• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Filet Mignon vs Prime Rib

I chose

• Total voters
The word "Sizzler" should be outlawed from any place that serves meat. You may not have seen the chain back east but in the 80's and 90's across the west the "Sizzler" chain became legendary for the crap they called food. Stray dogs would stand across the street from the restaurants and shiver at the thought they might need to rummage through the trash there one day.

Well no I'm wrong, it wasn't "western sizzler" it was "Western Steer". I think.

ANYWAY... it was good. :)

I avoid red meat at the current time, mainly for health reasons.. but if I was going to indulge myself, I would go for a standing rib roast, and yorkshire pudding.

And although Texas generally is a wasteland, they DO have damn good beef there.

smart

In the US there is a certification (industry level) for the quality of beef and CAB (Certified Angus Beef) is the highest quality Angus available.

That is not a quality level certification. It is a breed certification. The quality levels are Select, Choice, and Prime. Prime is the best quality certification.

It's a tasty breed. It's also not nearly as expensive as Matsusaka Wagyu, which I meant to say instead of Kobe, Wagyu, and which I believe involves feeding the cows beer when they don't have an appetite and regularly massaging them, to produce excessively marbled meat (read: glorious, saintly, and residing in that strange land beyond deliciousnesses' bounds).

Kobe and Kobe-style wagyu is similarly awesome. Kobe-style is cross-bred with Angus, and the flavor screams with beefy awesomeness.

Wagyu, Matsusaka:

View attachment 67200818

Amen

The Angus is a fattier cow that grows quickly. The flavor does indeed come from the fat.

An aged, high quality, Angus cut of Ribeye grilled medium is my preference. I, usually, marinate my own steaks for 3 days in a soy and herb based solution. Prime Rib though is a better tasting cut of meat to the leaner Filet.

3 days? It doesn't break the meat down too much?

Back
Top Bottom