• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For anti-maskers who claim medical exemptions for entering stores!

So you are willing to bail us out of the costs of providing health care for all of those who you feel have the right to do as they want? I mean if you are so for "perfect" freedom, then be willing to help pay for it. What is best for some people costs the rest of us when it comes down to the health care costs as you well know. I would be more than willing to let those who don't wear seat belts, helmets, smoke or take drugs only provide them health care they can afford. Otherwise, just let them go.
Everyone should pay their own healthcare. Its not your responsibility to pay my medical bills. Universal healthcare is a terrible idea for that very reason. I could easily see the gov creating a progressive tax system based on a persons bmi or overall health index. The more obese you are the more you pay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I expect them to tell customers to put that mask on when they see customers who took it off after they went through the front door. I expect them to refuse to ignore what is in plain sight and tell them to leave if they won't. I certainly do not expect them to ring up the sale, get their profit, and thank them for patronizing. Basically I want some evidence of good faith efforts.

Probably best you took your business elsewhere. Somewhere you had rather give your money

Everyone should pay their own healthcare

Go ahead and feel free to go to a hospital that does not get any government assistance.

Two things. First the store has the right to make policies that if you want to shop there you have to follow. Second, if you refuse to leave they can call the police and have you arrested for trespass. THat is happening all over the country.

Why as the OP attest then are business turning the other cheek? Must be a rampant problem indicative of the local culture

Refuse them service and tell them to leave, if they don't call the police and they can be charged with trespassing, real simple.

Plenty of solutions in this thread are by the hand of the police. Better start hiring them back.

Please give me an link to a real medical study showing that masks do not work instead of the group paid by the GOP and anti-maskers. I am old enough to have known the scientists paid by the tobacco companies that said there was no proof that smoking was bad for you. Tell that to all of those who got lung cancer from smoking or being around those who did.
I gave you a video that cites over a dozen real studies....and you just indicated you want more hay.

First off, businesses should be the ones who get decide whether or not masks are required. NOT THE GOVERNMENT NOR CUSTOMERS OF THOSE STORES (especially the mask-Nazis). I, and anyone else with respect for how a store owner conducts his/her business, will do what the business requires in order for me (or anyone else) to receive services. I don't like the masks and I think they're unnecessary, but I've been following the guidelines so I don't scare the people who are truly HORRIFIED of this virus (that's only been proven to be as deadly as the flu) and not getting into any stupid arguments or legal battles with mask-Nazis, so following a businesses rules is no problem for me.

Second, where were the demands to wear masks during the H1N1 pandemic, a virus FAR MORE deadly AND even MORE contagious than the Chinese Virus? I honestly can't remember, nor do I ever remember the entire US economy shutting down as a result. If these masks are so good, why wasn't it widely demanded? Again, H1N1 was deadlier than this thing, so if we are required to wear masks because it's believed among the scared people and the mask-Nazis (which I don't think they do) that they save lives, we should have worn them during that time period. Heck, it wasn't even as widely advertised and it was as widely spread. In addition to that, we should have used social distancing. According to those standards, we did it wrong and as a result, more people died in a shorter period of time to H1N1 than to the Chinese Virus (which is on record to being correct).

Lastly, you mask-Nazis were the ones to demand for businesses across the country to close up shop, and you mask-Nazis were the ones who called the cops on businesses who didn't go overboard on health guidelines, putting them out of business by force. As a matter fact, I think many of you mask-Nazis are using this outbreak as an excuse to put people and businesses that you don't like behind bars or shutdown permanently as a way to get back at them. I think it drives you crazy when those groups you don't like actually follow the guidelines and don't get into trouble because it doesn't get rid of them, and now you're trying to move the goal posts. It's pretty pathetic and petty, if you ask me.

Probably best you took your business elsewhere. Somewhere you had rather give your money
No. Its best that I report businesses that do not comply with the law, so that they do not get a competitive edge with the anti masker clientele and so we can stop this virus. I think it best, if you don't think I am too stupid to know what is best Laws are not enforced if nobody is willing to call for their enforcement.

If I see that a butcher has a warm refrigerator in which his product is placed, I am going to tell him so he can take care of it, and then if I go back two days later and its still warm with meat sitting there, I am calling the health department.

1-there are numerous studies cited
2-the evidence remains conclusive. No statistical improvement by wearing masks

Couple that with what we know. Since March the ‘experts’ flip flopped on their support for masks. ALL of the initial counsel said the same exact thing. The ONLY people that should be wearing masks are symptomatic people WITH the virus. We also KNOW wearing masks don’t prevent infection. It’s funny how the narrative shifts not based on science but on political rhetoric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The studies he shows indicates it was studying the N-95 vs Medical Masks. He then turns to the camera and states there is no improvement by wearing a mask.
What the study showed was that there was no significant improvement with a N-95 over a regular medical mask.

He is finding ways to fit his agenda.

I don't even know if there is any study that has half the medical staff wearing a mask and the other half not wearing a mask. I can't imagine in this day and age anyone would want to participate in such study.

The studies he shows indicates it was studying the N-95 vs Medical Masks. He then turns to the camera and states there is no improvement by wearing a mask.
What the study showed was that there was no significant improvement with a N-95 over a regular medical mask.

He is finding ways to fit his agenda.

I don't even know if there is any study that has half the medical staff wearing a mask and the other half not wearing a mask. I can't imagine in this day and age anyone would want to participate in such study.
5 minutes into the video he cites studies showing several control categories including non-mask wearing individuals. At 6:45 he cites studies showing that the clothe masks everyone is making and wearing actually put people at greater risk. Further, the surgical masks are single use time specific masks that should be disposed of PROPERLY within 90 minutes of actual contact with anyone that is (or since we are all speculating) MIGHT be infected. That's IF you have the 3 ply surgical masks AND are wearing them correctly. Which most arent and most people dont.

And what about the contaminated masks? If we are really believing that we are saving ourselves from contaminated individuals...why are people touching with exposed skin their contaminated masks and why arent there biohazard waste receptacles everywhere so people can dispose of the masks?

Clothe masks...worthless. Ventilator masks...he...great choice because you can breathe better in them...because the filtration system doesnt block exhaled particulate. Worthless.

Still go back to my default. Its not unlike frequenting a private establishment that bars concealed carry. If I dont like their rules, I wont go in. If I chose to go in, I guess I'll play by their rules.

Well, we'll see about that, won't we?
I would say its unlikely that we will. Too many people are too eager to waive their autonomy in lieu of abdication of their personal responibility for thier welfare.

Plenty of solutions in this thread are by the hand of the police. Better start hiring them back.

Didn't fire any here or the vast majority of places.

Go ahead and feel free to go to a hospital that does not get any government assistance.
I will tell you something, if people were really interested in lowering healthcare costs they would get rid of all 3rd party payer systems. If hospitals had to bill people directly the costs would dramatically fall.

I will tell you something, if people were really interested in lowering healthcare costs they would get rid of all 3rd party payer systems. If hospitals had to bill people directly the costs would dramatically fall.

Not far enough. So a million dollar cancer bill goes down to 200 thousand. So rich get care, middle class loses their house and their kids education....or their life.

Cites the actual research. Every time one of you people are confronted with facts that’s the pathetic best you can muster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you should find reliable sources who cite the research, not Russian propaganda.

There's a difference in a DR et al wearing a mask in very cool, low physical output environment such as OR and Luther slinging boxes of freight in one on the dock in 100-degree heat and humidity. Comparing DR's, and everyone else about how easy it is to work in a mask is apples to oranges

A co worker of mine claimed early on in the pandemic the virus wasn't dangerous and he would never get it because he is a physical specimen. When they mandated mask wearing at work he initially refused to comply because he said he had breathing issues.

IMO, I think he should be fired.

How do expect a business to enforce?

In this state, if a business does not have it's employees wear masks, and it gets reported, that business can be shut down.

There's a difference in a DR et al wearing a mask in very cool, low physical output environment such as OR and Luther slinging boxes of freight in one on the dock in 100-degree heat and humidity. Comparing DR's, and everyone else about how easy it is to work in a mask is apples to oranges

It's a 110 in Tucson today. I wore a mask the entire day, and somehow survived.

5 minutes into the video he cites studies showing several control categories including non-mask wearing individuals. At 6:45 he cites studies showing that the clothe masks everyone is making and wearing actually put people at greater risk. Further, the surgical masks are single use time specific masks that should be disposed of PROPERLY within 90 minutes of actual contact with anyone that is (or since we are all speculating) MIGHT be infected. That's IF you have the 3 ply surgical masks AND are wearing them correctly. Which most arent and most people dont.

And what about the contaminated masks? If we are really believing that we are saving ourselves from contaminated individuals...why are people touching with exposed skin their contaminated masks and why arent there biohazard waste receptacles everywhere so people can dispose of the masks?

Clothe masks...worthless. Ventilator masks...he...great choice because you can breathe better in them...because the filtration system doesnt block exhaled particulate. Worthless.

Still go back to my default. Its not unlike frequenting a private establishment that bars concealed carry. If I dont like their rules, I wont go in. If I chose to go in, I guess I'll play by their rules.

As always with research studies it is often easy to find ones that support either side of this debate. I just found the first two studies were worthless in showing if wearing masks were helpful and right or wrong I classify him trying to support his agenda.

As for the contaminated masks they are no more contaminated than the rest of our clothing. The droplets on the inside of them are our own droplets.

Things we do know is that enclosures with many people has shown this virus is hyper contagious.

Without any study it would make sense that anything that would be a barrier to droplets from people's mouths would decrease the spread.

They are not 100% effective of course but it is an attempt to help fight the virus.

Thank god, washing hands hasn't become political.

I have seen a bunch of Youtube videos of anti-maskers demanding to enter stores stating that they have medical problems and that the ADA does not require them to give the reason or provide proof. I guess what they have failed to learn about the ADA is that it does allow the stores to provide "reasonable accommodations". So if the store provides a person the right to give the store a list or do so on line and the store will do the shopping and deliver the goods to the person at the front or even to their home, the store can keep you from entering the store and not be afraid of being sued or having the government intervene. Sorry, but you can keep coming to the stores and threatening the employees, but they can legally keep you out without a mask if they are providing a reasonable accommodation, i.e., alternative. The store and the employees may actually be able sue you for threatening them, so beware.

Mountain lions aren't that dangerous to humans, but the rest of this meme is accurate.

116880342_10158183734823301_4927468541436530874_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom