• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

First Lady Wants People to Drink More Plain Water.....

And this has exactly what to do with my comment?

hmmm.gif
.....well Pete it has to do with Water and your Health. Drink Up nows! :2razz:

Vichy-Catalan-top-image.jpg

Hard to do when you send your own kids to private schools. I also see no federal role in that at all - check the constitution and try to find education as a federal power. Better that the first lady stick to non-government issues. I like the fact that she is trying to use her media exposure to convince folks that obesity is a diet/behavior problem that can be "fixed" w/o some moronic gov't program.

Mornin' Ttwtt. :2wave: Talkin that Good Life.....huh? :shock:

Product%20Shot%20copy.jpg

:2razz:

She was not too far from me yesterday. Oddly in a town named Watertown,which btw's main businesses are a Pepsi and Seven Up bottling plants. Odd. Not to mention it's a conservative stronghold. Look,I have nothing against her efforts to promote healthier lifestyles but I do think she goes too far with the politics.

Mornin DM. :2wave: Down the road from you.....eh? :mrgreen:

custom-label-bottled-water-pi_1.png

Sorry, but this President and this First Lady don't "suggest" anything - they "preach".

Secondly, good to see that you're so facinated with Rush Limbaugh that you listen to his program. Being Canadian and not into that sort of thing, I've never heard his show. He and his sponsors will be pleased to know he has a faithful listener in you.

Heya CJ.....Are you saying they spend the two Dollars just to help the economy. Despite what they are told reading the Label. :lol:

150955828491_1.jpg

hmmm.gif
.....well Pete it has to do with Water and your Health. Drink Up nows! :2razz:

Vichy-Catalan-top-image.jpg

Still dont get it.. /shrug. Showing me fancy bubbly water pictures means nothing.

More people die every year caused by obesity then tobacco so when are we going to see the higher taxes on junk food? and pictures of fat people on the packages

Yes more people die now because of obesity than tobacco, but it was not that just 30 years ago. Today there fewer smokers than ever and that means less die of smoking related issues.. and yes programs to limit smoking, hight taxes and pictures on packets and limiting access HAS WORKED.

And when that will happen on fatty foods.. soon I hope, but the food industry is far more powerful than the tobacco industry ever was..

Indeed so, and in many places your teeth get a wee benefit of fluoride as well (cue the Alex Jones set).

I did travel to a medium sized city in India once and the 'tap' water was just freaky looking. Brownish and with stuff in it... I stuck to bottled water and 'thumbs up'. :)

View attachment 67153543

"Uh oh".....you didn't just say Fluoride did you CL? :shock:

BottledWaterFluoride.JPG

Fluoride is Dumbing Down America (Humor)

Still dont get it.. /shrug. Showing me fancy bubbly water pictures means nothing.

Well since you are looking to get so technical and not having fun with it Pete. Do me a favor. Let us know whats up with this problem and Water.

fijibottledwater-copy-6.jpg

Shouldn't be to to difficult now. ;)

Michelle Obama has pushed Americans to eat healthier and to exercise more.
Now she says we should "drink up" too. As in plain water. And more of it.
a3646913c8d9271e3d0f6a706700bcee.jpg

The first lady, who has spent several years highlighting the problem of childhood obesity, is getting behind a national campaign being announced Thursday to encourage people to drink more old-fashioned, calorie-free water. Whether it comes from a faucet, an underground spring, a rambling river or a plastic bottle, the message is: "Drink up."

She was joining the Partnership for a Healthier America as the nonpartisan, nonprofit group launches the effort from Watertown, Wis., with backing from a variety of sources, including the beverage industry, media, government and entertainers such as actress Eva Longoria. Mrs. Obama is the partnership's honorary chairwoman.

The first lady said she has realized since beginning the childhood obesity initiative in 2010 that drinking more water is the best thing people can do for their health.

"Drink just one more glass of water a day and you can make a real difference for your health, your energy and the way you feel. So 'drink up' and see for yourself," she said in a statement before the announcement.

Every bodily system depends on water, which makes up about 60 percent of a person's body weight, according to the Mayo Clinic. Water also is a calorie-free option for people concerned about weight control, is largely inexpensive and is available practically everywhere.

How much water a person should drink daily depends on various factors, including their health, activity level and where they live. Studies have produced varying recommendations over the years, and, in 2004, the Institute of Medicine decided against recommending a daily amount of water. The institute said the average person gets enough water every day from a mix of beverages, including caffeinated ones, and the water that exists in fruits and other foods.....snip~

Sheeeeeees' Baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Drink up the First Lady says. Okay water is healthy or suppose to be. Most know this. Course now the Extreme Right will be questioning what is being put into the Water. :shock: Could it be.....Colorless and Odorless Obama Kool-Aid?

You Will be Assimilated. :2razz:

EC_180207_ObamaBorg.jpg

borg_barack_obamas_redistributionist_government_bumper_sticker-r479851f1e0584a7cbd33b424dd3aa50e_v9wht_8byvr_324.jpg

The First Lady has my permission to suck up all of the H20 that her body can handle, heck, she can even bathe in it for all I care,

Me, I'm sticking with what I've been drinking for quite a while, namely-beer.

Does anyone on these forums have any idea what fish do in water?

That's just one reason why you won't see me drinking any of it any time soon.

I don't plan on contaminating my precious bodily fluids with that crap.

Last edited:
The First Lady has my permission to suck up all of the H20 that her body can handle, heck, she can even bathe in it for all I care,

Mornin' SN. :2wave: Stay Thirsty my friend! :lol:

20130729_water3.jpg

but.gif
What about her? :2razz:

Does anyone have any idea what Diana Nyad said she did in the water?

More people die every year caused by obesity then tobacco so when are we going to see the higher taxes on junk food? and pictures of fat people on the packages

Mornin Trf. :2wave: I think there is something that can help with that. :lol:

8-Oz--Creative-Water-Bottle_20090621109.jpg

Well unless.....

delivery_10.jpg

You're talkin heavy water. :2razz:

So... she is 10000% correct. Why are you and the US right it seems against being healthy? Water > beer and soda.. that is a fact.

Human beings have iron in their system. Everyone knows that water rusts iron. IE: Water will rust your innards!

Human beings have iron in their system. Everyone knows that water rusts iron. IE: Water will rust your innards!

Afternoon KS. :2wave: Elements just another part of the Elements. :lol:

purified_water_bottled_slogan.jpg

When we get older, we no longer need all that iron. It's the younger that have the rust problem. Collects in the cranial cavity, brains turn to mush, and then they start posting on political boards claiming they know everything. It's sad.

Afternoon KS. :2wave: Elements just another part of the Elements. :lol:

purified_water_bottled_slogan.jpg

And when those two elements combine they rust. Some things you just don't mix. Ex: Sodium and water.

When we get older, we no longer need all that iron. It's the younger that have the rust problem. Collects in the cranial cavity, brains turn to mush, and then they start posting on political boards claiming they know everything. It's sad.

Afternoon HB. :2wave: I've come across some of that myself. :lol:

naya-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom