• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Fabricates Part of U.S. Constitution

I'm not a news organization that is responsible for the information that comes to millions of people across America.

No, you are human, and make minor mistakes sometimes. The losers who write the screen captions at Fox are human too. They are also not very smart - that's why they're stuck writing screen captions on TV.

Fox is a ****ty, evil network. I despise them. They frequently lie. But this wasn't one of their lies, it was an innocent mistake. Focusing on it just takes attention from their real lies, and gives its craven defenders ammunition to say that criticism of the real lies is just a bunch of idiocy over nothing, like this is.

They are people too, but they are professionals at spreading information. I'm just some guy on the forum.

Yes, they should be held to a higher standard for mistakes. That doesn't mean their mistakes aren't mistakes, and rather are deliberate. They're not. Sometimes Fox lies, sometimes it just ****s up.

No, you are human, and make minor mistakes sometimes. The losers who write the screen captions at Fox are human too. They are also not very smart - that's why they're stuck writing screen captions on TV.
:lamo

Fox is a ****ty, evil network. I despise them. They frequently lie. But this wasn't one of their lies, it was an innocent mistake. Focusing on it just takes attention from their real lies, and gives its craven defenders ammunition to say that criticism of the real lies is just a bunch of idiocy over nothing, like this is.
Point taken. I'm pretty cynical about FOX, and ready to jump on them for lying because they have in the past. I guess even liars **** up.

Did they correct their mistake?

To my knowledge Fox never does.

As someone who rails against deceptive persuasive messaging, its part and parcel of being the propaganda arm of the Repub party. Selling conservatives what they want to buy. Confirmation bias and all that.

I've grown quite sick of MSNBC because they've been becoming Fox for the Dems. But I've seen Maddow more than once issue clear and open corrections of reports that it turned out were incorrect. NOT something I've seen on Fox.

Why do I have a feeling that would be because you never even WATCH FNC?

The very idea that there are thinking individuals in the nation who actually look to FOX, MSNBC, CNN, ABC or CBS for news is either laughter inducing or will drive one to tears.

Edited for reality, truth and complete honesty.

Looks more like a typo, than an actual fabrication.

None of us have ever done that. Right?

This **** cracks me up! Even when it has been proven that the mistake was a typo, the Fox News bashers continue to beat their drum over this. But instead of looking at this without their rose-colored glasses, they continue to spin, spin, spin.

FOX news leans right - no one is arguing that they don't. MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC and even ABC leans left - no one can honestly make an argument that they don't. There is no "unbiased" news source left in the US television media, period. But to watch the most partisan of partisans continue to bash FOX while giving the other media outlets who do the same things a free pass is nothing short of pathetic. Even when every argument you have brought up has been shot down, you continue to harp and bring up something else, only to have that shot down as well. There is no network that is unbiased and doesn't lean one way or the other. If you want the truth, you need to watch a little bit of everything and put the truth somewhere in the middle of all that, and even then you still might not have found the truth.

Why do I have a feeling that would be because you never even WATCH FNC?

Used to. Pretty regular. Other outlets as well, because a "global" method is the only way to come close to understanding.

Lately I don't watch much tv news.

I spend enough time here to have heard about the news I'm interested in HERE before it hits the cable networks. "Been there, done that", most of the time.

Fox is the news from a Republican perspective. MSNBC is rapidly becoming the news from a Democrat perspective.

Both go beyond the comfort of confirmation bias to blatant information manipulation.

This **** cracks me up! Even when it has been proven that the mistake was a typo [...]
No such thing has been proven.

Typing "haer" for "hear" is a typo.

Typing "U.S. Constitution Article 28" for "U.S.C. 28" is a moron.

Last edited:
No such thing has been proven.

Typing "haer" for "hear" is a typo.

Typing "U.S. Constitution Article 28" for "U.S.C. 28" is a moron.

I thought that was spelled "moran."

This **** cracks me up! Even when it has been proven that the mistake was a typo, the Fox News bashers continue to beat their drum over this. But instead of looking at this without their rose-colored glasses, they continue to spin, spin, spin.

FOX news leans right - no one is arguing that they don't. MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC and even ABC leans left - no one can honestly make an argument that they don't. There is no "unbiased" news source left in the US television media, period. But to watch the most partisan of partisans continue to bash FOX while giving the other media outlets who do the same things a free pass is nothing short of pathetic. Even when every argument you have brought up has been shot down, you continue to harp and bring up something else, only to have that shot down as well. There is no network that is unbiased and doesn't lean one way or the other. If you want the truth, you need to watch a little bit of everything and put the truth somewhere in the middle of all that, and even then you still might not have found the truth.

Fox doesn't 'lean' right. Fox is the communication wing of the Republican Party. There's a difference.

Fox doesn't 'lean' right. Fox is the communication wing of the Republican Party. There's a difference.

And you have proof of this? Please do share it with all of us so we can judge for ourselves will you? I mean it shouldn't be difficult to have proof of such a claim should it?

And you have proof of this? Please do share it with all of us so we can judge for ourselves will you? I mean it shouldn't be difficult to have proof of such a claim should it?

Name any other news media outlet who, in the past year, has employed 3+ people who were running or thought of running for president.

1) Sarah Palin
2) Mike Huckabee
3) Newt Gingrich (right?)
4) Santorum

That's a little ridiculous, don't you think?

Name any other news media outlet who, in the past year, has employed 3+ people who were running or thought of running for president.

1) Sarah Palin
2) Mike Huckabee
4) Santorum

It's called being fair and balanced. :roll:

:coffeepap

Alright...time to put this Elena Kagan recusal issue to rest.

I was doing some research in an effort to better understand the details behind why the GOP wants Justice Kagan to recuse herself from the upcoming Supreme Court health care case and came across the (chain of) emails (w/attachments) House Rep. Lamar Smith requested via the FOIA (which he also has access to since the emails are linked to the linked Washington Post article). I'll cut right to the chase...

Page 8 of email chain (Re: Health care litigation meeting) - Illustrates the chain of communications where Thomas J. Perrelli communicates to Katyal Neal his request to assemble a health care policy team to prepare for litigation (presumably for the SC fight they knew was coming). Katyal Neal then emails Elena Kagan hinting that he believed she should attend the meeting. Kagan then emails Neal back asking for his phone number. The email next in the chain (presumably) blacks out Neal's phone number.

Pages 13, 44 and 63 of email chain (Re: HCR Litigation) - Tracy Schmaler asked Katyal Neal directly if Kagan was involved with the SG's office on HCR (health care reform) litigation. Neal's reply - NO.

Page 51 of email chain (Re: Recusals (Not Urgent)) - Kagan answers question concerning "time intervals" (presumably of when she received certain cases and/or information closely linked to health care issues) that in Neal's opinion may get called into question and require her to recuse herself from any future cases.

Page 60 of email chain (Re: CVSGs) - Kagan chaired meeting for both sides, but emails clearly state she was not involved in neither the Virginia Commonwealth ligitation nor the Providence Hospital case.

Page 62 of email chain (Re: Elena's name on briefs, oops, appeals rec) - Kagan's cases turned over to Katyal Neal as Acting SG.

Where USC Title 28, para. 455 is concerned:

Where he has served in governmental employment and in such capacity participated as counsel, adviser or material witness concerning the proceeding or expressed an opinion concerning the merits of the particular case in controversy

Based on the emails, it doesn't appear that Kagan received draft copies of material relevant to the HCR defense strategy, but she did receive draft copies of letters on litigation pertaining to the Senate drug bill mentioned, as well as a copy of the Virginia Commonwealth's appeal. I don't think those items of themselves would be enough to force her to recuse herself, however, unless it can be shown that she discussed at great length and in great detail legal defense strategy on HCR after the VC appeal went forward, I can't see any reason for her to recuse herself based on the emails provided. (Of course, I'm not an attorney...)

So, there you have it, folks. From what I could tell, her legal team worked extremely hard to keep her informed of legal issues as a matter of routine as SG but not involved in legal issues pertaining to HCR matters. The only sticking point might be her chairing both sides of a legal review, but that's about it.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

1) Sarah Palin
2) Mike Huckabee
4) Santorum

This is your "proof"? Really? You didn't just move the goalposts, you stole them. :lamo

How about the fact that it is run by Roger Ailes, a guy who was in charge of selling three of the past four Republican presidents to the public and one of the undisputed founders of modern political gamesmanship?

Back
Top Bottom