• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Federal prosecutors in New York call for 'substantial term' in prison for Trump's ex-lawyer Michael

The DOJ and FBI are involved in Hillary's corruption they dragged there feet and slow walked the production of documents that revealed the depth of their corruption. They wanted to delay till the 2018 midterms. They knew if the Dems gained control like they did all investigation in to the corrupt at the FBI and DOJ would stop. And they were correct it will stop in the House but not in the Senate. The FISA warrant on Carter Page and 3 renewal were justified by using an unverified Russian smear Dossier that was financed by the RNC and HRC. Well Hillary got questions from D. Brazil before a debate thus cheating on B. Sanders and she had Wasserman-Shultz stacked the deck against Bernie and for her. That ultimately cause Wasserman Shultzer to force out of the RNC. Then we had HRC destroying government owned emails and lying and saying her server had no classified emails on it. The FBI debunked that lie. Yep Hillary is crooked. :lol:

The DOJ tanked Hillary's campaign. You can't get around that simple obvious fact. It will never fit into your ham-fisted conspiracy theory.

My Apologies! You are RIGHT HRC Faced the SAME if not MORE Scrutiny! I stand corrected if I in any way stated otherwise. I will agree.

What I have stated that in my opinion though she has NOT faced the same extent of the LAW. completely different from comparison of Trump and an everyday citizen like myself. What I mean is putting the shoe on the other foot and being in here position I would likely have faced UCMJ punishment for the EXACT same actions. Regardless of intent. THATS just my opinion. Relevant or NOT to the actual conversation is meaningless because thats my opinion.

Next in all fairness..... You just stated you are responding to my points while in the other post you stated you are ignoring majority of my rambling. In other words you are NOT responding. BUT I digress. I dont want to get into semantics and playing post games. Lets TRY this.

1) In my opinion HRC got huge amounts of scrutiny.
1a) HRC had a lot of questionable actions, From Paid Speaches, P4P, Servers, Destcution of Evidence and the death of 4 Americans while she was SOS
1b) SHE received NO punishment for any of the things in question. PERIOD. That is FACT. OK I accept.

2) TRUMP Currently getting similar of not MORE scrutiny at this point
2a) ZERO crimes of even accusation of a crime against trump. There is an open accusation that Trump colluded with Russia. NO factual basis
2b) All those currently charged in relation to trump are based on ACTIONS Done by the accused, Flynn Lying, Papadapoulus Lying, Manafort Financial crimes, Gates Financial times. Cohen is the only one that may implicate the President YET. this is an accusation by COHEN in his admission. This is NOT a indicted filing AGAINST the President.

Now Here is my NON partisan response. IF TRUMP is in fact guilty and there is ACTUAL proof, NOT accusations of Russian Collusion... THEN I am 100% in support for impeachment. Then Indict him on charges and he NEEDS to face the FULL extent of the law.

If there is NO proof that he colluded then WHAT are we doing? With that, We should investigate those that intended to create discord based on a false accusation. Hold those accountable.

Rationalizing Trumps crimes, LOOK at your Hypocrisy... WHAT CRIMES... What crimes has he been charged..... YOU DO KNOW any more than I DO. So until he is actually charged you are holding him guilty without due process. "Your" dishonesty... pretty sad.

Conservative doge. Why do you have to use a political party to classify my responses. like you say this is a debate forum yet. Your focus is to specify my post as a political bias or leaning. YET my focus is the fair execution of the law.

In all honesty. I have found you and your post the most disappointing of all people I have ever debated and this will be my last as your "Dishonesty" and bias makes for a useless debate. I have diagree with MANY others here but at least had an honest discussion. Happy Holidays. I wish you and you loved ones health and prosperity. BUT I graciously bow out of any further discussion.

Take care!

Being that the thread topic is "Federal prosecutors in New York call for 'substantial term' in prison for Trump's ex-lawyer Michael", what's your feelings on "Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison? " :2wave:

Being that the thread topic is "Federal prosecutors in New York call for 'substantial term' in prison for Trump's ex-lawyer Michael", what's your feelings on "Michael Cohen sentenced to 3 years in prison? " :2wave:

HMMM. So while I was on the LEO side of life, I was never involved with actual quantification of prepossessed crimes. BUT to give my thoughts.

First Cohen was charges with 4 crimes

1) Tax Evasion/Fraud
2) Making False Statements
3) Unlawful Corporate Contributions
4) Excessive Campaign contributions.

The first 3 of general importance and I am assuming to many the 4th is intended to implicate trump so lets deal with the first 3

1) is max 5 years in jail per count, with 5 counts...
2) is max 30 Years jail
3) is max 5 years

these first 3 charges are of 60 years max total this carries the burden of charges for these 3 in specificity.

His biggest was the Making false statements in relation to a credit decision..... Meaning this burden was 46% of his jail time. SO the fact that he got 3 years for almost half of his burden seems substantial WITH THAT he did PLEAD guilty so the fact he got jail time without cutting a deal before pleading guilt seems adequate. SO my assumption that these first 3 charges in itself for his OWN actions that he DID on his own by his own admission is his responsibility alone and seems somewhat adequate I assume.

NOW add the 4th charge which I am ASSUMING is what people really care about.

DID TRUMP actually direct Cohen to pay of Daniels?

1) Is there proof that Trump directed Cohen as this is just Cohen making a statement that he did.
2) Will the courts justify the charge that this was an attempt to disrupt the 2016 election to quantify it as an illegal campaign violation
3) Does the court have proof for intent that is was in direct relation the 2016 election as this sexual encounter did NOT occur during the 2016 election but just the payoff meaning that the event or concern to cover up the sexual encounter was already in the public sphere SO covering it up would be a little late.
4) Intent. If this is the one and ONLY NDA that was done by Trump and specifically during this time could indicate it was intended to cover up, BUT as Cohen has been branded trumps fixer. likely there have been more than this single NDA with that.. the intent or trend would be hard to prove.
5) IS this a Felony or NOT. Just by Cohen statements can this be proved in the court of law. that the FULL extent of a 5 year sentence.

@65 maximum years of jail this single charge holding 7% of the value of the TOTAL Jail time.... I wonder if this is anything worthy of actual impeachment or jail or felony count more than just a fine and a slap on the wrist.

Again the Hefty of the 4 crimes

25 years for TAX Faud
30 years for lying to a Financial institution.

This is where the bulk of his charges come from NOTHING to do with TRUMP.

HMMM. So while I was on the LEO side of life, I was never involved with actual quantification of prepossessed crimes. BUT to give my thoughts.

1) Tax Evasion/Fraud

The first 3 of general importance and I am assuming to many the 4th is intended to implicate trump so lets deal with the first 3

2) is max 30 Years jail
3) is max 5 years

these first 3 charges are of 60 years max total this carries the burden of charges for these 3 in specificity.

His biggest was the Making false statements in relation to a credit decision..... Meaning this burden was 46% of his jail time. SO the fact that he got 3 years for almost half of his burden seems substantial WITH THAT he did PLEAD guilty so the fact he got jail time without cutting a deal before pleading guilt seems adequate. SO my assumption that these first 3 charges in itself for his OWN actions that he DID on his own by his own admission is his responsibility alone and seems somewhat adequate I assume.

1) Is there proof that Trump directed Cohen as this is just Cohen making a statement that he did.
2) Will the courts justify the charge that this was an attempt to disrupt the 2016 election to quantify it as an illegal campaign violation
3) Does the court have proof for intent that is was in direct relation the 2016 election as this sexual encounter did NOT occur during the 2016 election but just the payoff meaning that the event or concern to cover up the sexual encounter was already in the public sphere SO covering it up would be a little late.
4) Intent. If this is the one and ONLY NDA that was done by Trump and specifically during this time could indicate it was intended to cover up, BUT as Cohen has been branded trumps fixer. likely there have been more than this single NDA with that.. the intent or trend would be hard to prove.
5) IS this a Felony or NOT. Just by Cohen statements can this be proved in the court of law. that the FULL extent of a 5 year sentence.

@65 maximum years of jail this single charge holding 7% of the value of the TOTAL Jail time.... I wonder if this is anything worthy of actual impeachment or jail or felony count more than just a fine and a slap on the wrist.

25 years for TAX Faud

Of course you would ignore the fact that the judge in his echoing of the allegation made in the SDNY's sentencing memo that "individual 1" participated in and even directed Cohen in the of the commission of the crimes outlined in the 4th charge means the Judge had accepted those allegations as being underlying facts in the case and this was taken under consideration in granting Mr Cohen some credit for his cooperation. That's more bad news for the Trump legal team.

1) Tax Evasion/Fraud

2) is max 30 Years jail
3) is max 5 years

25 years for TAX Faud

trumps(AKNA'Individual-1') calling paying off Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels a “simple private transaction.” :2wave:

Of course you would ignore the fact that the judge in his echoing of the allegation made in the SDNY's sentencing memo that "individual 1" participated in and even directed Cohen in the of the commission of the crimes outlined in the 4th charge means the Judge had accepted those allegations as being underlying facts in the case and this was taken under consideration in granting Mr Cohen some credit for his cooperation. That's more bad news for the Trump legal team.

Ignore? I am NOT... you just stated it "ALLEGATION" does not make it true. Due process and the fact that you are innocent till proven guilty.

BY this statement it is NOT justifying or denying for TRUMP I just want proof that in fact trump Directed with the intent to affect the 2016 election outcome. OR was this a NORMAL NDA process that SCUMBAG TRUMP has done and in no ACTUAL relation to the Campaign

SECONDLY IT CAN STILL BE a violation... but it can be of a subsequent negligent action meaning he did NOT have the intent to affect the 2016 elections, BUT he is an IDIOT and did it ignorantly. The question then remains is this a impeachable offense and would the house and congress agree that his intent WAS to afffect the out come of the 2016 elections.

trumps(AKNA'Individual-1') calling paying off Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels a “simple private transaction.” :2wave:

The Cup is Half Full and half empty..... the only way to determine it is by a case ruling.

1) Person says its a campaign violation payoff
2) Another person says its a private transaction.

Its one or the other right? until it is fairly adjudicated....the penalty or blame is ALL opinions......

AGAIN I am NOT defending TRUMP if he is GUILTY so BE it. But then again..... Will it reach the House and Senate to be able to pass a movement of impeachment? I highly doubt more so I more see the courts fining him but thats just my opinion.

COHEN saying that TRUMP directed him is NO more Truthful then him saying that there was NO Russian Talks in 2016 and no more truth then him saying there is an alien moon base. YOU NEED FACTS, Corroboration or admission of guilty to be charged....

Ignore? I am NOT... you just stated it "ALLEGATION" does not make it true. Due process and the fact that you are innocent till proven guilty.

BY this statement it is NOT justifying or denying for TRUMP I just want proof that in fact trump Directed with the intent to affect the 2016 election outcome. OR was this a NORMAL NDA process that SCUMBAG TRUMP has done and in no ACTUAL relation to the Campaign

SECONDLY IT CAN STILL BE a violation... but it can be of a subsequent negligent action meaning he did NOT have the intent to affect the 2016 elections, BUT he is an IDIOT and did it ignorantly. The question then remains is this a impeachable offense and would the house and congress agree that his intent WAS to afffect the out come of the 2016 elections.

The Cup is Half Full and half empty..... the only way to determine it is by a case ruling.

1) Person says its a campaign violation payoff
2) Another person says its a private transaction.

Its one or the other right? until it is fairly adjudicated....the penalty or blame is ALL opinions......

AGAIN I am NOT defending TRUMP if he is GUILTY so BE it. But then again..... Will it reach the House and Senate to be able to pass a movement of impeachment? I highly doubt more so I more see the courts fining him but thats just my opinion.

COHEN saying that TRUMP directed him is NO more Truthful then him saying that there was NO Russian Talks in 2016 and no more truth then him saying there is an alien moon base. YOU NEED FACTS, Corroboration or admission of guilty to be charged....

I’m with former CIA Director Brennan when he said trump's press conference with putin was treasonous.:2wave:

SHE received NO punishment for any of the things in question. PERIOD. That is FACT. OK I accept.

doesn't look like you accept it. You can keep going on with "I'd gone to jail for what she did" but you don't seem to know what she did. I directed you to a thread where it was discussed. I find that conservatives don't really go looking for facts once they make up their mind.

YOU DO KNOW any more than I DO

This is what is called a Freudian Slip because I clearly do know more than you. I'm aware of the Trump Tower meeting and trump promising to have dirt on Hillary two days before the meeting.

Candidate Donald Trump vowed to expose dirt on his political opponents Bill and Hillary Clinton just two days before the controversial 2016 Trump Tower meeting that his former lawyer Michael Cohen insisted Trump knew about.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ump-tower-meeting_us_5b5be524e4b0de86f4974fa3

You need to understand your conservative masters are not really keeping you up to date on the facts. Remember, they're the ones who told you "president Obama was born in Kenya", "his BC a forgery", "death panels" and the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies. And don't forget, the whole investigation started because Papadopoulos bragged about the wiki dump before it happened.

An Australian diplomat's tip appears to have helped persuade the FBI to investigate Russian meddling in the U.S. election and possible coordination with the Trump campaign, The New York Times reported Saturday.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...-diplomat-was-key-factor-fbi-s-russia-n833691

So until he is actually charged you are holding him guilty without due process.
Whining about Hillary as you post this only makes sense in conservative world.

I’m with former CIA Director Brennan when he said trump's press conference with putin was treasonous.:2wave:

OK! Good for you. How that helps the situation, nor validates collusion is another thing.... So Your opinion is duly noted!

OK! Good for you. How that helps the situation, nor validates collusion is another thing.... So Your opinion is duly noted!

Er uh Ex, its kinda funny that you sarcastically flail at the idea of collusion when I posted to you actual evidence of collusion. And based on the “evidence” conservatives obediently believed concerning “President Obama was born in Kenya”, “his BC a forgery”, “death panels”, and of course the vile and disgusting “stand down” lies you should be demanding trump be put in jail. And by your standards, its “crooked trump”.

Who do you think has more experience rooting out treasonous riff-raff a former CIA Director who spent 25 years as an analyst at the CIA before he was appointed Director or trump?:2wave:

Who do you think has more experience rooting out treasonous riff-raff a former CIA Director who spent 25 years as an analyst at the CIA before he was appointed Director or trump?:2wave:

Neither. The law does.... so if what the former CIA director is serious in his comment he should send his referral up the chain and have it processed.... Dont just talk the talk , walk the walk..

If he really thinks he committed treason put up or shut up accuse a Sitting President and see how that goes....seriously...

Neither. The law does.... so if what the former CIA director is serious in his comment he should send his referral up the chain and have it processed.... Dont just talk the talk , walk the walk..

If he really thinks he committed treason put up or shut up accuse a Sitting President and see how that goes....seriously...

All you gotta do is connect the dots...and that is that’s what fellow jarhead Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III is doing so admirably.:thumbs:

The SDNY can claim what ever they want it boils down to what can they prove. The fact is they have a very very weak case that would likely not hold up in court.

The Feds have a 93% conviction rate. If they charged it, the odds that it is true are greatly in their favor. The standard of proof to bring a federal indictment is a high. They are serious prosecutors that do not waste their time with frivolous suits. This is too high profile of a case for the standards of proof to have not been met and more likely exceeded.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao/legacy/2013/10/28/12statrpt.pdf

From above cite: "...Of the 87,709 defendants terminated during Fiscal Year 2012, 80,963, or 93 percent, either pled guilty or were found guilty . See Table 3. The rate of conviction remained over 90 percent, as it has since Fiscal Year 2001...."

You are grasping at straws if you feel the case is weak. Moreover, if YOU feel the case is weak I think you need to let us know what law school you graduated from otherwise we will simply assume you are practicing without a license (a nice way of saying that it appears that you don't know what you are talking about).

Last edited:
All you gotta do is connect the dots...and that is that’s what fellow jarhead Special Counsel Robert Swan Mueller III is doing so admirably.:thumbs:

Sure thing... Connect the dots! I gotcha. Ill will wait to make those judgement when a report finally gets dropped and if there is a prosecutor-able case that the DOJ will take. Until then I will do my best to wait to make judgements about guilt or acts of treason or condemn the President of the United States. As Currently there are no charges indictments or EVEN actual crimes have NOT been shown to be committed by the president.

We can all accuse the POTUS, but nothing is formal outside of an accusation.

Sure thing... Connect the dots! I gotcha. Ill will wait to make those judgement when a report finally gets dropped and if there is a prosecutor-able case that the DOJ will take. Until then I will do my best to wait to make judgements about guilt or acts of treason or condemn the President of the United States. As Currently there are no charges indictments or EVEN actual crimes have NOT been shown to be committed by the president.

We can all accuse the POTUS, but nothing is formal outside of an accusation.

I am glad that we agree on something…BUTT! If the big dim-witted doofus in the oval office is off his meds and he starts a war or something worse, I feel for the nation. I am also worried that we might not the time to connect the dots before the next election. The republicans in the senate are lapdogs for the “dim-witted doofus in the oval office.:2wave:“

I am glad that we agree on something…BUTT! If the big dim-witted doofus in the oval office is off his meds and he starts a war or something worse, I feel for the nation. I am also worried that we might not the time to connect the dots before the next election. The republicans in the senate are lapdogs for the “dim-witted doofus in the oval office.:2wave:“

Its hard to take anyone serious when they use vulgar terms to describe the POTUS. With that being said, I still have to respect your opinion.

Start Wars? Is this NOT a hypocritical statement coming from a "Slightly Liberal" person that is critisizing the president with terms like doofus, off meds, dim-witted

The Sad part is Trump is damned either way by you guys.

North Korea is shooting Missiles over Japan, He makes the unprecedented move by having an actual face to face. Tries to negotiate to stop as well as nuclear development, HAS NOT happened in 60 years a face to face. NO missles have been shot since... YET they complain that his talks did nothing about the Nukes....UM first meeting in 60 years, you expected him to Negotiate perfectly the first go around?

Syria.... Gassed their own people We shoot 50 Tomahaks, They do it again, we kill some Mercs and Assad Regime fighters.... Complain that its not enough blah blah.

Russia, NO PROOF not even a Pay for play in 2 years NOTHING to show if said "collusion" occurred... Yet, at a strategic point NOT to have another cold war with Russia, Trump is trying to be friendly with Russia, NOT trying to start a war.... YEAH but he colluded...Funny... Still have not seen a benefit for Russia, Heaviest sanctions, criticism of the German oil pipeline, Killed some Russian mercs in Syria... But surely there was collusion....

Saudi Arabia..... Kills their OWN CITIZEN (Kashouggi is NOT a US citizen, more so he is a temporary visa holder that does NOT offer permanent resident protections. HIS children are citizens YES, but Kashouggi was killed by his OWN country in a Saudi Embassy)...... Its an Atrocity... committed by another country on its own country man. YET. We want to go "to war" with Saudi Arabia for this? Trump is trying to balance the middle east you know HOW MUCH Atrocities go on in that country as well has many other countries.

Anyways.... the typical name calling... the disregarding of the facts that I have laid out...this post will likely go in vain.... but maybe you might be interested in debating it... who knows...

Anyway. Trump is scumbag...its been known, BUT his policies speak for itself. YOU MAY NOT agree with it, BUT I DO. I DO agree that MOST policies that was done was for the Greater good, BUT thats my opinion.

its too bad... that people just dislike the guy so much that they dont look at the ACTUAL policies nor the ACTUAL points of the policies.....They just want to hate on him just because....

Last edited:
Its hard to take anyone serious when they use vulgar terms to describe the POTUS. With that being said, I still have to respect your opinion.

Start Wars? Is this NOT a hypocritical statement coming from a "Slightly Liberal" person that is critisizing the president with terms like doofus, off meds, dim-witted

The Sad part is Trump is damned either way by you guys.

North Korea is shooting Missiles over Japan, He makes the unprecedented move by having an actual face to face. Tries to negotiate to stop as well as nuclear development, HAS NOT happened in 60 years a face to face. NO missles have been shot since... YET they complain that his talks did nothing about the Nukes....UM first meeting in 60 years, you expected him to Negotiate perfectly the first go around?

Syria.... Gassed their own people We shoot 50 Tomahaks, They do it again, we kill some Mercs and Assad Regime fighters.... Complain that its not enough blah blah.

Russia, NO PROOF not even a Pay for play in 2 years NOTHING to show if said "collusion" occurred... Yet, at a strategic point NOT to have another cold war with Russia, Trump is trying to be friendly with Russia, NOT trying to start a war.... YEAH but he colluded...Funny... Still have not seen a benefit for Russia, Heaviest sanctions, criticism of the German oil pipeline, Killed some Russian mercs in Syria... But surely there was collusion....

Saudi Arabia..... Kills their OWN CITIZEN (Kashouggi is NOT a US citizen, more so he is a temporary visa holder that does NOT offer permanent resident protections. HIS children are citizens YES, but Kashouggi was killed by his OWN country in a Saudi Embassy)...... Its an Atrocity... committed by another country on its own country man. YET. We want to go "to war" with Saudi Arabia for this? Trump is trying to balance the middle east you know HOW MUCH Atrocities go on in that country as well has many other countries.

Anyways.... the typical name calling... the disregarding of the facts that I have laid out...this post will likely go in vain.... but maybe you might be interested in debating it... who knows...

Anyway. Trump is scumbag...its been known, BUT his policies speak for itself. YOU MAY NOT agree with it, BUT I DO. I DO agree that MOST policies that was done was for the Greater good, BUT thats my opinion.

its too bad... that people just dislike the guy so much that they dont look at the ACTUAL policies nor the ACTUAL points of the policies.....They just want to hate on him just because....
BUT his policies speak for itself.
:lamo

Back
Top Bottom