• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
[h=1]Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say[/h]As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-law...perate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

Woowwwwwwww

[h=1]Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen likely to cooperate as his attorneys leave case, sources say[/h]As attorneys for Michael Cohen rush to meet Judge Kimba Wood’s Friday deadline to complete a privilege review of over 3.7 million documents seized in the April 9 raids of Cohen’s New York properties and law office, a source representing this matter has disclosed to ABC News that the law firm handling the case for Cohen is not expected to represent him going forward.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-law...perate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

Woowwwwwwww

I wonder what they have on him. I saw a few other reports that he waiting to be arrested. Damn. He must have done a lot of illegal stuff.

Woowwwwwwww

Color me unsurprised, Cohen is a slimy POS, just like Trump. Slimy POS's roll on each other.

Can't be happy times in the WH right now.

I wonder what they have on him. I saw a few other reports that he waiting to be arrested. Damn. He must have done a lot of illegal stuff.

I think they're going after him for campaign finance laws and bank fraud.

But, can you imagine the treasure trove of illegal activity they uncovered in that raid?

When your legal argument is to claim that all of your material is ACP, and document review finds out that less than 1% is, you're probably caught with your pants down.

But, can you imagine the treasure trove of illegal activity they uncovered in that raid?

He has been accused of traveling to Europe to meet Russians. I wonder how much they actually have on him

Doning my tin foil hat.....

I sure hope he stays alive long enough to cooperate.

That sounds like good news. Transparency and cooperation are good, it's just sad some people require so much convincing to be good.

Really any mention of Cohen deserves a reminder of King Stupid's remarks on the matter:
Trump said:
“It’s an attack on our country in a true sense. It’s an attack on all we stand for,” the president said during a meeting with senior military leadership at the White House. “That is really now on a whole new level of unfairness.”
Attack on what we stand for? Attack on our country? LOL. Good stuff Donnie Dennison.

SheWolf said:
He has been accused of traveling to Europe to meet Russians. I wonder how much they actually have on him
Gosh, amidst the never-ending scandal and stupidity I completely forgot about that whole narrative.
Showing his passport as evidence he didn't have that secret meeting, only to find later he entered in another way...
I can't wait for all this to be revealed, so many loose ends and cliff hangers.

But they are fully transparent and cooperative, and it's a witch hunt.

Last edited:
That sounds like good news. Transparency and cooperation are good, it's just sad some people require so much convincing to be good.

Really any mention of Cohen deserves a reminder of King Stupid's remarks on the matter:

Attack on what we stand for? Attack on our country? LOL. Good stuff Donnie Dennison.

Gosh, amidst the never-ending scandal and stupidity I completely forgot about that whole narrative.
Showing his passport as evidence he didn't have that secret meeting, only to find later he entered in another way...
I can't wait for all this to be revealed, so many loose ends and cliff hangers.

But they are fully transparent and cooperative, and it's a witch hunt.

If Trump were innocent he would say, "I welcome this investigation which will clear my good name."

I sure do the transcripts of Cohen and Trumps conversations are released, ala the Nixon Tapes. Not that is would matter to the Adorables, the man ripped off disabled Vets and his supporters hand wave it away.

I sure do the transcripts of Cohen and Trumps conversations are released, ala the Nixon Tapes. Not that is would matter to the Adorables, the man ripped off disabled Vets and his supporters hand wave it away.

He ripped off students in a scam university too, and his supporters look the other way.

He ripped off students in a scam university too, and his supporters look the other way.

Exactly, most Vets I talked too were unaware of Trumps greed by ripping off out Vets, they know now !!

I haven't heard any real allegations of campaign finance law issues. The only link even hinted to the campaign is the Stormy Daniels settlement, and that's a weak case for a relatively minor potential crime.

The AG and Mueller said Cohen's case had to do with his business dealings, and they likely do. My guess is bank fraud related to lying about the value of his assets. We know for example, that he had millions in loans related to a network of taxicab companies operating a total of 30 cabs.

Woowwwwwwww

When you've long associated with Russian mobsters and money launderers, make tens of millions in a single day flipping properties for 3x the value you paid for them only 3 years ago, and are a known conduit for money laundering....

Well it doesn't take a genius.

I haven't heard any real allegations of campaign finance law issues. The only link even hinted to the campaign is the Stormy Daniels settlement, and that's a weak case for a relatively minor potential crime.

The AG and Mueller said Cohen's case had to do with his business dealings, and they likely do. My guess is bank fraud related to lying about the value of his assets. We know for example, that he had millions in loans related to a network of taxicab companies operating a total of 30 cabs.

If he flips we likely won't find out what they had on him, either.

Color me unsurprised, Cohen is a slimy POS, just like Trump. Slimy POS's roll on each other.

Can't be happy times in the WH right now.

Look at the company he keeps. They all are completely immoral and lack values.

Trump said of Kim, who is infamous for executions, torture and mass starvation and murdered family members, 'North Koreans love Kim and he's a nice guy.' North Koreans hate and fear him, and risk their lives to escape his murderous grip. For Trump to claim that Kim, a ruthless butcher of his own people, is loved tells us he has a broken moral compass. Like client like lawyer.

I'd venture to guess money laundering will be in there somewhere. From whom to where I won't guess. Seeing how he throws up front companies to "funnel" money around for others.

Last edited:

Trump is his only client so what else would you expect?

Look at the company he keeps. They all are completely immoral and lack values.

Trump said of Kim, who is infamous for executions, torture and mass starvation and murdered family members, 'North Koreans love Kim and he's a nice guy.' North Koreans hate and fear him, and risk their lives to escape his murderous grip. For Trump to claim that Kim, a ruthless butcher of his own people, is loved tells us he has a broken moral compass. Like client like lawyer.

Trump was just buttering Kim up by slathering him with compliments. What makes that odd is that his penchant for ****ting on all our allies regularly at the same time. "Art of the Deal" bullcrap I suppose.

I'd venture to guess money laundering will be in there somewhere. From whom to where I won't guess. Seeing how he throws up front companies to "funnel" money around for others.

We'll see, but I doubt it. Most people who throw the term around don't know what it means. Moving money to conceal it's source isn't in itself illegal. Money laundering would be moving money to conceal the fact it is proceeds of certain types of criminal activity. I haven't heard any indication that Cohen is involved in that type of criminal enterprise. More likely it's old fashioned fraud.

We'll see, but I doubt it. Most people who throw the term around don't know what it means. Moving money to conceal it's source isn't in itself illegal. Money laundering would be moving money to conceal the fact it is proceeds of certain types of criminal activity. I haven't heard any indication that Cohen is involved in that type of criminal enterprise. More likely it's old fashioned fraud.

Could be. I'm glad Mueller is running a tight-lipped investigation but dammit... I wish I could get his daily updates.

I mean we have no idea what he'll be charged with because he hasn't even been arrested yet. But it appears that we all know it'll be something serious.

Woowwwwwwww

I just read this before coming here and these paragraphs stood out ...

Cohen, who is under federal investigation now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in Manhattan, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.
Two sources who are familiar with a warrant in the case told ABC News in April that federal agents were hunting for records tied to Cohen’s personal business dealings and secret deals with alleged mistresses, media organizations and the 2016 presidential campaign.​

If true and if it has anything to do with the 2016 campaign Mueller would have kept it.
This still appears to be "business" related.

Woowwwwwwww

Hannity and Trump are sweating bullets today.

Back
Top Bottom