral crusading in the most capacious possible portrait of the world as it actually exists."

Attachments

• 1603853235969.png
    1603853235969.png
    748 bytes · Views: 0
Yes, corruption is certainly defined as, "The media didn't cover a story like I want them to."

I'm curious if Pence is actually gay. I suspect he is. Oddly the "corrupt" media haven't done the investigative journalism necessary to answer my question. Damn corrupt media!!

". . . The first is that the decision by Twitter to attempt to shut down the circulation of the New York Post story, which looked bad when it was made, looks even worse now that we have more of the back story and more evidence in view. At this point we can posit with some certainty that The Post’s story was not some sort of sweeping Russian disinformation plot but a more normal example of late-dropping opposition research, filtered through a partisan lens and a tabloid sensibility, weaving genuine facts into contestable conclusions. It was, in other words, analogous to all kinds of contested anti-Trump stories that various media outlets have run with across the last four crazy years — from the publicity around the Steele dossier’s wilder rumors to the tales of Michael Cohen’s supposed Prague rendezvous to the claims that Russians hacked Vermont’s power grid or even C-SPAN. . . . "

The defense of Biden has been that the allegations are Russian disinformation. The WSJ is pulling on that thread.
No, that's false. That might be A defense, but "the" defense I've seen most often is the allegations are bullshit backed by nothing, and that even if genuine the emails don't show corruption, or a hint of it. That's been my "defense" as you know.

No, that's false. That might be A defense, but "the" defense I've seen most often is the allegations are bullshit backed by nothing, and that even if genuine the emails don't show corruption, or a hint of it. That's been my "defense" as you know.

". . . As Matt Taibbi and other gadfly press critics have pointed out, it’s hard to come up with any reasonable social-media rule that would justify the suppression of The Post’s story that couldn’t just as easily be applied to all the pieces of conspiratorial Trump-Russia reportage that didn’t pan out, or the Julie Swetnick allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, or various scoops based on technically illegal leaks. That capriciousness is a bad sign for the project of harnessing social media giants to filter out disinformation; it suggests that any filter would inevitably feel partisan, partial and obviously reverse-engineered. . . . "

Couldn't have said it better myself.
17 hours ago

". . . . More specifically, Bobulinski’s story and the email evidence both suggest that Joe Biden took at least enough interest in his son’s dealings to have a meeting during the Trump presidency with his business partners. This isn’t proof that he partnered with Hunter or profited in any way, but it seems like evidence that he wasn’t particularly worried about keeping his son’s sketchy salesmanship at arm’s length. That seems like information worth knowing: not a scandal on a par with some of Trump’s, not a front-page bold-type screaming headline, but something that belongs in the pages of a newspaper, because it’s interesting news.
This is the problem with Twitter’s censorious choices, and with an expanding mainstream-press definition of what counts as disinformation and distraction. They compromise the first duty of an independent press, which is to ground any moral crusading in the most capacious possible portrait of the world as it actually exists."

Ross notes that the NYT "censored" the story by covering it, and Ross is also censoring it by covering it, or something. I think I have it right. Corrupt media!

". . . As Matt Taibbi and other gadfly press critics have pointed out, it’s hard to come up with any reasonable social-media rule that would justify the suppression of The Post’s story that couldn’t just as easily be applied to all the pieces of conspiratorial Trump-Russia reportage that didn’t pan out, or the Julie Swetnick allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, or various scoops based on technically illegal leaks. That capriciousness is a bad sign for the project of harnessing social media giants to filter out disinformation; it suggests that any filter would inevitably feel partisan, partial and obviously reverse-engineered. . . . "
Why did you quote me, ignore the post, to tell me again what Matt Taibbi thinks? I really don't care what he thinks. And if you don't like how Twitter handled the NYP story, boycott Twitter. Twitter isn't "the press" so it would be nice if you didn't quit moving the goal posts. Was "the press" in the form of NYT censoring the story by covering it, or what?

Ross notes that the NYT "censored" the story by covering it, and Ross is also censoring it by covering it, or something. I think I have it right. Corrupt media!

". . . But it also makes it reasonable for people who are not conservatives to worry about what stories they might be missing, if those same gatekeepers have an incentive to treat anything that originates outside those concentric circles as some combination of disinformation and partisan distraction.

Hence my third conclusion — that for those who feel this worry, the Hunter Biden controversy provides a clarifying case study. On the one hand, the new information is not the Biden-slaying blockbuster suggested by the New York Post headlines and some Trump supporters. But neither does it fit the description offered by NPR’s managing editor for news last week, explaining why they were only covering it as a media story: “We don’t want to waste our time on stories that are not really stories, and we don’t want to waste the listeners’ and readers’ time on stories that are just pure distractions.”. . . "

Why did you quote me, ignore the post, to tell me again what Matt Taibbi thinks? I really don't care what he thinks. And if you don't like how Twitter handled the NYP story, boycott Twitter. Twitter isn't "the press" so it would be nice if you didn't quit moving the goal posts. Was "the press" in the form of NYT censoring the story by covering it, or what?
I'm quoting Ross Douthat, not Taibbi. The point of his column is indeed that the NYT has dangerously and illegitimately censored the news.

And if there were a conspiracy the thousands of work hours devoted to the investigation would have found something. I don't care for lies by the Trump crowd either, but they are not an excuse to give Biden a pass.
Yeah I go round and round with you guys over the "nothing was found" bullshit. The difference is - I live in reality.

So I did watch the video and to say it "debunks" the laptop story and all that goes with it is ridiculous. If anything it highlights the moves being made in an extremely dangerous game. But the title alone will do its work. Some will look no further and believe the title. That someone else looked into it. And just as the video said, the data is there to see!!! It NEEDS to be investigated!!! What journalism used to involve. To uncover the truth!! Regardless of what an FBI that has been hostile to the President since before his election has done. What really bugs me and I am so sick of isnt peoples differing opinions. Its the disregard for what the consequences of the social infighting will be for Americas future as the free country so many have given their lives for Where we are all equal in the eyes of the law. So with that, if there is evidence that would land me, or YOU in jail or at a minimum subject to intensive investigation, so should it for a Senator, VP, or President. Current or ex!!! And to say that the evidence in the Biden Laptop ordeal do not qualify is a lie. Or the result of another incredibly serious situation currently weakening the very structure America itself. A bias, dishonest press willing to portay what it wants, how it wants, if it wants. Regardless to how important an issue and its consequences are or the effects resulting from how it is handled by them. There are few more serious accusations than collusion with hostile foreign govts. for money by acting govt. officers. That one MAY shortly be President should make the possibility terrifying!!!! That many claim Trump is guilty of. But that after 4 years of what must have been the most invasive and intensive investigation into any mans personal and business dealings ever, from 4th grade homework to yesterdays breakfast choice, has turned up nothing at all of substance. If it had Trump would be crucified with it. But the press either claim the Biden story is debunked, unworthy of interest, or all out ignore/censor it. Without any investigation by themselves at all. Leaving those that still foolishly trust traditional and many online media sources oblivious or misinformed as to the realities involved. In that the press in its current form can not be forgiven. They have sold out their country for views, clicks, or personal bias. Just as Biden appears to have done. Regardless of the elections outcome, the damage done to America because of greed, hate, lies, ignorance, and many more sins is a wound that may eventually be fatal. And those who have helped, who know that theyve lied, to themselves and others will I pray be asked to answer for it.

I'm quoting Ross Douthat, not Taibbi. The point of his column is indeed that the NYT has dangerously and illegitimately censored the news.
There's a lot of that going around these days.

Yeah I go round and round with you guys over the "nothing was found" bullshit. The difference is - I live in reality.

". . . . As Matt Taibbi and other gadfly press critics have pointed out, it’s hard to come up with any reasonable social-media rule that would justify the suppression of The Post’s story that couldn’t just as easily be applied to all the pieces of conspiratorial Trump-Russia reportage that didn’t pan out, or the Julie Swetnick allegations against Brett Kavanaugh, or various scoops based on technically illegal leaks. That capriciousness is a bad sign for the project of harnessing social media giants to filter out disinformation; it suggests that any filter would inevitably feel partisan, partial and obviously reverse-engineered. . . . "

While it may all be true, this is a bit breathless for my taste, but it shows what can happen when people think you're hiding something.

Third world censorship in the USA: 1000% Joe Biden is “the Big Guy” in China CCP dealings
The media are concealing a Bigger-than-Watergate scandal about the “leading” presidential candidate a week before the election in the most powerful nation on Earth.
How easy then is it for the same media to ignore thousands of independent scientists in an esoteric debate about radiative physics?
If Biden is elected, he will have to be removed from office.
History unfolding: Tony Bobulinski is a democrat who served his country, who had top secret clearance with the NSA and DOE.
Tucker Carlson:
“Never before in American history have more power centres combined to kill a legitimate news story …”
“Last night we experienced an extraordinary attempt to interfere with our reporting on the Biden family…”

Bobulinski went to the Biden camp in the last week, after they said this was Russian disinformation (calling Bobulinski a traitor effectively). He asked them to do the right thing. Their response (like concern trolls) was to warn him he’d have press trucks outside his house, he’d have to move, he could lose his job… “but basically” Rob Walker, the spouse of Jill Biden’s former top personal White House aide, told Tony Bobulinski “you’re just going to bury all of us, man” . . . .

LOL, I love how you right wingers believe unless the "press" follows right wing media into a cesspool, they're "censoring" the news. It's cute. And really dumb. You should know better. The NYT nor anyone else is obligated to suit yours and Taibbi's whims, or else they're "censoring" a story that's being reported all over the damn place.

LOL, I love how you right wingers believe unless the "press" follows right wing media into a cesspool, they're "censoring" the news. It's cute. And really dumb. You should know better. The NYT nor anyone else is obligated to suit yours and Taibbi's whims, or else they're "censoring" a story that's being reported all over the damn place.

". . . This means institutions like The Times or the Washington Post have a different kind of power than they did 30 years ago, but they have power all the same — including the power to contain almost any story that initially circulates on the right, and to shape the way the non-right-wing portions of the country receive it.
This, in turn, makes it reasonable for conservatives to fear the concentric circles of tech and media power — the possibility that social-media censorship, carried out “neutrally” by companies overwhelmingly staffed by liberals, will expand its reach with the vocal support of an increasingly consolidated and liberal group of mainstream-media gatekeepers.
But it also makes it reasonable for people who are not conservatives to worry about what stories they might be missing, if those same gatekeepers have an incentive to treat anything that originates outside those concentric circles as some combination of disinformation and partisan distraction. . . ."

Back
Top Bottom