• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley ‘mortified’ by Biden asking China for help with Russia

There can be not good of using Russia to help us negotiate with Iran, or using China to help us negotiate with Russia. That's just insane. There has to be some nefarious reason for Biden and his administration to what to do this. $$$$$$$$$$Hunter!

"Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, who served under Donald Trump, criticised President Joe Biden on Sunday over reports that the president and his team had urged China’s government behind the scenes to help persuade Moscow against going to war in Ukraine.

Speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press, the former South Carolina governor and potential 2024 GOP candidate said that she operated under the assumption that China’s government shared most if not all intelligence with Russia.

"You never ask an enemy for help with another enemy. I never told China anything I didn't want Russia to know,” she told NBC."

Link

What do want to bet that Haley has no clue that FDR and Churchill worked with Stalin to defeat Hitler?

I guess Nikki Haley didn't learn anything about diplomacy during her tenure at the U.N. Diplomacy is the art of using your international relations to provide a desirable outcome. Those relations include enemies as well as allies.

1646622784307.png

"Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley, who served under Donald Trump, criticised President Joe Biden on Sunday over reports that the president and his team had urged China’s government behind the scenes to help persuade Moscow against going to war in Ukraine.

Speaking on NBC’s Meet the Press, the former South Carolina governor and potential 2024 GOP candidate said that she operated under the assumption that China’s government shared most if not all intelligence with Russia.

"You never ask an enemy for help with another enemy. I never told China anything I didn't want Russia to know,” she told NBC."

Link

What do want to bet that Haley has no clue that FDR and Churchill worked with Stalin to defeat Hitler?

Where was Haley's "self-righteous indignation" when President Trump announced to the world that he believed the word of Putin over that of own intelligence agencies?

Russia and China are only "friends" as long as it suits their purpose - during the Sino-Soviet split from 1956–1966, China stationed approximately 1.5 million troops along USSR border in preparation for a full-scale war!

Last edited:
No analogy is perfect. China is neither the Empire of Japan. But nor are they Stalin's USSR. It must be pointed out that the Soviet Union aligned himself with capitalist imperialists who he abhorred (Great Britain most especially) because he was locked in a war of survival against the Nazis. Putin has not launched an attack the People's Republic of China in the same manner that Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union.
That analogy was about as far from perfect as one could get. Russia and China have far more in common with one another than Japan and Germany ever did by a loooonnng shot. Geographically, culturally and politically. Germany and Japan were loose allies at best. They didn't coordinate or cooperate in terms of strategy and resources at anywhere near the level the way the Western allies did. Hitler didn't have any idea Japan was going to strike Pearl Harbor until after it happened. And actually in terms of strategic coordination Japan attacking Russia instead of the US and Western powers would've made more sense as far as supporting Germany's surprise offensive against Stalin and Russia. Although Stalin probably shouldn't have been surprised by Hitler's treachery if he had simply read Hitler's Mein Kampf. After that Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill formed an odd alliance along the lines of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least temporarily anyways. So if one was in search of an intermediary to try to dissuade Hitler from pursuing some reckless course of action. Who would be the one you might look to? Not Tojo or Hirohito that's for sure. They have nothing much in common with Hitler. So Stalin? The logic being the sheer size of Russia would appear to command some respect from Hitler. Although Mein Kampf makes it pretty clear that Hitler had no respect for the East European/Asian and Slavic peoples. Whom he considered to be inferior to the Germanic people and worthy only of having their land seized and being enslaved by them. You might have better luck with Mussolini because it was from him that Hitler learned the ropes of fascism and the seizing of political power and considered him a mentor in that regard. Perhaps even Churchill as Hitler and Germany had tried to court England into forming an Anglo - German alliance before the war and there were more than a few Royals and British government officials that had an affinity for Hitler and Germany as well.

Link

Uhhh, China took the info that Biden's people revealed to them, and passed it on to Russia. This is your FDR & Churchill? Exactly who is who, here?

Nikki Haley was not the most embarrassing UN Ambassador we ever had.

The dubious honor belongs to John Bolton.

Link

She's one of the evil triangulators. Morally bankrupt ****s like she and Chris Krustie think they can be president. Seriously. **** off Niki and eat poop. You're a toxic waste dump to this country. You're hurting your own fellow Americans. How do you sleep at night Chris and Niki? Seriously?!

She's one of the evil triangulators. Morally bankrupt ****s like she and Chris Krustie think they can be president. Seriously. **** off Niki and eat poop. You're a toxic waste dump to this country. You're hurting your own fellow Americans. How do you sleep at night Chris and Niki? Seriously?!
Do you have any content?

Link

All avenues towards negotiations should be explored.

Link

This is the sort of nonsense that today's Democrats get dead wrong, emphasis on dead for vast numbers of Ukrainian people.

While I am no fan of Nikki Haley she is right on this one even if by accident. It was monumentally stupid to assume that China would do something about Russia other than telling them everything they learn. Damn near coordination on when to invade and why including assumption of US / west responses.

Who is really watching all this is China who have their own ambitions.

Link

She is a moron. I'd bet that Biden spoken with and encouraged all major world leaders, and a lot of not so major ones, to help persuade Russia. As for not telling China anything we didn't want Russia to know - I'm guessing somehow Putin already heard we don't approve of his course of action.

This is the sort of nonsense that today's Democrats get dead wrong, emphasis on dead for vast numbers of Ukrainian people.

While I am no fan of Nikki Haley she is right on this one even if by accident. It was monumentally stupid to assume that China would do something about Russia other than telling them everything they learn. Damn near coordination on when to invade and why including assumption of US / west responses.

Who is really watching all this is China who have their own ambitions.
What does china learn by us asking them to help keep the peace? Why isolate them when they are probably Russias only real life line. If they strongly suggest Russia shouldn't be doing this, or if they started to sanction this ends in hours. Highly unlikely they wouldn't however, that is a chance worth taking.

What does china learn by us asking them to help keep the peace? Why isolate them when they are probably Russias only real life line. If they strongly suggest Russia shouldn't be doing this, or if they started to sanction this ends in hours. Highly unlikely they wouldn't however, that is a chance worth taking.

That is not what happened, at a minimum interesting spin.

What we know is China knew more than they were letting on the entire time, and we have enough intelligence reporting to show China asked Russia not to invade Ukraine until after the winter olympics.

The "chance worth taking" was asinine, and China has their own ambitions as evidenced by a long term territorial dispute with eyes also on Taiwan.

Again, I am no supporter or champion for Nikky Haley but she is right on this one.

US / west responses have been reactionary, just making decisions as needed with no clear overarching plan. We are still buying Russian oil, and it is lunacy, all because the far left would lose their collective shit if we had to drill a little more just to further isolate and harm Russia's economy.

The Biden pukes didn't tell China anything they didn't want Russia to know, either.

In other words...they WANTED China to tell Russia about Ukraine joining NATO...which is what the Biden pukes had just told Ukraine that they could do.

Face it...this entire Russia/Ukraine situation was created by the Biden pukes. There is no disputing that.

The only question you need to ask yourself...if you are honest about this...is why.
This is disturbingly stupid. Please explain Biden's alleged role in the creation of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine has been chasing NATO membership for years; you don't think China/Russia were aware of that? Your post is typically replete with ignorant shit.

What good thing do you think China could or would do in this? You expect China who wants to take Taiwan is going to intervene into Russia's take over of Ukraine? China needs the oil and gas and Russia needs the money. China is just hoping and waiting for NATO to invade Russia. That will absolutely be the green light for China to take Taiwan. This plan to give jets to Poland so Poland can give their MIGs to Ukraine is going to flame this war into a European war. This has me very concerned. I am upset with what Russia is doing but I absolutely do not want us drawn into a war.

This is disturbingly stupid. Please explain Biden's alleged role in the creation of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
I just did.

Can't you read?

Ukraine has been chasing NATO membership for years; you don't think China/Russia were aware of that?
Of course they were aware of that. Ukraine may have been chasing NATO membership, but they've never come close to catching it. It never became an invasion issue until the Biden pukes started manipulating everyone involved.

As I said, the Biden pukes created this mess.

I just did.

Can't you read?

Of course they were aware of that. Ukraine may have been chasing NATO membership, but they've never come close to catching it. It never became an invasion issue until the Biden pukes started manipulating everyone involved.

Utter garbage, and you know it! Of course you could provide evidence to support your idiotic claim, but I expect we'll be met with your predictable get out of jail card of 'dismissed'.

I just did.

Can't you read?

I don't think that is a fair assessment. This conflict between the ethnic Ukrainians and the ethnic Russians Ukrainians has been going on for hundreds of years and became worse with the breakup of the USSR. It was a cold civil war. Then Ukraine started making language laws and things that austrasized the Russian Ukrainians. Tensions grew in the Russian regions of Ukraine.

The government of Ukraine has always been corrupt on both sides.one get in power is pro west then corruption and then a new president wins who is pro Russia. Ukrainians revolt. Rinse and repeat.

Whomever was the US president this same stuff was likely to have happened. Can we get our noses a little bit out of it instead of a little bit more in it each day?

I don't think that is a fair assessment. This conflict between the ethnic Ukrainians and the ethnic Russians Ukrainians has been going on for hundreds of years and became worse with the breakup of the USSR. It was a cold civil war. Then Ukraine started making language laws and things that austrasized the Russian Ukrainians. Tensions grew in the Russian regions of Ukraine.
None of that is the reason Russia invaded this time.

I already told you the reason...it's about NATO membership.

The government of Ukraine has always been corrupt on both sides.one get in power is pro west then corruption and then a new president wins who is pro Russia. Ukrainians revolt. Rinse and repeat.
Yes. And the country that has been taking advantage of that corruption the most is the US. Politicians have gotten rich...at taxpayer expense...from Ukrainian corruption.

Whomever was the US president this same stuff was likely to have happened. Can we get our noses a little bit out of it instead of a little bit more in it each day?
It stopped happening under Trump.

Biden's pukes are making up for four years lost time...not to mention the push this stuff gives his "Green Deal" shit.

None of that is the reason Russia invaded this time.

I already told you the reason...it's about NATO membership.

Yes. And the country that has been taking advantage of that corruption the most is the US. Politicians have gotten rich...at taxpayer expense...from Ukrainian corruption.

It stopped happening under Trump.

Biden's pukes are making up for four years lost time...not to mention the push this stuff gives his "Green Deal" shit.
What stopped happening under Trump; Putin's ambitions for Ukraine? You think Putin thought Trump was anything other than an ineffectual blowhard? Putin thought Trump was a joke just like every other world leader did, and still does; I'll give him credit for that if nothing else.

another political stunt to appeal to Foxicans and nationalists.......she knows better than this......no modern day political figure, especially a former UN ambassador, does not understand that appealing to China or any other nation to stop the bloodshed is not a legitimate pursuit

another political stunt to appeal to Foxicans and nationalists.......she knows better than this......no modern day political figure, especially a former UN ambassador, does not understand that appealing to China or any other nation to stop the bloodshed is not a legitimate pursuit
I'm not so sure; given that Xi has Putin's ear, maybe China could actually help de-escalate. Weirder things have happened-like the USSR becoming our allies in WW2.

Back
Top Bottom