• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida: “Tread on us. Please.”

I guess DiSantis doesn't understand what a true leader does for his or her country. And yet he spends $12m to strand asylum seekers and relies on donations to aid his citizens.

Hey, it works. Very well. Because that's what gets the Trump base votes.

Biden is basically saying, forget DeSantis and think about the people of Florida. Biden does not see blue of red people but American people as the rest of us should.
Accurate assessment. Now, the challenge is to get the Trump cult to see that. Both love and Cults make you blind, unfortunately....

Typical rightie, screaming bloody murder every time one of your heroes’ hypocrisy and stupidity is called out.
Isn't that the truth ??!!
It is a reason you see these morons with Trump signs and flags STILL waving even now, yet many Dems don't put signs up for fear of the wackos on the right out there....

I saw that on my news service. It is the word "privately" that leaps out! I don't know about where you were but three churches in my area sponsored 11 people in 3 families, gauranteeing costs past two years!

We hate bragging so few people know that we got doctors (actual GP's!), tradesmen, nurses, teachers and a whole lot of very, very grateful people.
I live on a Gulf Island with about 1,000 people and we sponsored a family from Syria. After a year or so they had to move to Powell River because there wasnt a fulltime job for the father here.
10s of thousandsof Syrians fitted seamlessly into Canadian society despite what must have been a pretty severe culture shock.

Nope, fact. If you look at the dictionary definition of “can’t take it”, it’s the right waving at you.
It's fact that they are 'screaming bloody murder'? That's all I commented on.

I live on a Gulf Island with about 1,000 people and we sponsored a family from Syria. After a year or so they had to move to Powell River because there wasnt a fulltime job for the father here.
10s of thousandsof Syrians fitted seamlessly into Canadian society despite what must have been a pretty severe culture shock.
"...fitted seamlessly into Canadian society despite what must have been a pretty severe culture shock.""

That's what astonishes me most.

Not only do Syrians fit in, but people from all over the world. The problem we have is that indigenous people don't feel they belong. My experience is we treat

I have no idea what to even suggest in that arena. We've been throwing money at it for ages and it grows worse.

Pointing out the hypocrisy was the goal of the OP.
Yeah, because everything is so "black and white", correct. Whenever I see something like this I always wonder "what ELSE was in that bill" Politicians are skilled at sticking poison pills in "feels good" or must past bills.

When a big natural disaster hits, even states run by far right wingers need help. The country should still help the people who are affected.

Yeah, because everything is so "black and white", correct. Whenever I see something like this I always wonder "what ELSE was in that bill" Politicians are skilled at sticking poison pills in "feels good" or must past bills.
you admitted the hypocrisy and now you cry about it.

"...fitted seamlessly into Canadian society despite what must have been a pretty severe culture shock.""

That's what astonishes me most.

Not only do Syrians fit in, but people from all over the world. The problem we have is that indigenous people don't feel they belong. My experience is we treat

I have no idea what to even suggest in that arena. We've been throwing money at it for ages and it grows worse.
I think you almost have to separate the Native population into urban and rural. Out of high school I worked in mines around the north and there was pretty much no difference, no distinction, between whites and natives. Later I apprenticed as a structural Ironworker and I worked with plenty of Native guys over nearly 30 years on the red iron and it was just natural. I think it gets to be a problem in urban settings where plenty of white people only occasionally encounter Natives and where Natives from rural, sometimes very rural, backgrounds have a real problem fitting in.
And if it looks like a Native guy from way out in the sticks has trouble adjusting to Vancouver, just take one or two Kitsilano cowboys and drop 'em into Old Crow, YT or even Tahsis, BC and watch them try to adjust!

Weak, partisan shit in the midst of a massive natural disaster. Typical lefty dirty politics.
Desantis voted against hurricane relief for other states because they were blue states. Did you criticize him for it?

Desantis voted against hurricane relief for other states because they were blue states. Did you criticize him for it?
BS.

Didn’t think so. In that case, your opinion wasn’t worth the minuscule bandwidth it took to deliver it to me. Have a nice evening.

Back
Top Bottom