• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Female mob TWERK on ambulance as it tries to get through Juneteenth crowd to reach injured and dying shooting victims in Oakland

Napoleon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Multiple women were seen twerking on the top of an ambulance in Lake Merritt in Oakland, California on Saturday night, as paramedics attempted to make their way through to the scene of a shooting in which one person was killed and at least seven others were wounded.

The ambulance was stopped in its tracks by the crowd which was said to be around 1,000-strong as people gathered to celebrate Juneteenth after it was declared a federal holiday.

When the ambulance could go no further, at least five women began twerking at the side while another pair jumped on the hood of the emergency vehicle.

At least one person was also spotted on top of the roof at one point.
So this is Juneteenth.

Daily Mail.

Do you have a real source?

Daily Mail.

Do you have a real source?

I saw it on both local and national news.

Here's an interesting take on twerking on ambulances. You probably won't like it though.... ;)

Cool so we are going for it's ok to broad brush here but if I say you are an Insurrection lover and supporter you lose your minds..

Oh well.

Cool so we are going for it's ok to broad brush here but if I say you are an Insurrection lover and supporter you lose your minds..

Oh well.
Lol. I’m just curious as to why you would jump to that conclusion. But in keeping the topic of this thread the commenter in the video above your post asks a great question. “How are reparations gonna fix this?”

It's a difficult enough job already without added obstacles. Not cool.

Lets also not pretend that they invented bystander apathy and a selfish couldn't care less attitude.

It's a problem everywhere in general.

So this is Juneteenth.

No. No, it's not. My community has celebrated Juneteenth for decades, and events include a parade, mini-blues and gospel fests, and free admission to a new exhibit on loan from the Smithsonian at the African-American museum.

The twerking is disgusting--fools will be fools--but this is not representative at all. And this is why it made the news.

I saw it on both local and national news.

Here's an interesting take on twerking on ambulances. You probably won't like it though.... ;)

I saw it on the news too. It was video that simply made one stop and ponder - what on earth has happened to this country and some of its people.

So this is Juneteenth.
In such cases, emergency vehicles should be allowed to run the criminals over. The lives of the innocent should be preferred to those of criminals.

I saw it on the news too. It was video that simply made one stop and ponder - what on earth has happened to this country and some of its people.

I don't think some are thinking that what they are doing is criminally or morally wrong because most who partake in activity like this are impulsive pos. It's all about the party and getting on a video they know will be published on social media. That's what is important to them. Priorities!

No. No, it's not. My community has celebrated Juneteenth for decades, and events include a parade, mini-blues and gospel fests, and free admission to a new exhibit on loan from the Smithsonian at the African-American museum.

The twerking is disgusting--fools will be fools--but this is not representative at all. And this is why it made the news.
I think it’s certainly representative of what has been normalized and glorified in the media and the prevailing mindset among progressives. Think about it. It’s Juneteenth. The day the last slaves found out they were free and the first time it’s been recognized as a national holiday.

And what did those people do with it? Black gang members shot a black man dead in the middle of the street and two others were down and bleeding in the road. And nobody was even phased by it. Instead, 1,000 revelers were dancing in the street and obstructing the ambulance while twerking practically over their bodies. That was Juneteenth. And if it had been a white police officer involved shooting - there’d be no city left.

I think it’s certainly representative of what has been normalized and glorified in the media and the prevailing mindset among progressives. Think about it. It’s Juneteenth. The day the last slaves found out they were free and the first time it’s been recognized as a national holiday.

And what did those people do with it? Black gang members shot a black man dead in the middle of the street and two others were down and bleeding in the road. And nobody was even phased by it. Instead, 1,000 revelers were dancing in the street and obstructing the ambulance while twerking practically over their bodies. That was Juneteenth. And if it had been a white police officer involved shooting - there’d be no city left.
Did this happen all over the country?

eta: quote from source
At least eight people were fatally shot and dozens were injured during parties or gatherings on or related to the Juneteenth holiday injured in seven parts of the country, according to officials and local reports.

Shootings on Saturday – a newly declared federal holiday honoring Juneteenth – were reported during events in Colorado, California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Indiana and South Carolina, among others, with at least 33 wounded, according to authorities and multiple reports.

Speaking to reporters following multiple shootings in her city on Saturday, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw noted that many began the day celebrating the designation of Juneteenth as a new federal holiday commemorating the end of slavery but "we again found ourselves lamenting as an otherwise beautiful afternoon had been sullied with gun violence."

Lol. I’m just curious as to why you would jump to that conclusion. But in keeping the topic of this thread the commenter in the video above your post asks a great question. “How are reparations gonna fix this?”
Why is that a great question? Why would one expect reparations for slavery to fix something like this?

Yep. Here’s another example:

“A case report says bullets and shell casings littered the street for at least 300 feet. Deputies say multiple cars were hit by bullets. Officials say hundreds of people were on scene for a large party, and a teen was lying in the road with an apparent gunshot wound to the head. The teen was flown to a Charlotte hospital and officials say multiple other people reportedly sought treatment for gunshot wounds in Gastonia.

The other teen victim in this incident was reported to deputies by a hospital employee in Mount Holly. Hospital officials say they treated the teen for a bullet fragment in the lower right leg.”

What "prevailing mindset among progressives" are you talking about?

I can only hope that karma returns the favor and one day when these fools need an ambulance it is delyed by some idiots shaking their ass.

Why is that a great question? Why would one expect reparations for slavery to fix something like this?
There are those on the right who think that reinstating slavery will fix it.

So in seven cities. My question is how long each of these cities has been celebrating Juneteenth? Baton Rouge has for a long time, but I'm wondering about the other cities because Juneteenth is a Texas thing. Or was anyway.

Another day and another example of blatant immorality and a total disrespect for life. Heathens.

Back
Top Bottom