• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida's new restrictive voting laws blocked

The Democrats most certainly are demanding new rules. They are expanding when the polls are open by days and they opening up mail in ballot citing to everyone. Those are new rules and surprise surprise those changes favor Democrats.
Nothing like what you say has been passed into law. The Republicans have passed quite a bit into law in some states.

The bolded is why the judge is a judge, and you're not! ;)

Reference:

Dunning-Kruger Effect

It seems that when Democrat Party Operatives review any measure that is required to assure that only qualified voters be allowed to vote, they find things that simply are not there.

Another example of that pesky Constitution getting in the seditionists' way.

Well, I looked over the summary of that Florida law...Senate Bill 90...and I can't find anything that looks like it suppresses anyone's right to vote or does anything the article reports the judge saying it does.

Maybe someone else can look at the summary and tell me what's bad about the law.

Anyway, I expect this will be appealed and that judge's ruling flushed down the toilet where it belongs. The only bad thing is that this probably won't happen before the next election, which means this one ****ed up judge is single-handedly enabling election fraud in the state of Florida.
Let me ask you a stupid question, Mycroft, perhaps you can look outside of your own nose for the answer.

Do rich people have everything easier in life than poor people?

Because voting is much like that. The people with high intelligence and even higher pocketbooks will never have a problem with their rights to vote. Nonetheless, the poor and the disadvantaged-by-race people have it much tougher.

Here is an excerpt from an article that addresses this problem:

"But in America, it’s hard to be a good citizen if you’re poor, ignored, or vilified. Life is just too hard to worry about lofty issues such as public policies and partisan political intrigue. Indeed, among too many poor and minority Americans, voting and choosing elected officials just isn’t viewed as essential to their lives."

Let me ask you a stupid question, Mycroft, perhaps you can look outside of your own nose for the answer.

Because voting is much like that. The people with high intelligence and even higher pocketbooks will never have a problem with their rights to vote. Nonetheless, the poor and the disadvantaged-by-race people have it much tougher.

"But in America, it’s hard to be a good citizen if you’re poor, ignored, or vilified. Life is just too hard to worry about lofty issues such as public policies and partisan political intrigue. Indeed, among too many poor and minority Americans, voting and choosing elected officials just isn’t viewed as essential to their lives."
That's a bullshit excuse.

Everyone...rich or poor...has the opportunity to vote. Whether they WANT to vote is another issue. That Florida law...as far as I can tell...doesn't stop anyone from voting. Nor does it make it easier for anyone to vote. Everyone...rich or poor...are under the same law.

That's a bullshit excuse.

Everyone...rich or poor...has the opportunity to vote. Whether they WANT to vote is another issue. That Florida law...as far as I can tell...doesn't stop anyone from voting. Nor does it make it easier for anyone to vote. Everyone...rich or poor...are under the same law.
No, its not BS. A person that is working 3 jobs to make ends meet has very little time and ability to vote, especially if he/she has to go and spend time getting all the requirements that are needed now that were not needed in the past. The Republicans know this (not you, of course) and that is exactly why they are passing these new laws and requisites. It certainly is not because of voter fraud. It is because they want all these people that need and require help from the government to not vote.

I'm not sure what you are campaigning to achieve.

Are you asserting that people who are not capable of voting and also have no interest in voting need to be forced to vote?

No, its not BS. A person that is working 3 jobs to make ends meet has very little time and ability to vote, especially if he/she has to go and spend time getting all the requirements that are needed now that were not needed in the past. The Republicans know this (not you, of course) and that is exactly why they are passing these new laws and requisites. It certainly is not because of voter fraud. It is because they want all these people that need and require help from the government to not vote.

A person who is voting needs the same kinds of ID as he does to work those three jobs.

Dumb post? Is it dumb to question a reaction by a judge?

Maybe you think it's dumb because you can't answer my question?

That's okay. I don't expect any kind of reasoned response from you.

You are dismissed.
So in your mind a 288 page written decision is a reaction?

Here is the response to your question, Mycroft:

Here is the explanation of why it is "more difficult for Black voters that have socioeconomic disadvantages" to vote under these new requirements:

Simply stated for you Mycroft. Until you put yourself into the shoes of a socioeconomically disadvantaged Black voter, the White privileges that you have will forever prevent you from understanding what the problems exist for many Black voters. You will never see the problem because you are not a disadvantaged Black voter and have 'no ability mind-wise to put yourself in anyone else's shoes.
Well said. I'm sure most white folks have never walked a mile in a black person's shoes.

I don't think black people are anymore "socioeconomically disadvantaged" than anybody else. That's utter bullshit.

If black people can buy and drive cars, have bank account, fly on airplanes, buy booze or cigarettes...hell, if they can even go into a federal building...then they can do anything that anyone else can do.

That bullshit reasoning you trotted out is nonsense.
You have insulated yourself well from reality if you actually believe what you wrote.

So...you can't look at the summary and tell me what's bad about the law. You can only tell me about the bullshit ruling from that judge.

You are dismissed.
Lol, how nice, dismiss everyone who doesn't agree with you. Good tactic. Who cares what we think, are any of us judges?

This is about as disinformed a line of BS as I can imagine.

Registering to vote can be done on line. Takes about 3 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom