• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

For anyone tempted to give either Mitch McConnell or Mike Pence even the slightest degree of credit this morning

Didnt say 'merely,' Mitch is smart...he used The Donald for every mile he could. And then tossed him aside (earlier than yesterday) when it no longer benefited him.

That 'using,' that 'enabling,' exactly what I was speaking to.

I can't believe you are this naive about politics. They BOTH used each other, that is how it works. And besides, Donald Trump after being elected was the leader of the Republican party. That is how it works. Right now Biden is the leader of the Democrat party, which means like it or not, Bernie Sanders, AOC, Joe Manchin, no matter where each Democrat is on the democrat spectrum, Biden is he leader of the party, so they too will be "enabling" Biden as you put it, for their own needs, and for their own sub alliances. That is the reality of a two party system.

And his personality is meaningless at this point. NOW you all see just how important 'character' is. It was a convenient excuse for those who saw how stupid and blustery and narcissistic he was....but look at the damage that character has caused. I love it, I was just waiting for this.

Which is why Hillary was not elected, it was about character, and hers America was already familiar with. The way I see it, is despite the OBVIOUS character flaws of Donald Trump, the American people decide his flaws had to be not as bad as her flaws. The nation knew her character, and it was that bad. Bad enough that blustery egomaniac businessman was the LESS offensive choice.

That character is what led him to focus solely on re-election in the last several months and practically ignore the pandemic...and it likely COST him re-election 😄

Oh come on! Really? As if the dems weren't putting their election goals over the needs of the nation during this pandemic. Attacking everything the administration did while trying to find a vaccine. And when the gift of the George Floyd incident fell into the Dems' lap, they exploited that to maximum benefit as well to create chaos and thus hopefully do harm to Trump. Show me where the dems put the country first all of last year? And the years before focusing on fake Russia claims, and fake claims about court nominees.

Not sure which reality you were tuned into the last four years?

There's zero moral High Ground in saying people ignored his personality...well....that was stupid and shortsighted. And it was ignored just to get what you wanted. Just like McConnell...using AND enabling to get what you want.

You're right, many of us while knowing his personality and his flaws, we still knew we would have been worse off with Hillary. Waaaaaay worse off. That woman is more narcissistic than Trump. And much like Trump with her, nothing is ever her fault---always the blame is on someone else. Are you starting to see the bigger picture here?

Well, he's completely exposed now. To many of you. Not me and millions of others, we knew. But all of you are responsible for him and letting him go on this long without consequences.

I didn't vote for him. I always knew who and what he was. And what it was was still better than the alternative. That is the bottom line.

Right now I don't fear Joe Biden, but I do fear who is behind him. Harris is FRIGHTENING, an awful awful possibility, so I wish Joe Biden the very best of help. And BTW, talk about phony crap. Have you all forgotten how last year in a desperate attempt to revive her failing campaign, Harrris basically insuniated that Joe Biden and his voting record was RACIST? Did you forget that already?

And you really want to accuse Mitch McConnell of being two faced? LOL!

I can't believe you are this naive about politics. They BOTH used each other, that is how it works. And besides, Donald Trump after being elected was the leader of the Republican party. That is how it works. Right now Biden is the leader of the Democrat party, which means like it or not, Bernie Sanders, AOC, Joe Manchin, no matter where each Democrat is on the democrat spectrum, Biden is he leader of the party, so they too will be "enabling" Biden as you put it, for their own needs, and for their own sub alliances. That is the reality of a two party system.
Duh 👆 :rolleyes:

Never said otherwise. The Donald used people like door mats, with as little thought. My point was about enabling a POS dangerous incompetent "leader" to the point were he never faced any consequences and grew into a monster.

That's NOTHING like any situation with Biden. Past or future.

Which is why Hillary was not elected, it was about character, and hers America was already familiar with. The way I see it, is despite the OBVIOUS character flaws of Donald Trump, the American people decide his flaws had to be not as bad as her flaws. The nation knew her character, and it was that bad. Bad enough that blustery egomaniac businessman was the LESS offensive choice.
More Hillary? Who gives a damn about Hillary? I never did but she'd have done so much better and so much less damage it's not even worth discussing. She's not an incompetent narcissistic POS. She at least wanted to do the job. The Donald wanted nothing but attention and the spotlight.

Oh come on! Really? As if the dems weren't putting their election goals over the needs of the nation during this pandemic. Attacking everything the administration did while trying to find a vaccine. And when the gift of the George Floyd incident fell into the Dems' lap, they exploited that to maximum benefit as well to create chaos and thus hopefully do harm to Trump. Show me where the dems put the country first all of last year? And the years before focusing on fake Russia claims, and fake claims about court nominees.
Our election goal was to win. Which we did perfectly legally. That's reality.

And The Donald could have done himself a world of positive benefit in ALL of those and threw them down the toilet. All on his own. And what power did the Dems HAVE to put the country first? We begged and begged for The Donald to act like a leader during the pandemic and all he did was campaign. Making things WORSE. He lost the election all on his own just with that. He could have been the hero.

Not sure which reality you were tuned into the last four years?
The one where we had a useless, do nothing but golf and parade himself in rallies and kiss up to tyrants POTUS. An incompetent narcissist that couldnt get Mexico to pay for the wall, didnt give us a health care plan, didnt do shit but deregulate (which thankfully Biden should be able to undo) and cut taxes "a little." It didnt do anything for middle class me.

You're right, many of us while knowing his personality and his flaws, we still knew we would have been worse off with Hillary. Waaaaaay worse off. That woman is more narcissistic than Trump. And much like Trump with her, nothing is ever her fault---always the blame is on someone else. Are you starting to see the bigger picture here?
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read here. EVER. Your post has almost zero basis in reality. At all.

I didn't vote for him. I always knew who and what he was. And what it was was still better than the alternative. That is the bottom line.
He's been the worse thing to happen to this country since...The Great Depression in the amount of damage he's created/allowed.

Right now I don't fear Joe Biden, but I do fear who is behind him. Harris is FRIGHTENING, an awful awful possibility, so I wish Joe Biden the very best of help. And BTW, talk about phony crap. Have you all forgotten how last year in a desperate attempt to revive her failing campaign, Harrris basically insuniated that Joe Biden and his voting record was RACIST? Did you forget that already?
And you really want to accuse Mitch McConnell of being two faced? LOL!

Totally psyched about Harris. And your mischaracterization of her is no more accurate than of Hillary. Ridiculous.

Face it, I will never agree with you and I find it hard to believe any one can be this out of touch with reality. Just drop it. I'm done.

Yes they are 100% responsible. They could have prevented all of this. Those people had direct institutional backing from high offices.

Those people had direct institutional backing from high offices.

What EXACTLY did they say?

Who was in the process of invading the capitol building, so she was killed in the act of conspiracy sedition. It's a shame, but she listened to qannon rather than reality.

Just stop

Last I heard it was an unarmed Air Force vet Woman who was killed?

I think you're missing some context. I was responding to a post about Democrats' "not my president" behavior in 2016. Democrats didn't file a bunch of frivolous lawsuits then either.

Look at the pictures from yesterday. There are significant numbers of armed Trump supporters there.

There are significant numbers of armed Trump supporters there.

Including this unarmed Women?

Never said otherwise. The Donald used people like door mats, with as little thought. My point was about enabling a POS dangerous incompetent "leader" to the point were he never faced any consequences and grew into a monster.

Since you really feel that way, then instead of complaining about Mitch McConnell, you should be thanking him. Way I see it is McConnell did more to constrain Trump over the last 4 years than anyone else did. You just were not looking at the facts through the proper filter.

That's NOTHING like any situation with Biden. Past or future.

He's never been in a position like that yet, so time will tell I suppose.

More Hillary? Who gives a damn about Hillary? I never did but she'd have done so much better and so much less damage it's not even worth discussing. She's not an incompetent narcissistic POS. She at least wanted to do the job. The Donald wanted nothing but attention and the spotlight.

Quoted for irony. LOL.

19131661_G.jpeg

37589651.jpg

Our election goal was to win. Which we did perfectly legally. That's reality.

And The Donald could have done himself a world of positive benefit in ALL of those and threw them down the toilet. All on his own. And what power did the Dems HAVE to put the country first? We begged and begged for The Donald to act like a leader during the pandemic and all he did was campaign. Making things WORSE. He lost the election all on his own just with that. He could have been the hero.

So your goal was to win apparently at all costs as you did. Costs which included 3 years of fake Russia hoax and impeachment failures, even continuing as the pandemic was already starting. Yeah, great job, and thanks Dems for all the help!

At least be honest, you wanted to win at all costs, so how is Trump trying to stay in office AT ALL COSTS much different? Typical liberal selective outrage.

The one where we had a useless, do nothing but golf and parade himself in rallies and kiss up to tyrants POTUS.

Did you forget already about the Obama Iran deal? Talk about kissing up to tyrants.
Or what about Obama caught on an open mic telling the Russian emissary that after the election he would be able to work with Putin? Maybe you didn't see that if you were only tuned into MSNBC.

An incompetent narcissist that couldnt get Mexico to pay for the wall, didnt give us a health care plan, didnt do shit but deregulate (which thankfully Biden should be able to undo) and cut taxes "a little." It didnt do anything for middle class me.

So, this is about YOU? LOL

Figures.

He's been the worse thing to happen to this country since...The Great Depression in the amount of damage he's created/allowed.

I disagree. Even as bad as his personality is, he did some great things too. Like his supreme court nominations, and other court appointments. He did get Mexico to help us stop the flood of illegals, so there is that. Got new trade deals with many nations, and nobody seems to give him credit for peace agreements in the Middle East betweem Arabs and Jews. But like you said, I guess you didn't get a big enough check in the mail so your are bottom hurt about that.

Totally psyched about Harris. And your mischaracterization of her is no more accurate than of Hillary. Ridiculous.

Figures. She is a LOON and hypocrite liar passing herself off as some impoverished race victim. She even called Biden a racist in a desperate race card move last year.

Face it, I will never agree with you and I find it hard to believe any one can be this out of touch with reality. Just drop it. I'm done.

I'm glad you will never agree with me. Means I'm doing something right.

Slow learner?

TL:dr Dismissed.

No problem. I am used to winning debates against liberals. Eventually they can't provide a logical response, and close their ears and bury their heads in the sand.
But thanks for playing. All of your points I was able to demolish easily. It has been fun.

No problem. I am used to winning debates against liberals. Eventually they can't provide a logical response, and close their ears and bury their heads in the sand.
But thanks for playing. All of your points I was able to demolish easily. It has been fun.
Chuckle. Post longer comments.

/unshun

LOL Let us know when you do then.

/reshun

/unshun

LOL Let us know when you do then.

/reshun

I see you keep coming back for more and checking.
Go ahead, make another argument, I'm your Huckleberry...

Be ye not afraid. I'm here anytime you want to continue the debate.

I'd suggest you reflect on their years of knowingly abetting Simpleton's cruelty, bigotry and pitiful lying, to say nothing of his having DIRECTLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY encouraged the horrific scenes we saw yesterday. They have been the Himmler's to Simpleton's Hitler. They deserve no praise and no quarter.

You don't get to jump off a sinking ship at 11:59 and 59 seconds and get to claim moral purity.

Yup, they're just bailing because its finally untenable. Cowards.

Yup, no worries. That was the end of your republic and Pence signed it. Don't blame him for that, it was not his fault, but the corrupt and traitorous people controlling DC. But I guess when you look back at this, many people will blame Pence for not stopping it.
Dude worry about your own countries problems, you have plenty to worry about at home.

yeah and don’t forget Donald Trump too. He immediately went on Twitter and praised all these Antifa/BLM activists. Now we know he was part of the deep state swamp all along and probably ordered for delivery from Hillary’s pedophilia pizza place. Time to cut and run from Donald and throw in with Ivanka. Are you with me Ringo? C’mon, let’s do this.

. Time to cut and run from Donald and throw in with Ivanka. Are you with me Ringo? C’mon, let’s do this.
Trump and Biden are both representatives of Capital. But even among criminals, there are different types. And personally, if I have to choose with whom I sit in the same prison cell, I will choose a confidence trickster, and not a maniac serial killer/pedofile.

Trump and Biden are both representatives of Capital. But even among criminals, there are different types. And personally, if I have to choose with whom I sit in the same prison cell, I will choose a confidence trickster, and not a maniac serial killer/pedofile.

huh so you‘re throwing in with Biden? To each his own. Too bad your side (Biden and Hunter) are already working with Ivanka to have her installed in 2024, now that she engineered Daddy’s defeat.

Back
Top Bottom