• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For anti-maskers who claim medical exemptions for entering stores!

And report businesses that do not enforce the state mask mandate to OSHA or other enforcement agency as soon as you get home. Must not allow those businesses who ignore the law, to gain a competitive advantage over those businesses that work in good faith to obey their legal duty. If Walmart takes a 'see no evil' stance, but Safeway is willing to tick off anti-maskers, I want to make sure that Walmart does not get a competitive advantage by slacking.

How do expect a business to enforce?

Does it make you feel better about your own insecurities when you mock those that dont believe the things that you do?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When they believe patent, dangerous bull****, yes.

It's not that complicated to wear a mask. As already pointed out, the reason someone wouldn't is they are medically exempt in which case they shouldn't be shopping either. I love the freedom nuts over this since the hypocrites have no problem with stores doing a no shirt, no shoes, no service but someone having to wear a mask goes against their FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM /cue Braveheart.

Or

"A baker shouldn't have to make a cake for a gay person."

but

"NOBODY CAN TELL ME TO WEAR A MASK IN THEIR STORE!!!!111"

What does the store do when it's their own employees who are the anti-maskers?

I went to a local dollar store yesterday. They had two cashiers on duty when I went to check out. BOTH of them were maskless. BOTH of them were under the age of 30. When I asked, BOTH of them said the Governor said they don't have to wear a mask because they have medical conditions. (And BOTH of them were grinning while they were saying that.)

Well, I told them they just lost a sale and I walked out of the store...wearing my mask.

Actually, if they are ill, the store could have just sent them home on sick pay or put them in a position where they were not meeting the public o other employees. Also, the ADA says "reasonable accommodations. It there is no possible reasonable, then the store can jsut send them home and they are meeting the ADA.

I expect them to tell customers to put that mask on when they see customers who took it off after they went through the front door. I expect them to refuse to ignore what is in plain sight and tell them to leave if they won't. I certainly do not expect them to ring up the sale, get their profit, and thank them for patronizing. Basically I want some evidence of good faith efforts.

Exactly right. If you feel uncomfortable being around someone without a mask, practice some self responsibility and maintain a distance from that person. Its not that complicated.

They are now saying that if someone is not wearing a mask and sneezes, the distance needs to be 30 feet. People should be real human beings instead of assh*les and wear a damn mask in public.

Facts **** on your feelings.

That being said...if a business wants to have a mask ban and I choose to frequent their business, I'll wear a mask. If I dont want to go to their business I wont.

But hey....as long as it makes the sheeple feel safe.

Talking about sheeple?

Two things. First the store has the right to make policies that if you want to shop there you have to follow. Second, if you refuse to leave they can call the police and have you arrested for trespass. THat is happening all over the country.

Talking about sheeple?

, you are right, anti-maskers are the sheeple who follow Trump's advice over the real science. And you can always find a scientists who for money will tell you what you want to hear. Just ask those scientists that said smoking was perfecly safe.

Does it make YOU feel better about your own insecurities when you mock those that don't believe the things that you do?

Why is it that only Trumpies continue to deny reality about the potential for infection or for infecting others when one doesn't wear a mask?
I dont deny that possibility. I take personal responsibility for my health by minimizing my exposure to situtations I deem risky as much as I can. Why cant you do the same? Why is your health other peoples responsibility?

FTR I have not mocked anyone. I excercise my ability to disagree with others in a civil manner.

I dont deny that possibility. I take personal responsibility for my health by minimizing my exposure to situtations I deem risky as much as I can. Why cant you do the same? Why is your health other peoples responsibility?

FTR I have not mocked anyone. I excercise my ability to disagree with others in a civil manner.

a communicable disease is not something one does to oneself, it is something done by another with their infectiousness. The very nature of a disease demands that people work together and simply not look out for number one.

When they are acting like children because they have to wear and mask and crying about their freedom being taken away, I will point out their idiocy. What are YOU going to do about it? Oh yeah, nothing but sit there.

It's funny how moronic anti-maskers had no problem in the past with "No shirt, no shoes, no service" but add in mask wearing and they turn into Braveheart. :lamo

Yeah sit down, your soapbox bull**** became boring the minute you lost this argument.
If your goal is to convince people who dont wear masks to start. You did not win your argument. The only thing you have accomplished is you insulted some people you think your entitled to insult.

When they believe patent, dangerous bull****, yes.
Get back to me when that type of approach isnt counterproductive to convincing more people to wear masks

Get back to me when that type of approach isnt counterproductive to convincing more people to wear masks

If people aren't wearing them now, they're not going to.

ETA: Well, here they might, because we'll fine the crap out of them and eventually throw them in jail for a year.

They are now saying that if someone is not wearing a mask and sneezes, the distance needs to be 30 feet. People should be real human beings instead of assh*les and wear a damn mask in public.
An uninfected person can sneeze 300' and you would not be in any danger from them.

Facts **** on your feelings.

That being said...if a business wants to have a mask ban and I choose to frequent their business, I'll wear a mask. If I dont want to go to their business I wont.

But hey....as long as it makes the sheeple feel safe.

Russia Today? Bwahahahahaha...

a communicable disease is not something one does to oneself, it is something done by another with their infectiousness. The very nature of a disease demands that people work together and simply not look out for number one.
You can not catch it if you dont have contact with it

You can not catch it if you dont have contact with it

Isolating oneself will indeed work. If that is your strategy, then I applaud you and I hope you do not get too lonely or bored.

A relevant internet find

Yeah....pretty much sums it up.

My son is in a job that he has to interact with the public (social distance not practical)with over a hundred people per day. He has an amazing immune system but he has people in his life that are at risk. He takes it seriously. He is a really nice guy....so when he asks someone to pull up their mask, they tend to take it well - so far.

If people aren't wearing them now, they're not going to.

ETA: Well, here they might, because we'll fine the crap out of them and eventually throw them in jail for a year.
By your logic, since it effects blacks more than whites, its justifiable to bring back segregation laws, because you know, safety....

A co worker of mine claimed early on in the pandemic the virus wasn't dangerous and he would never get it because he is a physical specimen. When they mandated mask wearing at work he initially refused to comply because he said he had breathing issues.

So he is a garden variety douchebag.

By your logic, since it effects blacks more than whites, its justifiable to bring back segregation laws, because you know, safety....

Are you drunk?

Back
Top Bottom