• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For those that say the government fudges inflation numbers may I present....

Beef at BJs has been more or less the same for the past 6 or 7 years, in CT. Just saying.

You realize that chicken is much cheaper than beef, right?

You realize that chicken consumption has declined as well in the past 5 years? Oh wait you didn't. Because i could have swore we were talking meat consumption.

I never denied a rise in vegetarianism, but I doubted that it was the cause for the fall in beef consumption.

That is because you have a limited knowledge base when it comes to microeconomics. Even basic utility theory is based on preference.

People cut back on red meat when Dr. Atkins died.

You realize that chicken consumption has declined as well in the past 5 years? Oh wait you didn't. Because i could have swore we were talking meat consumption.

Gee, you think it could be because it's also getting more expensive?

That is because you have a limited knowledge base when it comes to microeconomics. Even basic utility theory is based on preference.

So tell me, since you apparently know so much more, how much of the drop is due to price and how much is due to vegetarianism?

Gee, you think it could be because it's also getting more expensive?

For the lower income demographics, surely this can be a serious cause. However, I have doubts that's the case in general. Meat prices have increased throughout history. We don't see a decline in total meat consumption until the risks associated with meat consumption (particularly red meat consumption) have been scientifically determined.

So tell me, since you apparently know so much more, how much of the drop is due to price and how much is due to vegetarianism?

That is a good idea for an upper level undergrad econ study.

For the lower income demographics, surely this can be a serious cause. However, I have doubts that's the case in general. Meat prices have increased throughout history. We don't see a decline in total meat consumption until the risks associated with meat consumption (particularly red meat consumption) have been scientifically determined.

The bold is just begging for proof.

The bold is just begging for proof.

It is a quantitative statement that can be verified. That you continue to push single sentence responses that request proof (and nothing more!) displays your intentions.

Back
Top Bottom