• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida just reported its highest-ever number of daily COVID-19 cases and has become the new US epicenter

Does getting the vaccine make a lot less available hosts avialable, which will lead to a strong decrease of covid? If we reach herd immunity, will it die out?

Can getting the vaccine eliminate the vast numbers of people who have to go to the hosptial?
Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the National Institute of Health, (Dr. Anthony Fauci's boss) was interviewed this morning on CNN. He states that a person that has been fully vaccinated can get this delta strain in their nose and throat and can spread it. He said that the risk of infection of people that have been vaccinated are reduced by three and a half fold. Your chance of even having symptoms from that infection go down by eight fold and your chance of being ill enough to need hospitalization go down 25 fold. He stated that that is fantastically good for any vaccine and that scientists didn't even dare to imagine that the vaccines would be this good, and they are, even against delta.

Even if your numbers are correct, which is debatable, how does this justify anything?
Just because you haven't bothered to look up the facts doesn't make them "debatable."

It's what the CDC is using to justify its updated masking guidance. But hey, if you want to refuse the shot and refuse to mask, that's up to you.

Does getting the vaccine make a lot less available hosts avialable, which will lead to a strong decrease of covid? If we reach herd immunity, will it die out?

Can getting the vaccine eliminate the vast numbers of people who have to go to the hosptial?
No, it's not going to "die out" - at least according to the vast majority of experts.

Yes, the vaccine helps to keep you out of the hospital, but it's not a guarantee.

Do you think the vaccine makes getting Covid "entirely preventable"?
More attack of strawmen. Why do you believe 100% efficacy is necessary for vaccination during a global pandemic that has ravaged the world?

More attack of strawmen. Why do you believe 100% efficacy is necessary for vaccination during a global pandemic that has ravaged the world?
I have no idea what you're even talking about now. Somebody made the claim that Covid was "entirely preventable" with the vaccine. That is false.

You can either agree with me, or explain why you think it is the government data is wrong.

Your choice.

No, it's not going to "die out" - at least according to the vast majority of experts.

Yes, the vaccine helps to keep you out of the hospital, but it's not a guarantee.
And, that is because of the vaccine hesitant.

Not reading more of a hysterical rant from someone who cares more about keeping people out than the virus away. :)

Vaccinate the immigrants who want it.
The entire world needs to be vaccinated before the virus mutates to a vaccine immune form.

I have no idea what you're even talking about now. Somebody made the claim that Covid was "entirely preventable" with the vaccine. That is false.
You made the choice to quote me, and i am not going to account for anything you're attributing to "somebody". Try again.

Why not even attempt to quote somebody?

By all means, Callen. Tell us more about why the CDC is wrong and you are right.
Stop being so silly. Yes, COVID is preventable if everybody isolates and we shut down the economy because of it which is actually extremely impractical, OR we could all get vaccinated and go on our merry way. For some strange reason, most of us prefer vaccination. Of course there are people who would love to tank the economy and blame Biden.

What is it that Biden could have done that would lead you to calling him a success?

Answer: nothing
He could resign as president and declare Trump really won the election. I'm sure Taylor would approve of that. 😁

Joe Biden led everyone to believe he'd have the virus defeated by Jul 4. Today we see he's just your typical lying politician full of bs.

You can try to pretend it's not his fault and blame everyone else but he's the current president who is sitting on his ass while the current variant is spreadin like wildfire.
How the worm has turned.
Last year people were criticizing Trump because he did not encourage people to wear masks. They blamed him for tens of thousands of deaths because he could have made people wear masks when they didn't want. All Trump had to do was tell them and he didn't do it.
Now we have Biden begging people to get vaccinated so more people don't die and 100 million people are reluctant to do so. Every would like to think the president is so powerful all he has to do is ask people to do something and they will naturally do it - because he is the president.
Biden is going to end up paying people 100 dollars to do what they should do in order to avoid getting sick and possibly dying.
What a great country. People are getting money to do something which they should do regardless if they had any common sense at all.

Stop being so silly. Yes, COVID is preventable if everybody isolates and we shut down the economy because of it which is actually extremely impractical, OR we could all get vaccinated and go on our merry way. For some strange reason, most of us prefer vaccination. Of course there are people who would love to tank the economy and blame Biden.
No one is going to shut down the economy.
But unvaccinated people are still going to get sick and die because they know so much more than the doctors who treat them.

No one is going to shut down the economy.
But unvaccinated people are still going to get sick and die because they know so much more than the doctors who treat them.
Of course we're not shutting down the economy. My point was that COVID is preventable only with draconian measures unless we go with universal vaccination.

Of course we're not shutting down the economy. My point was that COVID is preventable only with draconian measures unless we go with universal vaccination.
I do like the idea of government organizations and private corporations putting the pressure on employees to get vaccinated.
If schools can mandate that students get vaccines for smallpox, polio, measles, and rubella then corporations can mandate employees get vaccinated to prevent the spread of a deadly disease. Since when do employees tell the employers what to do?

You made the choice to quote me, and i am not going to account for anything you're attributing to "somebody". Try again.

Why not even attempt to quote somebody?
If you're going to jump into someone else's discussion, have the decency to know what is being discussed with who. I'm not going to call them out here because they took no issue with the correction and are not bitterly clinging to untruths and trying to change the subject in an effort to save face.

If you're going to jump into someone else's discussion, have the decency to know what is being discussed with who. I'm not going to call them out here because they took no issue with the correction and are not bitterly clinging to untruths and trying to change the subject in an effort to save face.
Taking a figure of speech and attacking it literally is an act of desperateness.

Trump down played the pandemic to ward off panic just like Fauci down played masks from the onset. Fauci stood right next to Trump at how many daily covid briefings? He could have called out Trump. NO, the chicken shit was only trying to save his own ass for what is now coming down the pipeline.
To ward off panic? Are Americans uniquely prone to outbursts of hysterics, because I didn't see anything remotely resembling panic anywhere else in the world. Your Mango Moron lied to you, and you lapped up every morsel...

Since when do employees tell the employers what to do?
Since De Santis and other Red State GOP Governors decided that it's the government's business to tell companies how to run their businesses.

Joe Biden led everyone to believe he'd have the virus defeated by Jul 4. Today we see he's just your typical lying politician full of bs.

You can try to pretend it's not his fault and blame everyone else but he's the current president who is sitting on his ass while the current variant is spreadin like wildfire.
That's insidious.... Biden did not have the position of claim to have put a mandate in place. without a mandate he had no control over "ignorant people" who fight against the vaccine.
Geez.....
The rest of your comment does not even deserve a response.

That's not called winning.

That's just what this country needs - more undocumented migrants dumped on small towns that can't afford to house them.

Now, if you're an open border Progressive then you don't give a damn about how many undocumented, illegal migrants are being let into this document destined to be future Democrat Party voters.
That's your version of winning and my version of Biden breaking federal laws which Texas and Arizona are not permitted to enforce.

Where's Trump when we need to him to stem the flow of illegals into the country?

He’s a greeter at Mar A Lago! That’s in Florida, you can visit any time. :)

Now that Desantis has turned Florida into a viral shithole (again), can we go back to exploring the idea that Trump didn’t even really win Floriday? How can we possibly trust any election results from that state showing a GOP victory?

Just because you haven't bothered to look up the facts doesn't make them "debatable."

It's what the CDC is using to justify its updated masking guidance. But hey, if you want to refuse the shot and refuse to mask, that's up to you.

Funny how many of the more ardent right wingers like to make speeches about duty and personal responsibility, but angrily refuse to do either. Even when it’s a matter of public health.

Back
Top Bottom