• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

For anyone tempted to give either Mitch McConnell or Mike Pence even the slightest degree of credit this morning

Yes. Protests. Marches. Disagreement. Attempts to minimize the impact of Trump's idiocy. Democrats did all of those things.

Democrats did not file dozens of frivolous lawsuits attempting to overturn the election results. Democrats did not call state governors and ask them to "find" votes. Democrats did not resort to literal armed insurrection when those things failed.

Democrats did not file dozens of frivolous lawsuits attempting to overturn the election results.

Perhaps it's because they weren't the ones that lost?

Democrats did not resort to literal armed insurrection

Huh?

Last I heard it was an unarmed Air Force vet Woman who was killed?

Unless they live in a "free" society like the US, where many have the mind the mainstream media tells them to have. A mind not of their own.

Who is they, them and their?

It will be fine if you hate the truth and accept being lied to daily, it will be fine if you want to live in a one party state, it will be fine if you want to be persecuted for your opinions. It will be fine if you accept rewriting of history and changing of "facts" for "new-facts", and it will be fine if you want your politicians to edit your language and tell you how to talk.
I think all those folks are gonna follow trump when he goes, so that problem may solve itself.

Do you think your fellow Proud Boys had anything to do with this?
Not that I've seen or heard from either the news, or the discord.
The last time something serious happened with one of our number. It was a street fight that they went to jail for.

I think all those folks are gonna follow trump when he goes, so that problem may solve itself.

Too bad for you and your Republic that you have not come to the truth, but to a lie, and that you embrace it willingly to your own condemnation and the end of that Republic.

Who are the "Victims"?

Those people who have been deceived by the mainstream media, the corrupt and vile politicians in DC and the fascist corporations. People who are innocent, except they are constantly told lies and have come to believe them.

I'd suggest you reflect on their years of knowingly abetting Simpleton's cruelty, bigotry and pitiful lying, to say nothing of his having DIRECTLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY encouraged the horrific scenes we saw yesterday. They have been the Himmler's to Simpleton's Hitler. They deserve no praise and no quarter.

You don't get to jump off a sinking ship at 11:59 and 59 seconds and get to claim moral purity.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I'd suggest you reflect on their years of knowingly abetting Simpleton's cruelty, bigotry and pitiful lying, to say nothing of his having DIRECTLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY encouraged the horrific scenes we saw yesterday. They have been the Himmler's to Simpleton's Hitler. They deserve no praise and no quarter.

You don't get to jump off a sinking ship at 11:59 and 59 seconds and get to claim moral purity.
Thanks for this thread.

I woke up this morning to read this:
Mick Mulvaney, President Donald Trump’s former chief of staff, told CNBC on Thursday he has resigned as special U.S. envoy to Northern Ireland.
“The folks who spent time away from our families, put our careers on the line to go work for Donald Trump, and we did have those successes to look back at, but now it will always be, ‘Oh yeah, you work for the guy who tried to overtake the government,’” Mulvaney said.​

Oh, poor man. The self-pity here just oozes off him. Mulvaney, like all of them, made a Faustian bargain and now he's bitter that he's lost plausible deniability.

Liberals have done nothing but hate for 4 years, that's who they are, swimming in hate, with hateful hearts. That's the only thing liberals really know how to do these days, hate, it has become your nature.
Any hatred we feel toward Trump was earned. For some, it may have started with Obama's birth certificate, a thinly-veiled racist ploy. For others, the Access Hollywood tape. For still others, separating children from their parents at the border, then losing track of them. Then there was the continual encouragement of violence, which began during his campaign, when he promised to pay the legal costs if anyone punched out the protester at one of his rallies. The continual taunts of "fake news" after the media correctly reports one of his literally thousands of lies. His complete contempt for the rule of law.

Yes, I hate Trump. And he earned that hatred. In spades.

Not so fast! You cannot on one hand be demanding a peaceful and legitimate transfer of power now after a lawful election, but forget how the left sought to de-legitimize Donald Trump's election and his presidency 4 years ago right out of the gate.
What a load of moronic and ignorant partisan crap. Trump and his ass kissers are the lowest scum and you making excuses for them makes you one of them.

Too bad for you and your Republic that you have not come to the truth, but to a lie, and that you embrace it willingly to your own condemnation and the end of that Republic.
Nah, just yanking your chain.

Not so fast! You cannot on one hand be demanding a peaceful and legitimate transfer of power now after a lawful election, but forget how the left sought to de-legitimize Donald Trump's election and his presidency 4 years ago right out of the gate.

Mitch McConnel and others merely accepted the WILL OF THE PEOPLE who had elected Donald Trump, there was no enabaling in that, Trump was a legitimate president.
So, you lefties and whine all you want to, but you NEVER accepted his presidency, or the desire of half of America to have an option to the far left policies of the democrats. I distinctly remember marches of "not my president" 4 years ago.

Removed for what? There was no truth to the Russian hoax...

Bahaha yea right!

They must get some credit for backing away from the precipice, but they are wholly complicit and bear responsibility for the position we are in.

I am sure they did not do the correct thing in order to earn the accolades of those who think as you do, Shrink726. I am happy they did what was right nonetheless.

Any hatred we feel toward Trump was earned. For some, it may have started with Obama's birth certificate, a thinly-veiled racist ploy. For others, the Access Hollywood tape. For still others, separating children from their parents at the border, then losing track of them. Then there was the continual encouragement of violence, which began during his campaign, when he promised to pay the legal costs if anyone punched out the protester at one of his rallies. The continual taunts of "fake news" after the media correctly reports one of his literally thousands of lies. His complete contempt for the rule of law.

Yes, I hate Trump. And he earned that hatred. In spades.

Why? What exactly makes you hate Trump? What exactly did he do wrong in terms of being a president in relations to politics?

OR

Do you hate him because you've been told by your society to do so?

Do you even know the difference?

Mitch McConnel and others merely accepted the WILL OF THE PEOPLE who had elected Donald Trump, there was no enabaling in that, Trump was a legitimate president.
So, you lefties and whine all you want to, but you NEVER accepted his presidency, or the desire of half of America to have an option to the far left policies of the democrats. I distinctly remember marches of "not my president" 4 years ago.
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president," said Mitch McConnell, interview with the National Journal on Oct 29th, 2010.
Removed for what? There was no truth to the Russia hoax, what should he have been removed for? Doesn't work that way, and as much as you on the left want to claim today how embarrassing Donald Trump's recent behavior has been. You seem to conveniently have forgotten all of the shrill claims and accusations not just against Trump, but pretty much everyone in his organization.

But nothing new there, you lefties said the sames things about G.W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. But now they are among your heroes.

Sorry, you have lost all credibility, and are no position to judge Mitch McConnell, or any other Republican.
Trump did withhold funds from Ukraine in order to force them to investigation Joe Biden. This is why he was impeached by the House.

Perhaps it's because they weren't the ones that lost?

I think you're missing some context. I was responding to a post about Democrats' "not my president" behavior in 2016. Democrats didn't file a bunch of frivolous lawsuits then either.

Huh?

Last I heard it was an unarmed Air Force vet Woman who was killed?

Look at the pictures from yesterday. There are significant numbers of armed Trump supporters there.

Nope, they spent too long making excuses for Trump's behaviors and rhetoric to be forgiven or given any amount of credit for their speeches which were only forced after an act of domestic terrorism and sedition.

Only a devout Trump ass kisser would as such a mornic and ignorant question, one bereft of any sense of decency, integrity and basic intellect.

Well, like all liberals you have no answer. You just hate Trump without reason because that's what you've been told to do.

Pence is simply trumps himmler

Well, like all liberals you have no answer. You just hate Trump without reason because that's what you've been told to do.
Like all devout Trump ass kissers all you can do is label others who point out what you really are.

Back
Top Bottom