• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley ‘mortified’ by Biden asking China for help with Russia

The money and power gravy train for US politicians.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You elected one!

Is she wrong? Russia and China are relatively good terms.
Aren't people more willing to accept criticism from friends than enemies, generally?

No you didn't; you just made some stupid partisan crap up with zero corroboration.
Dude, he has repeatedly used the term "Biden pukes." What more do you want - that alone is proof positive his posts are indisputable and without peer when it comes to hard hitting, insightful commentary grounded in reason and realpolitik!

"Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, who served under Donald Trump, criticised President Joe Biden on Sunday over reports that the president and his team had urged China’s government behind the scenes to help persuade Moscow against going to war in Ukraine.

Speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press, the former South Carolina governor and potential 2024 GOP candidate said that she operated under the assumption that China’s government shared most if not all intelligence with Russia.

"You never ask an enemy for help with another enemy. I never told China anything I didn't want Russia to know,” she told NBC."

Link

What do want to bet that Haley has no clue that FDR and Churchill worked with Stalin to defeat Hitler?
Oh fercrissake. This one is worse than the 'trump-jokes-us-should-put-the-chinese-flag-on-f-22-fighter-jets-and-bomb-the-s-out-of-russia." thread.

"Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, who served under Donald Trump, criticised President Joe Biden on Sunday over reports that the president and his team had urged China’s government behind the scenes to help persuade Moscow against going to war in Ukraine.

Speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press, the former South Carolina governor and potential 2024 GOP candidate said that she operated under the assumption that China’s government shared most if not all intelligence with Russia.

"You never ask an enemy for help with another enemy. I never told China anything I didn't want Russia to know,” she told NBC."

Link

What do want to bet that Haley has no clue that FDR and Churchill worked with Stalin to defeat Hitler?

China is Russia's buddy, if China turned on them, Russia would be completely cut off. anyway, she's just a POS Trump flunkie

That is not what happened, at a minimum interesting spin.

What we know is China knew more than they were letting on the entire time, and we have enough intelligence reporting to show China asked Russia not to invade Ukraine until after the winter olympics.

The "chance worth taking" was asinine, and China has their own ambitions as evidenced by a long term territorial dispute with eyes also on Taiwan.

Again, I am no supporter or champion for Nikky Haley but she is right on this one.

US / west responses have been reactionary, just making decisions as needed with no clear overarching plan. We are still buying Russian oil, and it is lunacy, all because the far left would lose their collective shit if we had to drill a little more just to further isolate and harm Russia's economy.

I agree with you that China clearly knows more than they are telling. However I don't see the harm in speaking with them to try to get them to discourage Russia.

This is the sort of nonsense that today's Democrats get dead wrong, emphasis on dead for vast numbers of Ukrainian people.

While I am no fan of Nikki Haley she is right on this one even if by accident. It was monumentally stupid to assume that China would do something about Russia other than telling them everything they learn. Damn near coordination on when to invade and why including assumption of US / west responses.

Who is really watching all this is China who have their own ambitions.
I'm also no fan of Nikki Haley, but she was right on a number of things in this particular interview, IMO.

I find a mortified Nikki Haley hilarious.

I guess Nikki Haley didn't learn anything about diplomacy during her tenure at the U.N. Diplomacy is the art of using your international relations to provide a desirable outcome. Those relations include enemies as well as allies.
That's what I said when Trump visited with lil Kim

Why on Earth would it be a problem to ask China to weigh in? Is this literally just some dumb macho shit about asking for help?

We bailed out the USSR in WW2. We gave them massive anounts of weapons and planes and tanks. We bombed strategically for them against the Nazis. Look what ended up happening. Half of Europe got swallowed up by them. Lesson learned. Nikki Haley is right. China is already screwing us over Russia.
I'm not understanding something here.

How does USA trying not to repeat the mistakes it made in being friendly to the USSR after WWII have anything to do with how we address China now where the Russia/Ukraine war is concerned?

All Pres. Biden is doing here is recognizing that Russia and China have strong economic and diplomatic ties and, as such, he's using every avenue of diplomacy at his disposal in an effort to stop the fighting including going to a trading partner of a geopolitical foe who also happens to be a strong trading partner with the U.S. and Europe. China's in a big driver's seat. So, it's highly unlikely they'll be persuaded to change their relationship with Russia, but at least Pres. Biden can say he tried every avenue of diplomacy he could to end the Russia/Ukraine war. To that, Nikki Haley is wrong and needs to go sit her "talking through her teeth" butt down somewhere.

Why on Earth would it be a problem to ask China to weigh in? Is this literally just some dumb macho shit about asking for help?

Nope, just partisan hacks pandering to other moronic, partisan hacks. So any criticism at Biden no matter what he does or doesn't do.

China is more manipulative then Russia under Putzin. In other words, UNTRUSTWORTHY.

Hello, the U.S. made its intelligence publicly available. We wanted the Russians to know we knew. Was this woman awake during February?

China is more manipulative then Russia under Putzin. In other words, UNTRUSTWORTHY.
What harmful thing are you imagining they'd do in peace talks?

LOL, that is not remotely in China's interest to do.
What is in China's interests? LOL. Invading Taiwan? When are they going to do that? At an opportune time. Like when the west is involved in a war with Russia.

What is in China's interests? LOL. Invading Taiwan? When are they going to do that? At an opportune time. Like when the west is involved in a war with Russia.
No, let's stick to the thing you said. Tell me what you think China stands to gain from all of its customers going to war with each other and risking the end of civilization.

The Biden pukes didn't tell China anything they didn't want Russia to know, either.

In other words...they WANTED China to tell Russia about Ukraine joining NATO...which is what the Biden pukes had just told Ukraine that they could do.

Face it...this entire Russia/Ukraine situation was created by the Biden pukes. There is no disputing that.

The only question you need to ask yourself...if you are honest about this...is why.
I think this whole things was set In motion by Hunter Biden, or perhaps Kenya hiding Obama's birth certificate. Could even be tied to the pizza pedophile ring. Full story no doubt to be found on Hillary's laptop.

Back
Top Bottom