• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Female mob TWERK on ambulance as it tries to get through Juneteenth crowd to reach injured and dying shooting victims in Oakland

Why is that a great question? Why would one expect reparations for slavery to fix something like this?
It’s a rhetorical question. The black community doesn’t need reparations. It needs to stamp out ghetto culture and look to successful role models that exemplify the behaviors that will help them. And the response to black victims of black gang violence can’t be black people partying and twerking over the victims.

So you can't back up your statement.
Where’s the outrage we saw last summer? A black man murders another black man in the street, in broad daylight, in the middle of a 1,000 person Juneteenth celebration no less and the response to that is...twerking.

So in seven cities. My question is how long each of these cities has been celebrating Juneteenth? Baton Rouge has for a long time, but I'm wondering about the other cities because Juneteenth is a Texas thing. Or was anyway.

It doesn't excuse the behavior though even if they didn't know it was Juneteenth. See Vesper's post just above mine; Post #25.

It’s a rhetorical question. The black community doesn’t need reparations. It needs to stamp out ghetto culture and look to successful role models that exemplify the behaviors that will help them. And the response to black victims of black gang violence can’t be black people partying and twerking over the victims.
So you can't back up your comments.

Where’s the outrage we saw last summer? A black man murders another black man in the street, in broad daylight, in the middle of a 1,000 person Juneteenth celebration no less and the response to that is...twerking.
Chuckle.

It doesn't excuse the behavior though even if they didn't know it was Juneteenth. See Vesper's post just above mine; Post #25.
No, it surely doesn't, not any more than turning up at any event (including protests) simply for the excitement or to raise a little hell.

And there we have it. The prevailing progressive mindset. Black bodies are HILARIOUS when they’re murdered by a black gang member and people twerk over them. But we’d better sack Saks if the murderer is a white police officer because reasons.

So this is Juneteenth.
Of course not!
But you're happy that slavery was abolished, right?

Still trying to "what about" after the Trumpublican Insurrection and Levying War Against the United States, cop beatings, and don't forget the urinating and defecating, as if anything else could be anywhere as bad. :rolleyes:

Lol. I’m just curious as to why you would jump to that conclusion. But in keeping the topic of this thread the commenter in the video above your post asks a great question. “How are reparations gonna fix this?”
Why would it fix it?
What a stupid question

And there we have it. The prevailing progressive mindset. Black bodies are HILARIOUS when they’re murdered by a black gang member and people twerk over them. But we’d better sack Saks if the murderer is a white police officer because reasons.
I'm chuckling at your commentairy.

This is nothing new. No, not the twerking part, but the me myself and I part. I have been in an ambulance on a few occasions, not as a paramedic but as a critical care support, and the ambulance came to a stand still. One was an adult, the other a fragile neonate.
I've also witnessed rigs trying to get through crowded city streets, trying to get the attention of people who were singing, swaying to music, and on one occasion, blowing a job.
Human nature, sad state of affairs, regardless of politics.

Twerking is just a nice way of acting like a slutty whore...

I don't trust British tabloids to put anything in context or just not make shit up.
So you decide that something is true or not based on whether you "trust" the source or not... the ideal target for propaganda outlets that you happen to "trust"...

Lol. I’m just curious as to why you would jump to that conclusion. But in keeping the topic of this thread the commenter in the video above your post asks a great question. “How are reparations gonna fix this?”
They won’t, it doesn’t matter what “reparation” program you create. First off no black person is economically worse off because of slavery. If there was no slavery in the US they would’ve either remained in Africa, or been shipped to the Carribean or Latin America (if lucky) or Arabia (if very not lucky) so without US slavery it is about guaranteed the descendants of slaves would be economically worse off.

That aside, if you make a reparation program for people who’s level of responsibility is blaming whitey and obstructing emergency services workers the reparations will be pissed away like what happens with lottery winners and then we’re back to square one.

So you decide that something is true or not based on whether you "trust" the source or not...

Why assume someone has no prior knowledge of the subject? Is the target audience complete idiots?

Back
Top Bottom