• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Finally we hear the REAL information in the Zimmerman trial......

LOL omg.......you know nothing of the tort system.

I know they paid, I know they paid because of Zimmermans actions prior to and during the confrontation with Trayvon. But yea, you know better.
Your hero is a bigger punk than Trayvon.

Because Crump misrepresented the facts.
Once Zimmerman is acquitted, expect them to be filing with the court to have the settlement voided due to his misrepresentation.
Please, hold you breath for that.

I know they paid, I know they paid because of Zimmermans actions prior to and during the confrontation with Trayvon. But yea, you know better.
Your hero is a bigger punk than Trayvon.

LOL I said it before I'll say it again, you sir/madam know NOTHING of the tort system.

I know they paid because of Zimmermans actions prior to and during the confrontation with Trayvon.
You do not know that, as you are assuming.

You do not know that, as you are assuming.
Really, you sure of that. Please, tell me why would they pay? Oh, I know. Because the litigation was going to cost millions. By the time it was over they would be bankrupt, thats why they made an offer and paid it out.

Really, you sure of that. Please, tell me why would they pay? Oh, I know. Because the litigation was going to cost millions. By the time it was over they would be bankrupt, thats why they made an offer and paid it out.
:doh
You are still assuming.

The portion of the settlement made public Friday had been edited to eliminate the names of the parties and people making payment.

"It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties," the settlement said.

Trayvon Martin wrongful death claim more than $1 million - Orlando Sentinel

So we clearly have established that you have no clue about this specific issue.
What other issue would you like to establish the same?

You are still assuming.

The portion of the settlement made public Friday had been edited to eliminate the names of the parties and people making payment.

"It is understood and agreed that the payment made herein is not to be construed as an admission of any liability by or on behalf of the releasing parties; but instead the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation, the uncertainties stemming from litigation as well as to protect and secure the good name and good will of the released parties," the settlement said.

Trayvon Martin wrongful death claim more than $1 million - Orlando Sentinel

So we clearly have established that you have no clue about this specific issue.
What other issue would you like to establish the same?
What? Clearly they paid because they knew Zimmerman was walking their property like johnny law and it back fired. You think they paid Martins family for kicks?

After he is found innocent of all charges, Zman may have a good case for a civil suit for Malicious Prosecution, which could result in his life becoming much better.
Nope, if prosecution is brought forth under good faith. He has no standing.

What? Clearly they paid because they knew Zimmerman was walking their property like johnny law and it back fired. You think they paid Martins family for kicks?
It tells you why it was paid.
Not because of some wild fantasy you have regarding Zimmerman.

It tells you why it was paid.
Not because of some wild fantasy you have regarding Zimmerman.
Read between the lines. They paid to stave off a lawsuit. Gee is it that hard?

Read between the lines. They paid to stave off a lawsuit. Gee is it that hard?
That is not reading between the lines.

Duh!

"the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation"

That is not reading between the lines.

Duh!

"the monies being paid hereunder is consideration for avoiding litigation"
Yea, litigation about the Martin shooting.
And the culpability they had in the fact that they knew Zimmerman's actions.

Yea, litigation about the Martin shooting.
And the culpability they had in the fact that they knew Zimmerman's actions.
Nope.
You are still assuming.

Ok, counselor. You "must" know better. I think you are just blinded by the fact that you know what he did was wrong and stupid.
And therein lies your problem. What he did (acting in self-defense), is not wrong.
Nor was it stupid, but justified.

Let me just say this for the record, it really makes ZERO difference how much melanin one has in their epidermis, it really makes ZERO difference what transpired prior, if someone has broken my nose, and is on top of me pummeling me in (as a witness in the actual TRIAL testified) a "ground and pound" MMA manner, I will draw my weapon and discharge it until said perpetrator no longer has the capacity to continue. Period.

And if we weren't talking about this case, you would probably also say "if somebody is following me in their car, then gets out to pursue me, I would pummel them in a "ground and pound" MMA manner." The people who talk big, like you're doing right now, are the same people who would support Trayvon's actions 100% were he not... himself. I'm not saying you're racist, but I think you and a lot of others are judging him based on his background and supposed character and age. But I bet if your son came home (if you have a son, if you don't you can just pretend) and if he said some middle aged man was following him around, so he jumped at the guy and beat him to a pulp, you would applaud.

And therein lies your problem. What he did (acting in self-defense), is not wrong.
Nor was it stupid, but justified.
He brought on what happened to him. Yes, the case should come down to who made the first illegal move. But Zimmerman was stupid for the way he handled himself.

He brought on what happened to him. Yes, the case should come down to who made the first illegal move. But Zimmerman was stupid for the way he handled himself.
Not at the point of having to defend himself, he did not.

You don't like that he kept eyes on a suspicious person. I don't care. What he did was legal and prudent. Not stupid.

Not at the point of having to defend himself, he did not.

You don't like that he kept eyes on a suspicious person. I don't care. What he did was legal and prudent. Not stupid.
Prudent to get a beat down from a 17 year old? Hahahaha
Please tell me you dont carry a weapon. I can see another John Wayne just making things worse.

Patrolling with your CWP weapon is not what your permit is for. And yes, been in plenty of fights and some in the dark.

Actually it is a permit that allows you to carry where you want within the actual law, not what you want or think it should be, patrol or not. Now I personally think carrying a wepon while on patrol with a citizens watch is a bad idea. He was not however on patrol, he was out to get grocery's and spotted what he thought was a suspicious person.

CWP training is 4 whole hours in class and a few rounds at the range. Big deal. It does not give him the right to patrol with his weapon. And you were not there and I doubt you even live in Florida.

Actually it does give him the right and I do live in Florida, I am also an ex cop and former military. I also have my CCW and carry everywhere except places restricted by law.

No body jumped out of the bushes, that is a total fabrication.

Proof? Evidence? Something to actually counter his argument?

If you are going to follow people around and play cop you better be man enough to take them on when things go south. Zimmerman failed.

No. Your argument is complete and utter fail.

Back
Top Bottom