• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Four Years Ago?

[B]Are We Better Off Than Four Years Ago[/B]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are retired, and can afford to stay and live our remaining days in peace on four and a half acres of prime view property.
I wouldn't leave sunny CA. unless I had to live right next door to a Trump hater.
You and every person with the ability to discern know darn well what is heading our way for at least the next 2 years. I have really enjoyed the low gas prices and lower utilities over the past couple of years but that is about to change due to the policies this new administration is pushing. The gas prices and utilities are going to start going up. And when gasoline goes up food costs go up. Changing minimum wage to 15.00 will also cause the cost of food to increase. Good times.

Which countries DID stop it in a year? We as a people blew off masking, and isolation, etc. As Pogo once said: “We have met the enemy and he is US"

None, it has not stopped, it has been better managed elsewhere, Trump spent a year denying its risk potential at first then failed in handling it always playing down how bad it had become in the middle of that year, then in his last days he just totally abandoned even pretending to care or be doing anything useful about handling the Pandemic with the exception of his taking credit, sometimes taking full credit, for the few successes that took place DESPITE his near criminal incompetence of leadership.

Is the country better off now than four years ago?

Nope

4 more years of way... too high legal immigration and being 17th in the word in EDUCATION is starting to show

Four years ago I had a sweet wife. November 20th of 2020 she tested positive for COVID-19. Tomorrow I will be calling the crematorium to arrange to pick up her urn. So my view about being better off now or four years ago just might be a little skewed.

Did she die of covid-19? Did she have any other health issues? My sincerest condolences for your lose.

Nope

4 more years of way... too high legal immigration and being 17th in the word in EDUCATION is starting to show

I see what you did there..........

Which countries DID stop it in a year? We as a people blew off masking, and isolation, etc. As Pogo once said: “We have met the enemy and he is US"

The info is out there for anyone who wants to know the answer.

The WHO Dashboard lays it all out there, in both numerical and graphic format.
In Australia and New Zealand, life is beginning to return to normal right now.
South Korea, which is dotted with many large and dense cities and urban settings like our own, only has 72,729 confirmed cases and 1,264 deaths, with a population of 52 million.

The reason we are at 23,556,676 confirmed cases and 392,641 deaths is because we insist on politicizing it.
And our shitty president doesn't even mind that anti-vax groups received more than $800,000 in PPP loans from his administration.

The groups that received the loans are The National Vaccine Information Center, Mercola Com Health Resources LLC, Informed Consent Action Network, Children’s Health Defense Co., and the Tenpenny Integrative Medical Center, according to the Center for Countering Digital Hate, a U.K.-based advocacy group that fights misinformation, which conducted the research using public documents. The group relied on data released in early December by the Small Business Administration in response to a lawsuit from The Washington Post and other news organizations.
Several of the Facebook pages of these organizations have by penalized by the social network, including being prohibited from buying advertising, for pushing misinformation about COVID-19.

It's pretty simple, our leadership taught a third of our population to cram their heads up their own butts and it appears they even paid for the glass belly buttons so all these cranio-rectal inversion people could see well enough to invade our Capitol.

head_up_ass1.jpg

Hmm... how is red state Texas with 110 deaths per 100K people worse (more of a shit hole?) than blue state New York with 206 deaths per 100K people?

You do realize that by continuing to pit red versus blue states you're doing Jared's bidding?

Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

The logic, a source told Vanity Fair, was that the virus would hit Democratic-voting areas hardest and that the damage could be blamed on governors instead.

So, the longer we refuse to view this as a national problem, requiring a uniform national approach, and a spirit of cooperation, the longer we're going to be in Hell. Seems about a third of this country figures that's not good enough, we need to also be in a Civil War, too.

I didn’t use comps, I said red states are viral shit holes. This is not arguable at this stage with so many infections nationally.

This is not a blue/red state issue. That has been the most unpatriotic hot take you guys have grabbed on to. That was before you cheered on an actual insurrection.

Not sure I want to tag @ttwtt78640 with that because so far I don't think I've seen him rubbing his hands together with glee over the Second Civil War.
But yes, politicizing this does play right into Trump's hands, and it's damn well unamerican.

You do realize that by continuing to pit red versus blue states you're doing Jared's bidding?

Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

The logic, a source told Vanity Fair, was that the virus would hit Democratic-voting areas hardest and that the damage could be blamed on governors instead.

So, the longer we refuse to view this as a national problem, requiring a uniform national approach, and a spirit of cooperation, the longer we're going to be in Hell. Seems about a third of this country figures that's not good enough, we need to also be in a Civil War, too.

Hmm... was that statement of (inconvenient?) facts somehow uncooperative? If we are expected to ignore reality in order to become suitably cooperative (i.e. allow ever more federal power) then that is a scary situation.

Not sure I want to tag @ttwtt78640 with that because so far I don't think I've seen him rubbing his hands together with glee over the Second Civil War.
But yes, politicizing this does play right into Trump's hands, and it's damn well unamerican.

Pointing out factual differences in the results of varying state policy decisions is not unAmerican. Having (up to) 50 different state polices allows everyone to see differences in their results, allowing each state to make adjustments based on that information. Having one (Trump or Biden?) uniform national policy could turn out to be wonderful, but it also could turn out to be terrible.

Pointing out factual differences in the results of varying state policy decisions is not unAmerican. Having (up to) 50 different state polices allows everyone to see differences in their results, allowing each state to make adjustments based on that information. Having one (Trump or Biden?) uniform national policy could turn out to be wonderful, but it also could turn out to be terrible.

Nope, it will not turn out to be terrible. It's how other countries that enjoy some measure of success are doing it and, to a large extent, it's often the method WE taught them decades ago.
If there are problems, most of them will be in the form of refuseniks.
And at this stage, the bulk of the refusenik excuses resemble people who "think they have a right to drive drunk at night with their headlights switched off".

And the only thing having 50 separate policies has done is create Kristy Noems, who do exactly NOTHING, while allowing super-spread, saying "God will take care of it".
Well, God taking care of it comes in the form of scientists who know what to do, but I guess she's not actually listening to God.

The info is out there for anyone who wants to know the answer.

The WHO Dashboard lays it all out there, in both numerical and graphic format.
In Australia and New Zealand, life is beginning to return to normal right now.
South Korea, which is dotted with many large and dense cities and urban settings like our own, only has 72,729 confirmed cases and 1,264 deaths, with a population of 52 million.

The reason we are at 23,556,676 confirmed cases and 392,641 deaths is because we insist on politicizing it.
And our shitty president doesn't even mind that anti-vax groups received more than $800,000 in PPP loans from his administration.

The groups that received the loans are The National Vaccine Information Center, Mercola Com Health Resources LLC, Informed Consent Action Network, Children’s Health Defense Co., and the Tenpenny Integrative Medical Center, according to the Center for Countering Digital Hate, a U.K.-based advocacy group that fights misinformation, which conducted the research using public documents. The group relied on data released in early December by the Small Business Administration in response to a lawsuit from The Washington Post and other news organizations.
Several of the Facebook pages of these organizations have by penalized by the social network, including being prohibited from buying advertising, for pushing misinformation about COVID-19.

It's pretty simple, our leadership taught a third of our population to cram their heads up their own butts and it appears they even paid for the glass belly buttons so all these cranio-rectal inversion people could see well enough to invade our Capitol.

head_up_ass1.jpg
LOL, not what I asked. How many Koreans defied lock down orders and when on a summer full of beach parties, urban riots and mask protests. Ironic you’d mentioned politicizing COVID when you’re the guys doing it. Your “undisclosed” lean fools no one.

Hmm... was that statement of (inconvenient?) facts somehow uncooperative? If we are expected to ignore reality in order to become suitably cooperative (i.e. allow ever more federal power) then that is a scary situation.

Power? What on Earth does that mean?
We have been through this before, we HAD a national response to several epidemic outbreaks not very long ago, and you're almost freaking out about some mythical "power?" and normalizing Kushner's plan, which was pure evil for the sole purpose of fluffing Trump's mushroom?
Dude, you are definitely smarter than that.
And by cooperative, I mean to drop all the civil war bullshit.
Sorry, but these civil war folks might not be acting very American but the overwhelming majority need to try doing the right thing again.
And you're old enough to understand what I mean.

We have a vaccination site already going up ahead of time right now, just 500 yards from my house, and I am already seeing both state AND federal resources being deployed. I finally stopped and asked someone.
They said that they initially thought it was going to be a long while before it was ready, but that as of the day before, he'd gotten word to expect a big boost and a lot more help in the next three weeks, and that California has been communicating back channel to forge a good relationship and to be ready to go on 46 Day One.

Again, I think the two of us have communicated enough that I KNOW you understand what I am talking about, it's a positive, not a negative. It is heavy lifting, and it's needed.
If the Yellowstone Caldera blew its top, 27 states would be in very serious trouble.
Would anyone in their right mind start carping about big evil gubmint power?
Or what if there was a nuclear attack?

LOL, not what I asked. How many Koreans defied lock down orders and when on a summer full of beach parties, urban riots and mask protests. Ironic you’d mentioned politicizing COVID when you’re the guys doing it. Your “undisclosed” lean fools no one.

That's crazy talk. We're the ones asking people to do the right thing, wear the masks, wash hands, social distance, stop holding super-spreader events, stop coughing in people's faces, etc.
Which Jeff H Checkers are you even talking about? Maybe a cardboard cutout in the living room?
Sure as shit ain't this Jeff.

That's crazy talk. We're the ones asking people to do the right thing, wear the masks, wash hands, social distance, stop holding super-spreader events, stop coughing in people's faces, etc.
And how many ignored those requests? That’s the point. You don’t find that level of independence and rebellion in South Korea
Checkerboard Strangler said:
Which Jeff H Checkers are you even talking about? Maybe a cardboard cutout in the living room?
Sure as shit ain't this Jeff.
Huh?

Back
Top Bottom