• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida bill would ban young girls from discussing periods in school

Sadly, the word is still apt, after all these years.
it will not be getting any better, at least not in this decade, but the pendulum will one day reach its max and begin to swing back again.

But in the meantime the question is how much good will have been cut away?

it will not be getting any better, at least not in this decade, but the pendulum will one day reach its max and begin to swing back again.

But in the meantime the question is how much good will have been cut away?
Let these dipshits stew in their ignorance. Their time is coming.

Most of these bills won't get any real attention, fingers crossed, they're just rallying their base for the 24' primaries. DeSantan needs to steal Trumps Evangelical base. After the Supreme Court favor, it will be difficult to get those extremists away from old Trumpy pants.

This is the kind of politics desantis thinks will win nationally.

"As Florida Republicans are introducing and advancing a wave of bills on gender and diversity that are likely to be signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), one GOP lawmaker acknowledged this week that his proposed sexual health bill would ban girls from talking about their menstrual cycles in school.

...McClain’s proposed legislation is among a spate of new Republican-sponsored bills that could reshape K-12 and higher education in Florida. Bills filed by GOP state representatives and senators in recent weeks range from requiring teachers to use pronouns matching children’s sex as assigned at birth to establishing a universal school-choice voucher program. Other proposed legislation would eliminate college majors in gender studies, cut diversity efforts at universities and job protections for tenured faculty, strengthen parents’ ability to veto K-12 class materials and extend a ban on teaching about gender and sexuality — from third grade up to eighth grade."

Link

The Republicans are running quite the repressive regime in Florida. Power has really gone to their heads.

The right-wingers may tell us that it is not age appropriate for a girl to talk about her own period.
How do I read the article?
Am I supposed to join the Washington Post or just take their word for it?
No thanks.

The GOP lawmaker representing Ocala, Fla., later clarified that it “would not be the intent” of the bill to punish girls if they came to teachers with questions or concerns about their menstrual cycle, adding that he’d be “amenable” to amendments if they were to come up.

He mis-spoke. Moving on.

"As Florida Republicans are introducing and advancing a wave of bills on gender and diversity that are likely to be signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), one GOP lawmaker acknowledged this week that his proposed sexual health bill would ban girls from talking about their menstrual cycles in school.

...McClain’s proposed legislation is among a spate of new Republican-sponsored bills that could reshape K-12 and higher education in Florida. Bills filed by GOP state representatives and senators in recent weeks range from requiring teachers to use pronouns matching children’s sex as assigned at birth to establishing a universal school-choice voucher program. Other proposed legislation would eliminate college majors in gender studies, cut diversity efforts at universities and job protections for tenured faculty, strengthen parents’ ability to veto K-12 class materials and extend a ban on teaching about gender and sexuality — from third grade up to eighth grade."

Link

The Republicans are running quite the repressive regime in Florida. Power has really gone to their heads.

The right-wingers may tell us that it is not age appropriate for a girl to talk about her own period.
Florida has been busy with this cultural stuff; I don’t think these issues are that important to most voters. The economy, crime, health care, jobs, inflation, climate change, immigration etc. are the major issues. To most, I think these are side issues unless one is a die-hard ideologue on one side or the other. I can agree that any type of sex education shouldn’t be taught to kids in K-8th grade. To me those kids are too young. They have in all this other stuff gone too far, overboard. School Vouchers has been a hot topic for decades now, that is another I understand. Letting parents have the ability to get their kids from poorer schools to better schools make sense to me. We used to have race relations classes when I was in the army, it’s called something else today. But something like that for High School kids, perhaps Junior High depending which could include trans-genders. What I found is kids being kids go out and play with each other regardless of race and have loads of fun when young. This hatred of different races must be taught at some time during a kids growing up period. A learned trait.

How will all this culture war stuff play if DeSantis enters the presidential race? It may help him in the Republican primaries. I don’t think it will be an asset to him in the general election, quite the opposite. But that the main, normal issues like inflation, crime, the economy, jobs, healthcare etc. will probably override the cultural stuff as it usually does. I’ve found out over the years that those who vote on cultural issues one way or the other have been die hard voters for one party or the other for decades. It’s the main issues and how the country along with one’s own personal life are doing that will decide how swing voters vote.

Another rich propaganda piece.

What about men in women’s bathrooms and competing in sports.

The left attacks women and then advocates for them. Does it even make any sense? Nope.

Does anyone know of anything Desantis is actually FOR? I mean he's;
  • Against girls talking about their periods
  • Against education (teachers and books)
  • Against CRT
  • Against "Woke" (which is so undefined & general that when he finds something he dislikes he tags it with "woke" and then attacks it)
I mean, WTF is this guy for doing aside from deconstructing?

I hope that my own state doesn't go extreme right like Florida.

Link

Small government republicans at it again.

Republicans are really pulling for the “don’t trust anything that bleeds for three days and doesn’t die” demographic.
This is why they should be able to pass everything they want. America needs to understand how stupid they are

Does anyone know of anything Desantis is actually FOR? I mean he's;
  • Against girls talking about their periods
  • Against education (teachers and books)
  • Against CRT
  • Against "Woke" (which is so undefined & general that when he finds something he dislikes he tags it with "woke" and then attacks it)
I mean, WTF is this guy for doing aside from deconstructing?
The GOP hasn't actually built anything since 1992.

All that is going to happen at this rate is a growing economic, academic, socioeconomic divide between “red” and “blue” states.

You’re going to watch regressive policies continue to lead to lower “quality of life” in states that embrace backward policies - while other states continue to progress and advance.

I just wonder how far down the rabbit hole it will go.

I look forward to the left mislabling this as the "Don't say tampon" law! :ROFLMAO:

dear Lord......where did this guy come from.....and surely the people of Florida are not this stupid......hmmm....oh wait ...yes they are....they elected him

The day is not far away when Republican lawmakers will pass a bill legalizing the public stoning of women for various "crimes".

Mullah DeSantis will very happily sign it.

Back
Top Bottom