• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fantasy Football 2017/2018

Going to 6-5.

Lewis and Ekeler, last week's waiver claims, are looking good. Morris is gettin' in the groove. With my RB weakness solved, the roster is pure top talent. Y'all best fear, 5-1 over last 6 games and projected for 130 points this week (2 MNF players).

Last edited:
Going to 6-5.

Lewis and Ekeler, last week's waiver claims, are looking good. Morris is gettin' in the groove. With my RB weakness solved, the roster is pure top talent. Y'all best fear, 5-1 over last 6 games and projected for 130 points this week (2 MNF players).

I have a feeling the winner of this weeks match between you and Buddhist will determine the last slot in the playoffs.

I have a feeling the winner of this weeks match between you and Buddhist will determine the last slot in the playoffs.

'Twas so. I'm projected to 130, going 7-5 and playoff bound. 6-1 over the last 7 games.

Sure they might have interest but he's a free agent after this season, same as Cousins. And their interest in Cousins is mountainous. A horrible trade; a one (actually, half) year contract for a 2nd round pick. I don't care if it's Brady; half a season is not worth a 2nd round pick. It should have have been a 'sign and trade' deal.

If I had to guess the 49'ers don't want Jimmy G to come in and play well when the season is already lost.

They also don't want to start winning games and go from 1-3 in the draft to 4-7. They might put him in the last few weeks of the season when they play teams fighting for the playoffs.

They will put the franchise tag on him and acquire the weapons for him to succeed in the offseason.

Draft Saquon Barkley (RB)
Sign Jimmy Graham (TE) free agency.

Playing in meaningless games won't be enough to determine if Jimmy G is worth a mega contract so I think they will just franchise him. No point in him getting beat up right now.

Highest score of the week by 10 points (134). #5 and climbing. I've more total points than #3 and 4, 4 is one game ahead; he better win this week or his place is mine.

Such a crushing loss in the first round of the playoffs. Too many players grossly under-performing simultaneously. Oh well, I'm in first place in my other 2 leagues anyway.

Such a crushing loss in the first round of the playoffs. Too many players grossly under-performing simultaneously. Oh well, I'm in first place in my other 2 leagues anyway.

The playoffs just started this week...right?

Me vs Eco
Seattle Reign vs Your moms house
Chillaxer vs texas factor
Regulators vs Buddhist McCaffrey (brilliant name btw)

The playoffs just started this week...right?

Me vs Eco
Seattle Reign vs Your moms house
Chillaxer vs texas factor
Regulators vs Buddhist McCaffrey (brilliant name btw)
Bad week for me to start the playoffs...but then...I wasnt supposed to win any games and was set to finish dead last after the draft...so...we'll call it a success.

Bad week for me to start the playoffs...but then...I wasnt supposed to win any games and was set to finish dead last after the draft...so...we'll call it a success.

I hear ya there. I can't believe I did as well as I did this year. I'll get rolled by Eco round 1. My team would be much better except for the fact that I had a surgery/hospital stay where I was away from the internet. I had a friend managr my team while I was out and the cork soaker traded Jimmy Graham to chillaxer for Jermaine F-en Kearse. Not real happy about that.

I hear ya there. I can't believe I did as well as I did this year. I'll get rolled by Eco round 1. My team would be much better except for the fact that I had a surgery/hospital stay where I was away from the internet. I had a friend managr my team while I was out and the cork soaker traded Jimmy Graham to chillaxer for Jermaine F-en Kearse. Not real happy about that.
I unfortunately drafted the all-convict team. Cant keep my players healthy or off suspension.

The underdogs really brought their A-GAME this week. 3/4 of the favored teams lost in the first round of the playoffs. Would have been nice if Seattle Reign scored just a few fewer points so that they could have lost as well. I have no chance against them next week because I don't expect another miracle.

The underdogs really brought their A-GAME this week. 3/4 of the favored teams lost in the first round of the playoffs. Would have been nice if Seattle Reign scored just a few fewer points so that they could have lost as well. I have no chance against them next week because I don't expect another miracle.

I can't believe I turned the tables on Eco. He should have smoked me like a christmas ham.

I expected a LITTLE better showing...but not much. I should have stuck with my gut pickup of the Broncos Defense and played them against the Jets...but still...

Matt Ryan...the Gatorade people called...they want their money back. You suck.

Not to be pedantic but you don't have to play Seattle Reign this week. It's my pleasure to get shellacked by them this week.

I can't believe I turned the tables on Eco. He should have smoked me like a christmas ham.

I made a couple mistakes going with high projections on recently disappointing players (Evans especially, was so close to benching him) and thus leaving points on my bench. Well played, you got me. Best of luck against the league powerhouse next week.

I made a couple mistakes going with high projections on recently disappointing players (Evans especially, was so close to benching him) and thus leaving points on my bench. Well played, you got me. Best of luck against the league powerhouse next week.

Sheer luck. There was no way to predict the sort of production I got from the likes of Jamal Williams and Kenyon Drake. The waiver wire has been good to me.

Edit - if I get a combined 42 points from them every week I'm winning the fantasy bowl.

Sheer luck. There was no way to predict the sort of production I got from the likes of Jamal Williams and Kenyon Drake. The waiver wire has been good to me.

Edit - if I get a combined 42 points from them every week I'm winning the fantasy bowl.

Williams has been on the upswing and Drake is alone in the backfield (no other options) so volume is guaranteed. I played Drake in my daily last week. Waiver wire is a big part of the game. I built my backfield in waivers as well, Morris and Lewis.

Not luck, you got the job done.

You might need a little luck to win against Seattle, though. ;)

I expected a LITTLE better showing...but not much. I should have stuck with my gut pickup of the Broncos Defense and played them against the Jets...but still...

Matt Ryan...the Gatorade people called...they want their money back. You suck.
I scored 134 points and lost, FML. Yahoo had me at 81% win probability with 1 minute to go in the Steelers game when someone decided to catch a late pass and get bonus points for going over 200 receiving yards for the game. The really bad part was I did pick up the Broncos D and didn't start them. I should have gone with my gut because every site had Dallas as the better choice and I went with the predictions rather than what I wanted to do. If I had started the Broncos D, I would have put up 144 points and won easily. Oh well, it is what it is.

I scored 134 points and lost, FML. Yahoo had me at 81% win probability with 1 minute to go in the Steelers game when someone decided to catch a late pass and get bonus points for going over 200 receiving yards for the game. The really bad part was I did pick up the Broncos D and didn't start them. I should have gone with my gut because every site had Dallas as the better choice and I went with the predictions rather than what I wanted to do. If I had started the Broncos D, I would have put up 144 points and won easily. Oh well, it is what it is.

Broncos D was ate up by Miami the previous week. Tough to play them after that.

I wasn't as invested in this league as I was a different one. Since it's a keeper league. However I just got eliminated from the playoff by losing 73.44-186.06. Yeah in that other league I got torn a new a-hole. But in this league, I'm going to the championship match. I'll be the underdog for sure but these playoff have been wild. Good luck "SEATTLE REIGN".

Seattle is 89 + Agholor vs 72 + Ben 4th Q. Seattle deserved it. Good season.

Congrats Seattle Reign.

OK, so far we've got the following confirmed (this is the traditional Standard scoring league):

Me
Crovax
Zyph
Eco
Renae
Vancemack
Johnson

I'm going to send out an invite to reinoe and x-factor. Does anybody else want in?

I played in in 2017. How do I get the DP Fantasy Football emblem below my avatar?

I played in in 2017. How do I get the DP Fantasy Football emblem below my avatar?

I haven't spent any time in front of my computer for almost a month now. I just issued this to you and congrats on winning!

Back
Top Bottom