• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Finally we hear the REAL information in the Zimmerman trial......

Actually it is a permit that allows you to carry where you want within the actual law, not what you want or think it should be, patrol or not. Now I personally think carrying a wepon while on patrol with a citizens watch is a bad idea. He was not however on patrol, he was out to get grocery's and spotted what he thought was a suspicious person.

Actually it does give him the right and I do live in Florida, I am also an ex cop and former military. I also have my CCW and carry everywhere except places restricted by law.

Proof? Evidence? Something to actually counter his argument?

No. Your argument is complete and utter fail.
I can see why you are an EX cop.
No concealed permit allows for a citizen to patrol his neighborhood. Ever. Yes, it would be hard to prove when you can just say you were taking a walk.
But that is not what permits are for.
There is no evidence so far that anyone "jumped out of" any bushes either, that is a whole new claim with no facts to back it up.
And getting laid out and beat down is proof he had no business following people around and playing neighborhood cop.

There is no evidence so far that anyone "jumped out of" any bushes either, that is a whole new claim with no facts to back it up.
:doh:lamo:doh:lamo:doh

I can see why you are an EX cop.
Then please tell me why?

No concealed permit allows for a citizen to patrol his neighborhood. Ever. Yes, it would be hard to prove when you can just say you were taking a walk. But that is not what permits are for.

No. No such law exists nor has it ever. It is not illegal to patrol your neighborhood with a CCW. It is not recommended, but NOT illegal. And no it's not what they are for, but again not illegal in any way. But that is not what permits are for is true. Does not however make it illegal.

It is Zimmerman's claim which makes it evidence. Now if you have evidence that says otherwise, now would be a good time to present it?

And getting laid out and beat down is proof he had no business following people around and playing neighborhood cop.

It is proof enough under Florida law, your opinion is trumped by this simple fact.

No evidence, just Zimmermans word. That I would not trust as far as I could throw his fat ass.

Did you not watch Officer Singleton testify to the bushes statement?

Then please tell me why?

No. No such law exists nor has it ever. It is not illegal to patrol your neighborhood with a CCW. It is not recommended, but NOT illegal. And no it's not what they are for, but again not illegal in any way.But that is not what permits are for.

It is Zimmerman's claim which makes it evidence. Now if you have evidence that says otherwise, now would be a good time to present it?

It is proof enough under Florida law, your opinion is trumped by this simple fact.
If you see that Zimmermans actions that night and the months preceding it were prudent and justified, I can clearly see it. He was looking for trouble and he found it.
Not recommended, right. I never said it was illegal. But if you are going to do it, be prepared for anything. Not let yourself get jumped and beat down for doing it. If you were a cop I am sure you didnt shoot everyone that laid a hand on you did you?
Zimmermans claim, big deal. What else is he going to say, he got beat down in a stand up fight? Which is what happened, but he probably is embarrased about it.
My opinion is you dont follow, stalk, or engage people you cant control in a reasonable manner without having to shoot them. If shooting them is your only recourse, you have failed.

If you see that Zimmermans actions that night and the months preceding it were prudent and justified, I can clearly see it. He was looking for trouble and he found it.

That is nothing more than speculation on your part. The evidence so far does not backup your unprofessional opinion.

Not recommended, right. I never said it was illegal. But if you are going to do it, be prepared for anything. Not let yourself get jumped and beat down for doing it. If you were a cop I am sure you didnt shoot everyone that laid a hand on you did you?

No. But I know officers that got killed by being jumped. I lost friends in the line of duty because of being ambushed. Your Hollywood bravado means little to me. I have seen and lived it. You pretend you know something and you know nothing and have no experience whatsoever in the real world.

Zimmermans claim, big deal. What else is he going to say, he got beat down in a stand up fight? Which is what happened, but he probably is embarrased about it.

Your ignorance on the subject matter is now full blown. I would have shot him as well, with my taser. Police carry clubs and tasers etc. Most civilians don't. You are trying desperately to make it sound like anyone who is not a trained police officer should not have a gun. You are wrong.

My opinion is you dont follow, stalk, or engage people you cant control in a reasonable manner without having to shoot them. If shooting them is your only recourse, you have failed.

Zimmerman did not stalk, nor was he following when he was attacked. He also did not confront Martin. So far you are 0 for 5.

That is nothing more than speculation on your part. The evidence so far does not backup your unprofessional opinion.

No. But I know officers that got killed by being jumped. I lost friends in the line of duty because of being ambushed. Your Hollywood bravado means little to me. I have seen and lived it. You pretend you know something and you know nothing and have no experience whatsoever in the real world.

Your ignorance on the subject matter is now full blown. I would have shot him as well, with my teaser. Police carry clubs and teasers etc. Most civilians don't. You are trying desperately to make it sound like anyone who is not a trained police officer should not have a gun. You are wrong.

Zimmerman did not stalk, nor was he following when he was attacked. He also did not confront Martin. So far you are 0 for 5.
So people you met during your career, you know the ones that called the police all the time. What did you think of them. They are looked at as being nuts.
No experience, keep thinking that junior.
Never said they need police training, in fact thats probably the last thing seeing as most police training involves not injuring others in a fight.
Never said people shouldnt own guns, thats some crazy assumption on your part.
And you are right Martin confronted Zimmerman, and proceeded to kick the crap out of him. So your score keeping is alittle off.

So people you met during your career, you know the ones that called the police all the time. What did you think of them. They are looked at as being nuts.

At 50 years old you should have learned by now everyone does not act like robots.

No experience, keep thinking that junior.

I am as old as you are and my name is not "jr." so I suggest you stow that crap and instead come up with a real argument.

Never said they need police training, in fact thats probably the last thing seeing as most police training involves not injuring others in a fight.

I never said you did. I said "you sound like" huge difference. Well that shows how little you actually know about police training.

Never said people shouldnt own guns, thats some crazy assumption on your part.

Again I said "sound like" you need to actually read what I am saying and understand it.

And you are right Martin confronted Zimmerman, and proceeded to kick the crap out of him. So your score keeping is alittle off.

No it is absolutely correct...

My opinion is you dont follow, stalk -Zimmerman did not stalk Martin -1
engage people you cant control in a reasonable manner No one engages people including police based on fantasy "control." -1
reasonable manner without having to shoot them. Same as above -1
And getting laid out and beat down is proof he had no business following people around and playing neighborhood cop. The evidence does not support this at all -1
I can see why you are an EX cop. Nothing but an ad hominem and pure lie/speculation, period. -1

So far you have presented nothing to support any of your arguments, nothing at all. You have also shown to be less than knowledgeable on the subject matter and are basing information on wrong guesses and emotion. Not much else.

Thanks for playing and have a good night.

Nope, if prosecution is brought forth under good faith. He has no standing.

Exactly my point. The prosecution has to be for an improper reason such as political pressure. Are you watching the complete unraveling of the presentation? This case wasn't brought because there was reason to believe Zimmerman was guilty. There was pressure all the way from the President of the US.

This case is an excellent candidate for Malicious Prosecution. The key is a jury decision of Not Guilty.

Last edited:
You have no bias do you?

Yes, I have plenty of bias.
I dont say Zimmerman didnt end up having the right to shoot do protect, but how he handled things up to that point is what I question.

At 50 years old you should have learned by now everyone does not act like robots.

I am as old as you are and my name is not "jr." so I suggest you stow that crap and instead come up with a real argument.
I have given a real arguement, you just dont like it and wish to try to throw some weight around.
"Sound like", keep making assumptions. You know what that gets you.
Zimmerman followed, he admits it. He asked if it were ok by dispatch.
Just losing the arguement and saying you are winning is not winning my man. Grow up.
You are not a cop, just because you say something holds no water with me. Your opinion of my belief in what the facts will show means nothing.

I never said you did. I said "you sound like" huge difference. Well that shows how little you actually know about police training.

Again I said "sound like" you need to actually read what I am saying and understand it.

No it is absolutely correct...

My opinion is you dont follow, stalk -Zimmerman did not stalk Martin -1
engage people you cant control in a reasonable manner No one engages people including police based on fantasy "control." -1
reasonable manner without having to shoot them. Same as above -1
And getting laid out and beat down is proof he had no business following people around and playing neighborhood cop. The evidence does not support this at all -1
I can see why you are an EX cop. Nothing but an ad hominem and pure lie/speculation, period. -1

So far you have presented nothing to support any of your arguments, nothing at all. You have also shown to be less than knowledgeable on the subject matter and are basing information on wrong guesses and emotion. Not much else.

Thanks for playing and have a good night.
Stupid people do, they are very easy to figure out. As was Zimmerman.

Support? Who got his ass handed to him and who had no choice but to shoot an unarmed man?

Forget the fact so many media outlets showed Zimmerman's mug shot and Martin's picture as a 12 year old. Forget NBC actually EDITED the tape in attempt to show something NOT there. Forget the IDIOCY of a segment of our population marching in the streets. Forget the MORON spike lee publishing what he thought was Zimmerman's home address. Forget the CRIMINAL new black panthers calling for a PUBLIC bounty for which the criminal a.g. eric holder didn't take action. Forget the asshat roseanne barr saying she wished Martin had shot Zimmerman.

Just listen, to ACTUAL words, THE NIGHT OF THE INCIDENT as recorded by a police officer.

LISTEN: Zimmerman's Recorded Statement To Police Investigator

This trial is a farce. Due to nothing more than hysteria of a segment of our population, George Zimmerman's life will NEVER be the same, all because he protected himself.

Exactly. It was self-defense, nothing more. This is merely political, however, it has HUGE implications for the rest of Zimmerman's life. It is sick and disgusting. The media, Activists, and the President are to blame for this.

Stupid people do, they are very easy to figure out. As was Zimmerman.

Support? Who got his ass handed to him and who had no choice but to shoot an unarmed man?

You have made the "he got his ass handed to him" so many times here you could just change your screen name to same. He got sucker punched in the face and broke his nose. He was on the bottom of "an MMA style ground and pound", George Zimmerman ended it.

The mistakes that were made were NOT George Zimmerman's. The MISTAKES that were OBVIOUSLY made were Martin's, he's no longer living in this realm.

You have made the "he got his ass handed to him" so many times here you could just change your screen name to same. He got sucker punched in the face and broke his nose. He was on the bottom of "an MMA style ground and pound", George Zimmerman ended it.

The mistakes that were made were NOT George Zimmerman's. The MISTAKES that were OBVIOUSLY made were Martin's, he's no longer living in this realm.

Zimmerman certainly made the first and most crucial mistake in this whole mess - he got out and followed Martin. That cannot be denied.

Exactly. It was self-defense, nothing more. This is merely political, however, it has HUGE implications for the rest of Zimmerman's life. It is sick and disgusting. The media, Activists, and the President are to blame for this.
Personal responsibility calls for Zimmerman to blamed for his, everything else is hyperbole.
Once Zimmerman allowed for things to get so out of control that he had no recourse to shoot, it was a good shoot. But he let it escalate. Pushed the issue if you ask me.

Yep, he was getting his ass handed to him. Prior to that he allowed himself to get sucker punched.
That kid just didnt come out of nowhere. Zimm was following him and the kid was smarter and doubled back on him and cleaned his clock.
Why? Because Zimmerman had no biz following anyone or attempting to engage anyone.

Zimmerman certainly made the first and most crucial mistake in this whole mess - he got out and followed Martin. That cannot be denied.

Do you know when George got out of his car? Do you know WHY he got out of his car? Do you know what he was DOING when told by the initial dispatcher not to follow? Do you know he WASN"T following when the altercation occurred?

Your representation of NON facts makes your statement appear factual. It's NOT, in the least, "factual" as supported by the evidence.

Yep, he was getting his ass handed to him. Prior to that he allowed himself to get sucker punched.
That kid just didnt come out of nowhere. Zimm was following him and the kid was smarter and doubled back on him and cleaned his clock.
Why? Because Zimmerman had no biz following anyone or attempting to engage anyone.

You are lost. Lost in your own world. You've been shown to be ill informed at best, simply ignoring fact at worst. You are entitled to your opinion, it simply has no factual foundation in this matter.

Personal responsibility calls for Zimmerman to blamed for his, everything else is hyperbole.
Once Zimmerman allowed for things to get so out of control that he had no recourse to shoot, it was a good shoot. But he let it escalate. Pushed the issue if you ask me.

Evidence so far has not shown that HE let it escalate, shows that Martin sought him out.

Had Travon lived I bet he would have a different story.....Zimmerman gave his rendition....and what esle matters when you guys want to believe that?

The danger here is ....I don't give a dam who was on top or on the bottom.

You cannot have a system where vigilantes run around with guns .....pick a fight ...and them claim they had no option.
Zimmerman was getting his ass kicked because the fat pig felt he could handle the kid ....wether or not he had injuries or Travon was on top .....makes no difference to me!

Zimmerman is like most coward I see with a gun...
1) Step one ...Check if he's black
2) Step 2 check if he's armed
3) Kill him and then say ....you're standing your ground.

Trust me ...black people will exact punishment in some way for this...and frankly...I don't blame them.

^ That is a grotesquely racist message and of vigilante racism. Anything else you want to tells us about what them "black people" will do?

Last edited:
Had Travon lived I bet he would have a different story.....Zimmerman gave his rendition....and what esle matters when you guys want to believe that?

The danger here is ....I don't give a dam who was on top or on the bottom.

You cannot have a system where vigilantes run around with guns .....pick a fight ...and them claim they had no option.
Zimmerman was getting his ass kicked because the fat pig felt he could handle the kid ....wether or not he had injuries or Travon was on top .....makes no difference to me!

Zimmerman is like most coward I see with a gun...
1) Step one ...Check if he's black
2) Step 2 check if he's armed
3) Kill him and then say ....you're standing your ground.

Trust me ...black people will exact punishment in some way for this...and frankly...I don't blame them.

So far the evidence shows that Martin was the racist, and jumped Zimmerman. Your comments are EXTREMELY out of line and racist.

Exactly my point. The prosecution has to be for an improper reason such as political pressure. Are you watching the complete unraveling of the presentation? This case wasn't brought because there was reason to believe Zimmerman was guilty. There was pressure all the way from the President of the US.

This case is an excellent candidate for Malicious Prosecution. The key is a jury decision of Not Guilty.
Study the law then post about malicious prosecution.
The judge allowed the trial to move forward. Meaning the case had the courts blessing and therefore had merit.

Do you know when George got out of his car? Do you know WHY he got out of his car? Do you know what he was DOING when told by the initial dispatcher not to follow? Do you know he WASN"T following when the altercation occurred?

Your representation of NON facts makes your statement appear factual. It's NOT, in the least, "factual" as supported by the evidence.

Oh yeah he HAD to get out of the truck after he lost track of Martin to the look for the street name, of the neighborhood he is a watchman for. Right? Then he was reportedly attacked. He made the choice to get out instead of leaving it up to the proper authorities to locate the suspect, you cannot deny that was his mistake.

And since you fought up "facts", why don't you state the "facts and evidence" (other than the persons testimony) that showed there was a factual reason he HAD to get out of his truck.

Edit: geez why is it so hard for each side to say yes, they BOTH made mistakes and admit their person did the wrong thing?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom