• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fear! Is that was drives you?

Is it though?

I would say a tendency to have strong emotional reactions to threats to the tribe in a world where the cynical manipulation of emotion is at the heart of every political and marketing message is quite useful in understanding where we are and how we got here.

Where virtually every message from the other side to its people is based on fear of some kind. With undertones that those fears may need to be addressed with patriotic violence.

Trump has stated repeatedly that he cannot lose the next election unless it is stolen from him. Unless the evil commie democrats commit massive coordinated fraud to impose their commie will on the American people by removing the only thing that stands between them and being forced into interracial gay marriages to Muslims, or what ever else the idiots believe.

Because the idiots are legion. We have all seen their glorious contributions to our mitigation efforts, which they have now been instructed were unnecessary in the forts place because things have improved. And they now believe.

The wholesale adoption of the tools of persuasion, developed through a century of research and experimentation in to human cognition, psychology and behavior, is how we got where we are today. Because it works. It is so ubiquitous we talk about it without thinking about it.

We call the discipline "narrative management" right now. It was "spin doctor" at one point. Both campaigns have heads of narrative management. People talk about "framing" in the news all the time. But nobody goes into what that is nor how and why it is used.

I have seen arguments that it can help people understand things better by providing a different perspective. And I would agree to an extent. Because the problem is that far too often its just encouraging a way of looking at a subject from just the right angle, in just the right light, if you squint just right, so that you adopt the perspective their clients pay them to encourage.

The entire discipline thrives on causing its subjects to misapprehend the topic at hand. That's where the money and power is at. It isn't about providing a new way of looking at a subject that results in a greater understanding. It's about providing a way to look at it that results in the understanding the client paid for in the target demographic.

Gingrich brought this into our politics. It changed our society. Don't believe me. It is a topic of great study because it marked such a clear turning point in our politics. So any search strung should yield an abundance of results.

We are adhere a society gets when it embraces cynical manipualtion as a sacred protected right. The problem of how do we protect the right to speak and address the fact that speech has been successfully "weaponized" is IMO the biggest thing we need to address.

We're about to see why, if I am reading this right.

My premise does perfectly explain the trump phenomenon.

Sorry WhatIf, but perhaps I did not explain myself clear enough. I said useless information simply because your explanation was so confusing and above most normal minds that understanding it was very difficult. You have done the same with this explanation you just gave. I see what you mean but even I, who considers myself relatively intelligent, had problems seeing and understanding what you said in a clear way.

I try to explain things in way that we all understand. Here is what I mean

Trump is like a Mafia boss that comes to town and tries to charge a fee of you for his protection, usually meaning a fee from him to personally not attack you. Evidently, if he was not in town, the protection would not be needed. He has in fact made the problem and the solution in one fell swoop with the only reason is for his own personal benefit. He has created the fear and then offered the solution.

This is exactly what Trump has done, created fear and then offered himself as the solution.

What is even worse and more worrisome is that he is so incompetent that he is actually incapable of protecting you from himself. So you pay for the protection but you are still completely at risk of him attacking you even if you paid his fee. It is the worst of both worlds.

Explaining things in this way that everyone can understand fully is better than what you said, which in some ways is basically the same, but confusing

I don't know why you are asking me this question. Nota is the one that brought faith up.

Nonetheless, let me state what my faith means to me. I have faith that most humans have at least one of the following (morals, ethics, principles, or humanity). It is rare to find anyone that has all 4 but just having 1 is enough to prevent a person from doing permanent damage to others. There are a few people, like Trump for example, that have none of those 4 and when that happens, that is highly dangerous. In our personal lives we can protect ourselves from those kinds of people if by at least staying away from them but in the case of the leader of our country being one of them, staying away is not an option since anything he does can affect us deeply without us being able to do anything.

I have faith in God and in people in general but I also know that there are people that have no good in them at all and those are the situations I fear. Trump uses that fear to stimulate people to do what he wants. It is like a mafia boss that is in a neighborhood and charges people a fee to protect them from himself. There would be nothing to fear is the mafia boss wasn't around but you need to pay him to protect yourself from him. That is Trump's goal. I can make your life miserable so pay me so that I don't. Unfortunately, he is not a competent mafia boss and that means that even if you pay him to protect yourself from him, you are still likely to get hurt because he can't even protect himself from himself.

I quoted you, because you were post number one in the thread, and she brought up faith in the very second post. Your OP is about Trump’s politics of fear, she debated that and said no, it’s faith.

Please read this last sentence of the OP: "Is fear was makes you do things? Otherwise, you would not try to become a better person?"

I answered this question.

Thank you for explaining what you meant

I quoted you, because you were post number one in the thread, and she brought up faith in the very second post. Your OP is about Trump’s politics of fear, she debated that and said no, it’s faith.

Let me make it easy and clear.

If you have faith, fear is not a problem.

Sorry WhatIf, but perhaps I did not explain myself clear enough. I said useless information simply because your explanation was so confusing and above most normal minds that understanding it was very difficult. You have done the same with this explanation you just gave. I see what you mean but even I, who considers myself relatively intelligent, had problems seeing and understanding what you said in a clear way.

I try to explain things in way that we all understand. Here is what I mean

Trump is like a Mafia boss that comes to town and tries to charge a fee of you for his protection, usually meaning a fee from him to personally not attack you. Evidently, if he was not in town, the protection would not be needed. He has in fact made the problem and the solution in one fell swoop with the only reason is for his own personal benefit. He has created the fear and then offered the solution.

This is exactly what Trump has done, created fear and then offered himself as the solution.

What is even worse and more worrisome is that he is so incompetent that he is actually incapable of protecting you from himself. So you pay for the protection but you are still completely at risk of him attacking you even if you paid his fee. It is the worst of both worlds.

Explaining things in this way that everyone can understand fully is better than what you said, which in some ways is basically the same, but confusing

Thanks for the reasoned response.

Shirt form goes more like this.

Research and experimentation has yielded a set of tools by which the desired emotional response can be elicited in a predictable, repeatable percentage of a target demographic. We can be made to feel good or bad about a subject in predictable ways.

This has been applied to this society for decades for profit and power.

And this is the process by which we come to be where we are. We cannot heal until we figure out what has made us sick.

The persuasion sciences are what has made us sick. They are the source of our divide. There are contracts, receipts, pay stubs.

Using terms like "radical left" shows you are driven not only fear but also ignorance. There is no "radical left" in the United States. That's just Trump trying to scare you, and succeeding. Which is the exactly point of the OP.

:lamo Tell that to the people whose businesses are destroyed. Tell it to the families of those seriously injured or killed by the leftist mobs destroying our cities. Tell it to all the people whose guns you want to confiscate.

:lamo Tell that to the people whose businesses are destroyed. Tell it to the families of those seriously injured or killed by the leftist mobs destroying our cities. Tell it to all the people whose guns you want to confiscate.

Here is some fear back at you.

If Trump wins, you have a 5% chance of dying from the corona virus. If Trump wins, you have a 50% (or better chance) the riots, looting, and protests will not only continue but get worse. The Black population will get incendiary with a Trump win. As such, if you care about yourself or anyone close to you, a Trump win will increase the chances of you being looted and rioted against.

Here is some fear back at you.

If Trump wins, you have a 5% chance of dying from the corona virus. If Trump wins, you have a 50% (or better chance) the riots, looting, and protests will not only continue but get worse. The Black population will get incendiary with a Trump win. As such, if you care about yourself or anyone close to you, a Trump win will increase the chances of you being looted and rioted against.

Hilarious. Man, that's some recommendation isn't it? If we don't win we'll burn down your cities! Maybe Biden should use that as a campaign slogan.:lamo It's not the black population getting incendiary. It's a tiny radical sliver of it mixed in with white rabble like Antifa. They are criminals pure and simple and nobody is going to surrender to them. In fact, Trump will probably double his black support from 2016 because it is the black community that bares the brunt of urban violence, violence you're promising more of.

Hilarious. Man, that's some recommendation isn't it? If we don't win we'll burn down your cities! Maybe Biden should use that as a campaign slogan.:lamo It's not the black population getting incendiary. It's a tiny radical sliver of it mixed in with white rabble like Antifa. They are criminals pure and simple and nobody is going to surrender to them. In fact, Trump will probably double his black support from 2016 because it is the black community that bares the brunt of urban violence, violence you're promising more of.

I suggest you write my comment down on a notepad so that you can either throw it at my face in December or me throwing it in your face.

No big problem with me. I personally "hope" it doesn't happen but my analytical mind says those are the probabilities. I don't think you have ever had to use your analytical mind in the past (or even that you have one) but analysis is what I do every day and have done so for 43 years (and I dare say successfully) being a stock analyst.

Hey, it really is simple. Proof one way or the other is just a few months away.

I suggest you write my comment down on a notepad so that you can either throw it at my face in December or me throwing it in your face.

No big problem with me. I personally "hope" it doesn't happen but my analytical mind says those are the probabilities. I don't think you have ever had to use your analytical mind in the past (or even that you have one) but analysis is what I do every day and have done so for 43 years (and I dare say successfully) being a stock analyst.

Hey, it really is simple. Proof one way or the other is just a few months away.

The only "analysis" you made was that the rabble would act up even more if Trump wins. We all know that already.

The only "analysis" you made was that the rabble would act up even more if Trump wins. We all know that already.

So you want a president that has shown he cannot control the "rabble" now to become president and have more rabble he will also be unable to control. That makes sense, doesn't it? Incompetence rules and you want even more, right?

You are not looking for solutions, you just want what you want and the hell with the rest of the nation.

Quite ironic since D thrive on fear

Fear of the virus, fear of the death that sometimes albeit rarely goes with said virus bc they are not ready to meet Jesus.

Jesus was not one to condone killing children...

Jesus instead said to become like them in order to enter the kingdom of heaven

The Ds fear a president who obvious supports Christians and Christianity...

Their rage against him is nothing short of diabolical

So you want a president that has shown he cannot control the "rabble" now to become president and have more rabble he will also be unable to control. That makes sense, doesn't it? Incompetence rules and you want even more, right?

You are not looking for solutions, you just want what you want and the hell with the rest of the nation.

You don't seem to understand that the mayors and governors in these places have first responsibility to stop the violence. If they cannot do it, they must request Federal help. It is in their hands, not Trump's. Yet, if Trump unilaterally acts, you'll go berserk screaming "Fascism!". There's no winning with the left because they will say or do anything to get power. Truth plays no part in it.

You really are funny

Tiny radical sliver of mixed in with white rabble.

Does this look tiny to you?

BLMProtest3.jpg

or this

BLMProtest2.jpg

and even from France

BLMProtest1.jpg

BLMProtest.jpg

You want more examples? There are hundreds of pics from different areas...............Tiny, eh? Hahahahahaha!

I mean, you are really funny..............or perhaps even more.......pathetic.

Last edited:
You really are funny

Tiny radical sliver of mixed in with white rabble.

Does this look tiny to you?

You want more examples? There are hundreds of pics from different areas................Tiny, eh? Hahahahahaha!

I mean, you are really funny..............or perhaps even more.......pathetic.

We're talking about the rioters NOT peaceful protesters. It's also humorous that you have to put up pictures of foreign cities as if they have anything to do with the topic. The only thing pathetic is your desperate attempt to runaway from facts. A TINY part of the black population engages in these riots. The majority is hurt by them because they largely live where they are happening. So, no, you have nothing as always.

We're talking about the rioters NOT peaceful protesters. It's also humorous that you have to put up pictures of foreign cities as if they have anything to do with the topic. The only thing pathetic is your desperate attempt to runaway from facts. A TINY part of the black population engages in these riots. The majority is hurt by them because they largely live where they are happening. So, no, you have nothing as always.

Whatever you say. You are convinced in your own blindness.

Bottom line, Trump has not been able to handle what is happening now and if he wins, the problems will double, triple or even go tenfold.

All you have is words. Look out your window and see what is happening. It is unhappiness with what Trump is doing to the Black Community. His inability and his lack of desire to fix the problems. What is he going to do next? Throw money at them?

Whatever you say. You are convinced in your own blindness.

Bottom line, Trump has not been able to handle what is happening now and if he wins, the problems will double, triple or even go tenfold.

All you have is words. Look out your window and see what is happening. It is unhappiness with what Trump is doing to the Black Community. His inability and his lack of desire to fix the problems. What is he going to do next? Throw money at them?

This is beyond absurd. What is Trump doing to the black community? Let's have it. What? He helped give them record employment. He gave record aid to black colleges. He passed criminal justice reform that helps blacks who make up a large percentage of inmates. He set up opportunity zones for minority communities. What did Biden ever do other than craft the 1994 crime bill which put even more blacks into prison? What did Obama do other than run his trap? He did nothing.

The rioting isn't about Trump. It isn't even about police killing unarmed blacks. That's an excuse to attack the very foundations of society, capitalism and the class system. These are far left radicals, anarchists and Marxists. Democrats haven't figured out that none of these people are going to vote at all. Destruction is all they care about. That gross miscalculation and misreading of the disgust felt by most normal people, of all races, is why they will lose.

This is beyond absurd. What is Trump doing to the black community? Let's have it. What? He helped give them record employment. He gave record aid to black colleges. He passed criminal justice reform that helps blacks who make up a large percentage of inmates. He set up opportunity zones for minority communities. What did Biden ever do other than craft the 1994 crime bill which put even more blacks into prison? What did Obama do other than run his trap? He did nothing.

The rioting isn't about Trump. It isn't even about police killing unarmed blacks. That's an excuse to attack the very foundations of society, capitalism and the class system. These are far left radicals, anarchists and Marxists. Democrats haven't figured out that none of these people are going to vote at all. Destruction is all they care about. That gross miscalculation and misreading of the disgust felt by most normal people, of all races, is why they will lose.

I then have to wonder if all Blacks are stupid given that with all those benefits that Trump has created for the Blacks, only 8% of the Blacks are likely to vote for him this November, and that is down from 14% in 2016.

I guess the Blacks don't know good from bad, do they?

I then have to wonder if all Blacks are stupid given that with all those benefits that Trump has created for the Blacks, only 8% of the Blacks are likely to vote for him this November, and that is down from 14% in 2016.

I guess the Blacks don't know good from bad, do they?

You have it backwards. Trump got 8% of the black vote in 2016. He'll double that this year. I'm still waiting to hear all about what Trump has done to the black community and what Biden has done for them. In fact, what have the Democrats in all these burning cities done for them? Having their businesses burned down and their neighborhoods destroyed is hardly a reason to vote for Biden.

You have it backwards. Trump got 8% of the black vote in 2016. He'll double that this year. I'm still waiting to hear all about what Trump has done to the black community and what Biden has done for them. In fact, what have the Democrats in all these burning cities done for them? Having their businesses burned down and their neighborhoods destroyed is hardly a reason to vote for Biden.

You need to check your resources (likely your biased mind) because you are wrong

Poll: Overwhelming majority of black voters back any 2020 Democrat over Trump

I also put out a post a week ago with a link showing that Trump got 14% in 2016 and is down to 8% now. I am too busy right now to look for that post but I will find it and show it to you. You are wrong

You need to check your resources (likely your biased mind) because you are wrong

Poll: Overwhelming majority of black voters back any 2020 Democrat over Trump

I also put out a post a week ago with a link showing that Trump got 14% in 2016 and is down to 8% now. I am too busy right now to look for that post but I will find it and show it to you. You are wrong

Nope. Here's Pew Research and they have Trump getting 6% in 2016. Regardless, he'll double it or better this year.

An examination of the 2016 electorate, based on validated voters | Pew Research Center

Nope. Here's Pew Research and they have Trump getting 6% in 2016. Regardless, he'll double it or better this year.

An examination of the 2016 electorate, based on validated voters | Pew Research Center

That may be true but it is also true that a lot more Black voters will be voting in 2020 and the increase in voter turnout among Black voters will favor Biden. Lots of Black voters that were for Hillary did not vote in 2016, thinking she was a shoo-in. This time, the Black voters are most stimulated, especially those that are against Trump. In 2016, the black voters that believed in Trump showed up. There may be more of them this year but there will more that did not show up to vote for Hillary in 2016 that will show up in 2020 that will be voting for Biden than those that did not show up to vote for Trump in 2016

Back
Top Bottom