• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal prosecutors in New York call for 'substantial term' in prison for Trump's ex-lawyer Michael

This thread has been up for over 40 minutes and none of the usual Trump shills, who rarely let a thread go more than 10 minutes before posting their lies and "nothingburgers", still haven't appeared. Odd...

tenor.gif

Now this is odd. Normally a prosecutor's delay's sentencing until after the guy who takes a plea deal testifies on behalf of the prosecution. Apparently they don't expect Cohen to testify against anyone - which suggests that the prosecution is blowing smoke.

No, that doesn't suggest that at all.

Now this is odd. Normally a prosecutor's delay's sentencing until after the guy who takes a plea deal testifies on behalf of the prosecution. Apparently they don't expect Cohen to testify against anyone - which suggests that the prosecution is blowing smoke.
:lol:

Literally the worst take I've heard so far today. Surely you can do better than that.

They can't indict Trump, where would he be testifying to in the short term?
House and Senate may do impeachment one day, they can call Cohen, but I doubt that would be related to this plea.

You know, being president makes it hard for Trump to face the same justice any one of us would be faced with...special times require special measures...and a special counsel :)

besides, I thought Trump wanted it to be speedy and over soon? I suppose they could seal indictments for him, but no evidence of that so far. And if they didn't release this, it could tip their hand for sealed indictments..
So yeah, don't overthink it, all will hopefully be revealed soon.

Last edited:

No, that's not even remotely how any of this works.

It appears the Sovereign District of New York is trying to play bad cop and get Cohen to completely start singing like Flynn did to Mueller. I suspect its going to work and Cohen and legal team will bend the knee and completely throw away any pretense at pride and dignity hoping to reduce this "substantial" term in prison further in the next few months.

Mueller, on the other hand, seems to be playing good cop with Cohen. In the end its all up to Cohen.

This thread has been up for over 40 minutes and none of the usual Trump shills, who rarely let a thread go more than 10 minutes before posting their lies and "nothingburgers", still haven't appeared. Odd...

Marching orders are still being formulated.

Give ‘em a break! It’s 2AM in Moscow on a Friday night.

They can't indict Trump...

Another sobering thought is that Trump could run out the statute of limitations just by being elected to a second term. Aside from that he would need a Presidential pardon by a Republican President that follows him.

Technically speaking, prosecutors could indict him now, which would prevent the SoL from running out, but that's not likely to happen.

So for now where we stand is that if his crimes are to have any meaning then we're back to where we started. Ultimately trump will pay political consequences whether by impeachment or by being voted out of office.

I mean, how do you seriously respond to something like this?

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 3.04.31 PM.jpg?

I mean, how do you seriously respond to something like this?

View attachment 67245608?

So Im going to be that guy..... What the hell though....

Ignoring Jackass Trump's Tweet for a moment and dealing with due process.

This was a direct accusation by Cohen. His admission to create the Trump - Co-conspirator claim is that an ACCUSATION. With in the criminal documentation, Cohen is stating that at the direction of individual #1 (Trump) he paid of Daniels.

While this is Cohen implicating individual Trump. Is there factual evidence to back this up. To make the ACCUSATION truth?

Kinda like Swetnick accusing Kavanaugh. EASY to do and hell on national TV, hard to prove especially without evidence?

So This letter is accusing TRUMP.... until there is evidence and a factual basis. Is this not just an accusation?

Secondly. Cohen's guilty plea still does NOT factualize the statement? So again... its an Accusation thats about it.

*Flame suit activated*

So Im going to be that guy..... What the hell though....

Ignoring Jackass Trump's Tweet for a moment and dealing with due process.

This was a direct accusation by Cohen. His admission to create the Trump - Co-conspirator claim is that an ACCUSATION. With in the criminal documentation, Cohen is stating that at the direction of individual #1 (Trump) he paid of Daniels.

While this is Cohen implicating individual Trump. Is there factual evidence to back this up. To make the ACCUSATION truth?

Kinda like Swetnick accusing Kavanaugh. EASY to do and hell on national TV, hard to prove especially without evidence?

So This letter is accusing TRUMP.... until there is evidence and a factual basis. Is this not just an accusation?

Secondly. Cohen's guilty plea still does NOT factualize the statement? So again... its an Accusation thats about it.

*Flame suit activated*

Read the thread. The idea that the DOJ would rely on Cohen's word alone is unlikely in the extreme. While Cohen may have been the first or primary source of information for the accusation, the DOJ would have corroborating evidence or else they would say "Cohen asserted that Trump ordered him to commit a crime."

This pretty much means the Democrats will pursue an impeachment hearing against Trump.

I think they will too. I didn’t expect them too, but I cannot see how they could ignore this, and there is much more they still need to learn & investigate. 2019 is going to be verrrrryyyyy interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another sobering thought is that Trump could run out the statute of limitations just by being elected to a second term. Aside from that he would need a Presidential pardon by a Republican President that follows him.
Technically speaking, prosecutors could indict him now, which would prevent the SoL from running out, but that's not likely to happen.
Prior things I read said a sealed indictment would be sufficient...indicting now, but we don't know until the serve it later (out of office). But again, even if sealed, DOJ won't indict I'm guessing, so that is indeed unfortunate.

Well it’s getting more and more difficult for them to spin these developments. But I’m sure they’ll surface soon , lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read the thread. The idea that the DOJ would rely on Cohen's word alone is unlikely in the extreme. While Cohen may have been the first or primary source of information for the accusation, the DOJ would have corroborating evidence or else they would say "Cohen asserted that Trump ordered him to commit a crime."

That is to be seen though right? So we are making assumptions that due to cohens letter stating that Individual 1 directed and coordinated, The DOJ is fishing for evidence to factualize this accusation. The question again IS this in fact true?

Secondly reading Specifically "4. Cohen's Illegal Campaign Contributions" per the statement "So as to suppres teh stories and thereby preventing them from influencing the election" This is something the DOJ will have to prove itself? The problem I see is that these situations happened 10 years prior to Trumps election with that already in 2011 there was an interview about it. So it was out in the open per say. To say they hid it to prevent the influence of the election may hold SOME possibilities... But its not like he had the affair during the campaign and then try to hide it?

Dr. Ford is 100% sure it was Kavanaugh that assaulted her, how did that turn out? Sorry burden of proof falls on the accuser.

That is to be seen though right? So we are making assumptions that due to cohens letter stating that Individual 1 directed and coordinated, The DOJ is fishing for evidence to factualize this accusation. The question again IS this in fact true?

Secondly reading Specifically "4. Cohen's Illegal Campaign Contributions" per the statement "So as to suppres teh stories and thereby preventing them from influencing the election" This is something the DOJ will have to prove itself? The problem I see is that these situations happened 10 years prior to Trumps election with that already in 2011 there was an interview about it. So it was out in the open per say. To say they hid it to prevent the influence of the election may hold SOME possibilities... But its not like he had the affair during the campaign and then try to hide it?

Dr. Ford is 100% sure it was Kavanaugh that assaulted her, how did that turn out? Sorry burden of proof falls on the accuser.

No. Just no.

That is to be seen though right? So we are making assumptions that due to cohens letter stating that Individual 1 directed and coordinated, The DOJ is fishing for evidence to factualize this accusation. The question again IS this in fact true?.
We're not making assumptions.
Cohen testified under oath as part of a plea, to this.
The prosecutors believe it's true sufficient to include it in their court document.

If you are asking on what did they base their claim, that's not yet public record. It could be if it ever went to trial, for example...how do you expect that to happen?
If Trump were you or I, he would have already, likely been indicted on this charge.
As POTUS, he cannot be indicted.

How would posting these facts, be "fishing for evidence" as you claim? This is Cohen's sentencing document, it's a done deal.

No. Just no.

? OK So we have proof that Trump coordinated and Directed Cohen? We got proof right?

Same as WE have Proof that Trump called Putin, made a deal to interfere with the 2016 election.

We know Exactly what the 2 of the 3 case that Flynn helped tremendously in even though the documents was HIGHLY redacted.

You said it in your prior post, you are going to wait till you we see a little more details... I WANT justice if Trump is GUILT lets deal with it and move on..... But to accuse without facts to criminalize a person... again without KNOWING the facts... These are ALL accusations at this point...... Flynn cooperating and assisting in 3 additional cases. DO we know what those or 2 cases out side of 1 case being the Russian investigation??

Back
Top Bottom