• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Trump's New Supporters

As I said, I can list enough legitimate reasons to support Hillary. I have YET to see a new Trump supporter (the point of this thread) to do the same.

Well, if a Hillary supporter says that he or she knows of no "legitimate" reasons to support Trump then it can only be due to bad faith on their part. The economy, jobs, and growth are the main issues with which Trump gained his support. He opposes illegal immigration because it steals jobs from Americans. He opposes free trade and offshoring because it steals jobs from Americans. Liberals don't care about these issues that are so important to ordinary Americans. Trump is crass and crude, but where else do Americans go to find someone who cares about what they care about? There is no one else, certainly not the establishment Republicans.

Well, if a Hillary supporter says that he or she knows of no "legitimate" reasons to support Trump then it can only be due to bad faith on their part. The economy, jobs, and growth are the main issues with which Trump gained his support. He opposes illegal immigration because it steals jobs from Americans. He opposes free trade and offshoring because it steals jobs from Americans. Liberals don't care about these issues that are so important to ordinary Americans. Trump is crass and crude, but where else do Americans go to find someone who cares about what they care about? There is no one else, certainly not the establishment Republicans.
the implication is liberals cannot also be ordinary Americans. i will assume liberals are then found to be extraordinary Americans who have no concern about the economy, availability of jobs, or sustaining economic growth
who knew?!

Yes, absolutely. Trump has proven that his has no ideology whatsoever, there is no gaurentee of anything that he will do.

His ideology appears to be strict ethno-nationalism with an authoritarian/big government twist.

I don't believe that she was claiming that they aren't legitimate reasons. I know that I certainly and explicitly mentioned them as legitimate reasons in my OP.

CPWill, as well as myself, are merely curious to hear the other justifications - to see if there are any "good enough reasons" to support Trump beyond those two she mentioned.

Again, "lesser of evils" has always been an outstanding and dependable reason for making a choice.
Having to resort to only that reason may affect enthusiasm but not choice.

But even "lesser of evils" as a reason may also simply be a recognition that one candidate isn't perfect while the other one has achieved their positions through scurrilous & dangerous practices.
That may lead to "lesser of evils" accompanied by enthusiasm.

What do you know that suggests Trump's appointments would be any better? We know this guy stays with his buddies

Trump has proposed (produced?) a list of possibilities while Hillary has mentioned Obama as one. ;)

First, I never said that there are no legitimate reasons to support Trump. I said that I have yet to see a New Trump Supporter give me one on this thread. You are merely pointing to reasons that original Trump supporters were drawn to him and partly why they have remained so loyal despite him being "crass and crude" (great trait for a President by the way). You supported Trump from the beginning - you are part of the irrational core group of supporters that my OP references. And I base that clearly on the fact that you've painted over all of the actual quotes that he has said in exchange for a watered down and twisted version to make the positions seem rational. For example, you mention that he "opposes free trade and offshoring because it steals jobs from America" while failing to mention that his proposal to deal with off-shoring is a 45% ****ing tariff on those companies. Seriously? You are EXPLICITLY asking for a trade war at that point. But you don't care so long as "America comes first."

Please.

By this point in the thread, the only reasonable and legitimate reason that I have seen for supporting Trump from a new Trump supporter (and this guy is currently only on the fence) is that he believes the SC selection from Trump would be better than Hillary's. Why that's the case is beyond me considering that Trump has issued a list of really conservative judges that he would appoint AND expressed confidence that his liberal sister of a judge would make a good SC selection.

the implication is liberals cannot also be ordinary Americans. i will assume liberals are then found to be extraordinary Americans who have no concern about the economy, availability of jobs, or sustaining economic growth
who knew?!

So how does this concern manifest itself in policy?

So how does this concern manifest itself in policy?

it doesn't
it provides insight into the posts of another
someone who insists liberals cannot be ordinary Americans

First, I never said that there are no legitimate reasons to support Trump. I said that I have yet to see a New Trump Supporter give me one on this thread. You are merely pointing to reasons that original Trump supporters were drawn to him and partly why they have remained so loyal despite him being "crass and crude" (great trait for a President by the way). You supported Trump from the beginning - you are part of the irrational core group of supporters that my OP references. And I base that clearly on the fact that you've painted over all of the actual quotes that he has said in exchange for a watered down and twisted version to make the positions seem rational. For example, you mention that he "opposes free trade and offshoring because it steals jobs from America" while failing to mention that his proposal to deal with off-shoring is a 45% ****ing tariff on those companies. Seriously? You are EXPLICITLY asking for a trade war at that point. But you don't care so long as "America comes first."

Please.

By this point in the thread, the only reasonable and legitimate reason that I have seen for supporting Trump from a new Trump supporter (and this guy is currently only on the fence) is that he believes the SC selection from Trump would be better than Hillary's. Why that's the case is beyond me considering that Trump has issued a list of really conservative judges that he would appoint AND expressed confidence that his liberal sister of a judge would make a good SC selection.

To begin with, I'm not a Trump supporter. Never have been. A brief review of my posts will confirm this.

Trying to inject truth into the discussion does not equate to support for one candidate or another. There is a serious lacking of truth on the side of Hillary supporters.

And again you wax high and mighty about the irrationality of Trump support while glossing over the irrationality of supporting a woman who is a crook and a liar. You have been completely unable to address this problem. There is no point in continuing this discussion until you do. Good day to you.

Wrong again, voting for either is Stupid. Change for the sake of change without considering what sort of change you are going to get is not thinking but only reacting, not the way to run a Nation.

Is there another choice I am not aware of? The other choices all lead to Clinton. **** her. You couldn't pay me enough to vote for that scallywag bitch. Its a binary solution at this point in time. My choices are off the board and that aint my doing. I am stuck with what I got. So I make the best of it. So unless you know something I don't, the only one wrong is you.

History is loaded with examples of the populace rising up in anger to tear down. It usually means people die.

What amazes me is that in 27 posts, other than justabubba, no one has presented a case to vote FOR Trump, merely the same, tired and thin old excuse of preventing Hillary from winning.

Lets be honest here. The only thing that Trump has going for him, is he is not Clinton. That and his mouth.

Huh?

Where the **** did I mention Hillary?

What the **** is wrong with you people? One tiny questioning criticism of dear leader and you guy go off the ****ing rails. Take out your anger over the Clintons with someone who gives a ****. If you can find ONE POST where I have said anything good about the Clintons and I will leave this site forever.

I voted decades ago and left. I live in Canada and we're laughing our asses off.

We're done

You asked how the Trump fans would know that his picks would be any better than Hillary's. That was what I replied to.

(You know, there are many decaf brands on the market that taste as good as the real thing.)

No, the results are singular.

Ah. Right you are. The ultimate result is singular. I was referring to the practical real world choices and the solutions they allegedly would employ as being binary.
But I stand corrected for my sloppiness.

Ah. Right you are. The ultimate result is singular. I was referring to the practical real world choices and the solutions they allegedly would employ as being binary.
But I stand corrected for my sloppiness.

I don't think that is correct, either. If you define "practical real world choice" as "likely to win", again, that's only a singular result, as one candidate always has the greatest likelihood of winning.

If you define "practical real world choice" as simply a candidate in the race, then there are multiplicity of candidates available. For those whose overriding priority is to vote for the person who wins (I don't know why that would be their highest value, but apparently for some it is), then their natural home this election is #WithHer. :shrug:

I don't think that is correct, either. If you define "practical real world choice" as "likely to win", again, that's only a singular result, as one candidate always has the greatest likelihood of winning.

If you define "practical real world choice" as simply a candidate in the race, then there are multiplicity of candidates available. For those whose overriding priority is to vote for the person who wins (I don't know why that would be their highest value, but apparently for some it is), then their natural home this election is #WithHer. :shrug:

The real world choices who will ever be in a position to implement their solutions are currently binary.
To me the choice of candidate who is in a position to win is inseparable from their choices of solutions.
That's a binary choice.
There are currently 2 candidates, along with their solutions, in a position to win and one of the choices is a non-starter.

The real world choices who will ever be in a position to implement their solutions are currently binary....

....no. There is only one candidate who will actually win, or has the best position to win.

To me the choice of candidate who is in a position to win is inseparable from their choices of solutions.
That's a binary choice.
There are currently 2 candidates, along with their solutions, in a position to win and one of the choices is a non-starter.

:shrug: there are plenty of candidates who theoretically could win. I don't pick the candidate who has the highest chance of wining (if that's your goal, vote Hillary), I pick the candidate who would best advance conservatism.

....no. There is only one candidate who will actually win, or has the best position to win.

:shrug: there are plenty of candidates who theoretically could win. I don't pick the candidate who has the highest chance of wining (if that's your goal, vote Hillary), I pick the candidate who would best advance conservatism.

There are 2 in a position to win.
We've been through this before.
I know your rule ... I follow the Buckley rule.

Is there another choice I am not aware of? The other choices all lead to Clinton. **** her. You couldn't pay me enough to vote for that scallywag bitch. Its a binary solution at this point in time. My choices are off the board and that aint my doing. I am stuck with what I got. So I make the best of it. So unless you know something I don't, the only one wrong is you.
Wrong again, Buckaroo. You do not have to vote for either, you can vote for a third Party candidate or you can simply not vote for the candidates presented, being that they are all Unacceptable. You really do not think outside the box, try it some time, it will widen your perspective.

How about voting for Gary Johnson?

Wrong again, Buckaroo. You do not have to vote for either, you can vote for a third Party candidate or you can simply not vote for the candidates presented, being that they are all Unacceptable. You really do not think outside the box, try it some time, it will widen your perspective.

Boy howdy, I don't know what to tell you, but I am an amateur rocket surgeon and we specialize in the weird and insane and impossible. I have been thinking about what you say in earnest and I keep coming to the same conclusion. If I vote any other way than Trump then I am essentially from my point of view voting for Clinton. Whether or not I vote or vote third party, whatever I do besides vote for Trump is helping Clinton. That aint happening. She is a despicable scallywag and I will not assist her in ANY shape fashion or form.

Thank you for helping solidify my position. I was kind of on the fence before, now that I have had to think about my position I am definitely going to vote for Trump. Thanks much and :cheers:

A President can only do so much without Congress' consent.

Hell, he'll probably unite the two party establishments. (yeah, how about that?)

They may even impeach him before it's over!

And let's not forget the Supremes will likely be given the chance to review many of his actions.

I really don't fear much legislatively from a Trump presidency. Our image may take a hit though.

Our image took a hit over the Iraq War. At this point a Trump presidency (ironically enough) is the only thing that can save this country from shattering into countless warring factions and a Second American Civil War.

How about voting for Gary Johnson?

I like him. Mr. Veto. That is an excellent moniker. Problem is he is not in it to win. He doesn't have any momentum right now. If for some reason down the road Gary catches fire and he gets serious and really brings a serious credible challenge to the other two, than I will reconsider him and possibly change my mind and vote for him. But as it stands now, not so much.

Boy howdy, I don't know what to tell you, but I am an amateur rocket surgeon and we specialize in the weird and insane and impossible. I have been thinking about what you say in earnest and I keep coming to the same conclusion. If I vote any other way than Trump then I am essentially from my point of view voting for Clinton. Whether or not I vote or vote third party, whatever I do besides vote for Trump is helping Clinton. That aint happening. She is a despicable scallywag and I will not assist her in ANY shape fashion or form.

Thank you for helping solidify my position. I was kind of on the fence before, now that I have had to think about my position I am definitely going to vote for Trump. Thanks much and :cheers:

Good for you, and since you are so brilliant I am sure you know that your State will be allocating their electoral votes to Clinton, meaning who You vote for matters Not, enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom